WWE Cruiserweight Title : History or Could Make a Comeback??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
with what the WWE writer's r doing these days,they're getting off it somehow..but i would like to say that the matches being held on RAW or SD or ECW r slowly but surely getting repitative with only the known guys highlighting the show( Mainly the ME guys)..and as WWE cruiserweight title is vacant and not even being mentioned anymore,i think this has taken the chance of some of the cruiserweight division wrestler's to showcase their talent on TV..when the title was there,atleast most of them were getting the matches on SD..now we see most of them in the ECW roster trying to make tag teams and take on Morrisonm and Miz..

so,is the Cruiserweight title already history or we can see it resurrected in the coming months or maybe next year?? i strongly believe that if WWE atleast bring the title back on ECW,we will have some real good action to get on TV..cause i have always loved the cruiserweight fights..these guys do daring things in the ring and if brought back on ECW,they can even have extreme rules included..so can we expect to see the title back?? there's enough guys and talent around in WWE to take it forward..

comments..

Enigma22

Reaction score
i think they should bring it back at mania and have rey win it against someone...

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
i think they should bring it back at mania and have rey win it against someone...

That's not such a bad idea. They could put on an 8 Way Cruiserweight Interpromotional Match (Yes, L&K MUST be in it!), and have Rey win when he gives, say Jamie Noble, a West Coast Pop after a 6 Man Tower of Doom that leaves all the other wrestlers out... :clap:

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Bring it back. I love watching the cruiserweights. Hey just look at my BTB. Any way if they bring it back then you will get more cruiserweights airtime. Some of my favourite matches have been put on by cruiserweights. Spike vs Rey vs Chavo vs Kidman at survivor series 05 was a great match and so was the 6 man tornado match at the rumble

vickymania

Reaction score
Rey again as cruiserweight champion?? though the idea is nice,IMO it should go to someone else this time if WWE brings back the title

The Ripper

Reaction score
I think they might bring it back when they call developments stars like Matt Sydal up to the main roster

Switchy

Reaction score
Well with Vickie as SD! GM I can see it coming back and I'm not guessing no specific details but I think it may involve Chavo. I could possibly see Vickie using it to stop Chavo from pestering her or something but I think it will either happen in the next couple of weeks or not until after/at 'Mania.

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
Scrap it. Unless WWE is gonna stop lying about everyone's actual weight, Scrap it.
Replace it with the Hardcore Championship or European Championship.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
^Yeah but then what will happen to the cruiserweight competitors. Also If the hardcore title was bought back instead of the cuiserweight title then Big Daddy V could win the Hardcore title and the WWE would probably let him

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Shannon Moore should have help it.. he is a huge asset to the CW division and is the most worthy.

J

^^Your one of my favs again...Shannon Moore has tremendous skill...and should have already been Cruiserweight champ like 10 times...I'm actually suprised there lettting him compete for tag belt...but yea...Shannon Moore Rulez...

vickymania

Reaction score
wwe still has lot of talent as far as cruiserweight division is concerned..Moore, Noble, Yang, Funaki etc..i loved it when Helms was defending the title at every PPV's against 8-10 guys..

phantomgerald

Just a thought, but maybe the writers realise their cruisers aren't as good as TNA's x div and ROh's cruisers so they gave up?