WWE Day 1 - Saturday January 1, 2022 from State Farm Arena, Atlanta, GA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
First match done and a great match it was. Usos and New Day will never do anything but deliver. They’re the two most consistent tag teams of the last decade and this match was no different. Wasn’t their best match but it was still pretty good. And also pretty cool The Usos are using the 3-D as their finisher. 1-D now.

PPV off to a good start so far.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don’t think Brock is holding that belt too long. I hear talk about unifying the titles but I don’t think that’s the case.

I think Lashley wins the belt at the Rumble cause of Heyman screwing Lesnar and they get back on track to the whole Heyman/Lesnar/Reigns thing for Heyman.

Especially if Drew is gonna be out for an extended period

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Nice little match there by Drew McIntyre and Madcap Moss. Overall no complains from me about this PPV.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don’t think Brock is holding that belt too long. I hear talk about unifying the titles but I don’t think that’s the case.

I think Lashley wins the belt at the Rumble cause of Heyman screwing Lesnar and they get back on track to the whole Heyman/Lesnar/Reigns thing for Heyman.

Especially if Drew is gonna be out for an extended period
I can't see the Heyman part happening, I don't think it makes any sense at all. Can see him losing at the Rumble though.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I can't see the Heyman part happening, I don't think it makes any sense at all. Can see him losing at the Rumble though.
Without the Heyman swerve though, what’s Brock’s motivation for going after Roman?

If that’s what they wanna do, you gotta get there somehow.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Without the Heyman swerve though, what’s Brock’s motivation for going after Roman?

If that’s what they wanna do, you gotta get there somehow.
Roman giving Paul the Superman punch would be enough to start with. Paul negotiating for Brock to be in the Day1 Title match and then going back to Roman doesn't make any sense to me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
RK bro vs Street Profits was another nice match. Great work from all involved and a great finish. No complaints so far from me.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Roman giving Paul the Superman punch would be enough to start with. Paul negotiating for Brock to be in the Day1 Title match and then going back to Roman doesn't make any sense to me.
That works too. Not a huge fan of babyface Paul Heyman but they’re gonna do what they have to do I guess

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't think he'll go full baby, that'll be more Brock while Paul just continues talking shit like he did on Raw.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
That was kinda awesome :WOW

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Great match between Miz and Edge. Loved the Brood entrance. Glad the match got 20 minutes. Good psychology by both men. Unsurprisingly Beth Phoenix came out to scare off Maryse. Kind of stupid how she’s just standing there before her music plays lmao but I’m glad Edge got the victory. I’m sure we’ll get a mixed tag match at the Rumble to end the feud.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Alright Liv/Becky complete. Not a bad match but not great. These two don’t have the best chemistry. Some of the moves were just weird. It had some good spots though. Clearly a botched ending. Ultimately I’m not sure where Liv goes from here.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
And that takes care of the main event. Pretty fun match. Short but exciting. Still think it’s stupid that Brock won the title. They’re obviously teasing Brock vs Lashley since Brock got no offense on Lashley.

overall I think this was a really good PPV. There wasn’t a bad match.