WWE Cyber Sunday News: Steve Austin

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
You know what, I've posted this in the wrong section. This should be in news and spoilers thread. Can a mod change this please?
^^That's better

Anyway the rumours about SCSA appearing at CS has been going around for a while and it was obvious it was going to be another role as a ref but hopefully this could evolve into a SCSA's return to the ring with a feud leading up to WM but I hope it's with someone other than Batista or Y2J, they just seem like the wrong people to feud with so I hope something else happens if WWE are going to go ahead with aretirement storyline for SCSA.

vickymania

Reaction score
- WWE intends to have Steve Austin become the special referee of the Chris Jericho vs. Batista match at Cyber Sunday, regardless of the voting.

nw hw abt tht?? i dont know whether austin will be interested or nt..
comments people..

u knw wht,i've posted this in the wrong section..this shud be in news n spoilers thread..can a mod change this plz?

Evil Austin

I don't like that fact that Austin is in no matter what because we all know that Austin will win with this kids voting for him a million times over but either way they will act like he got the most vots..I dont like it do cyber sunday right or don't do it at all....

-TJ-

Well to be honest i think the Matches are decided regardless of voting. It makes more people tune in to see what will happen.

Vandy316

Reaction score
^i feel the same way. im sure many others do to. they should put the voting back on the computer and listen to the fans oppinion on who they want or what they want

-TJ-

This whole texting thing is a way to get more moneyz. when people only voted on the Computa, WWE got shit. Now they might get more moneyz.

chessarmy

So people are paying a dollar to vote for something that is rigged anyway? That makes sense.

I would rather see Shawn Michaels in the special referee role anyway, he actually has something to do with Chris Jericho. Austin will just be a cheap way to get a higher buy rate, we all know he isn't sticking around

The Rated R CMStar

You are acting as if Stone Cold wouldn't win the poll legally. Newsflash, rigged or not, odds are he would win anyways,

PeepShow

lol @ having the same discussion every year when Cyber Sunday comes around.

-TJ-

Stone Cold would win the poll legally. But the other stuff is different like five bucks says everyone will vote Santino to face Honky Tonky Man. :shifty: But the Pipe man will end up facing Merella

This Guy

Um, Austin will probably win the vote ligit anyways because if you noticed the crowd reaction when they made the announcement. Orton is pretty over right now, and the fans popped, then they said HBK (who being involved with Jericho since before Summer Slam made scense) got popped even bigger, but when they announced Austin as the 3rd choice the crowd went bannanas. I mean lets be honest, rigged polls or not the WWE always seems to have a way of getting the fans to vote for what they want anyways. Look at last year for Taker vs. Batista. Foley was one of the choices and we didn't even see him campaining for the spot as ref till the night of. Austin had been on the shows leading up and was involved in the story, so the fans voted Austin. I'm pretty sure it will be clear who the WWE wants the fans to vote for starting on the next Raw for the IC Title match and it wouldn't suprise me if they want the fans to vote for Honkeytonk Man. But I also wouldn't be suprised if Haas is actually facing Santino that night instead ready to go in as whoever the fans vote for (or as many of you believe the WWE rigs to win)

Airfixx

^^^Interesting idea about Haas. Would probably piss a fair few fans off though...

Austin as ref: "Meh".

Cyber Sunday is lame... A good job we get it for free here.

vickymania

Reaction score
not abt having steve austin as guest reff..it could be done anyways,anytime..but why cyber sunday??? it could have looked better in some other PPV..

Airfixx

Him randomly turning up to ref a match is simply boring and old... Doesn't matter what the PPV, unless it's part of an already existing angle that actually INVOLVES Austin, all it does it takes peeps attention from the focal point of the match he's called in for.... Half the crowd's just sat their waiting for Stunners & a beer bash.

vickymania

Reaction score
lol..maybe wwe shud invite him to have beer bashes with the crowd instead of reff any match..and if req,he can give stunners to the crowd only instead of wrestler's