WWE Cruiserweight Classic Live Finale Discussion Thread: September 14, 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I hope they bring Brian back to the main roster.
As far as I understand it he is signed to start with Raw when the division starts.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Very good show indeed. Can't wait for next week. Goodnight.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That was a good damn emotional match. Top marks all around.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
20160913_CWC_Network_Video_End_VideoSlide--48728f9c65b8e867c868d9b8ba0ff2fe.jpg

Who will win the Cruiserweight Classic?
The biggest tournament of the summer started off with 32 of the world's best cruiserweights. Tonight, Zack Sabre Jr., Gran Metalik, Kota Ibushi and T.J. Perkins square off for the Cruiserweight Classic Trophy and global bragging rights. Who will reign supreme? Find out during the CWC Live Finale, tonight at 9 ET/6 PT, only on WWE Network!

20160907_GlobalCruiserweightSeries_KotaPerkins--53d458e023216e5b613d7a746a25787c.jpg

Kota Ibushi vs. T.J. Perkins (Semifinal Match)
We’re down to the final four competitors in the Cruiserweight Classic as Japan’s Kota Ibushi battles the Philippines’ T.J. Perkins in a must-see Semifinal showdown taking place at the Cruiserweight Classic Live Finale on WWE Network.

Ibushi was labeled as one of the tournament favorites from the get-go and, thus far, has done nothing to diminish that branding. The Golden Star has more than lived up to the hype – he followed up defeating Sean Maluta in a hard-fought First Round matchup with a Second Round victory over Cedric Alexander that will go down as one of the year’s best matches. Then he earned a grueling win over Brian Kendrick in the Quarterfinal Round that left both men emotionally and physically drained.

Though no competitor can expect to be 100 percent at this point in the 32-man tournament, Ibushi certainly has pushed himself to the limit, appearing to be in a great deal of physical pain following his marathon battle against Kendrick. Can Ibushi’s body hold up through what is sure to be another demanding matchup against one of the most well-rounded wrestlers in the world in Perkins?

While others have come close to knocking the renowned Ibushi from the tournament, Perkins has a very real opportunity to pull off the upset. Just don’t tell the flashy Filipino that his potential victory would be an upset. The 18-year veteran is arguably the Cruiserweight Classic’s most self-assured competitor, and why not? He did, after all, triumph over some of the CWC’s most talented wrestlers – Da Mack in the First Round, Johnny Gargano in the Second Round and Rich Swann in the Quarterfinals – by forcing all of them to tap out. Perkins has the experience, counter-wrestling expertise and confidence to knock Ibushi out of the tournament en route to the Finals, but can he put it all together to take out the CWC favorite?

Witness this huge Semifinal matchup on the Cruiserweight Classic Live Finale, tonight at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, only on the award-winning WWE Network.

20160907_GlobalCruiserweightSeries_sabrematalik--82e4d4a5c1938937641a4d473dec9dd8.jpg

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Gran Metalik (Semifinal Match)
An international dream match will take place during the Cruiserweight Classic Live Finale on WWE Network tonight, as England’s Zack Sabre Jr. meets Gran Metalik of Mexico in a CWC Semifinal Match.

Full CWC coverage | Start WWE Network free trial

The WWE Universe could only hope that both of these renowned competitors would make it this far when the brackets were revealed in July, dreaming of the high-octane match that would happen were they to meet. Those big dreams are about to come true.

It will be a true clash of styles when the two stars meet. Sabre, known around the world as The Technical Wizard, entered the CWC to show the world that the highly scientific, mat and submission-based British style of wrestling is superior. On the other hand, Metalik is a speedy, high-flying proponent of lucha libre, the prominent wrestling style in his home country. The masked marvel has put his own on spin on the lucha style, learning to dash across the ring ropes and launch himself at his opposition. That ability earned Metalik the moniker “El Rey de las Cuerdas” – The King of the Ropes.

The road to the Semifinals has not been easy for either competitor. Metalik had to go through Alejandro Saez, Tajiri and Akira Tozawa to make it to the WWE Network live special, while Sabre defeated Tyson Dux, Drew Gulak and his close friend Noam Dar to cement his place in the final four. But only one man can make it out of this match and into the Cruiserweight Classic Final.

Who will move on to compete for the Cruiserweight Classic Trophy, mat maven Zack Sabre Jr., or high flying daredevil Gran Metalik? Find out during the CWC Live Finale, tonight at 9 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, only on WWE Network!

20160907_GlobalCruiserweightSeries_sabrematalik_ibushiperkins--3762938a1b14e676f045ffbc16e4af13.jpg

Cruiserweight Classic Final
The winner of the inaugural WWE Cruiserweight Classic will be crowned tonight, live on WWE Network, after two athletes do battle in the CWC Final.

The victors of the two Semifinal Matches, being held earlier that same night, will have little time to recover before the Final, where they will have to leave it all in the ring if they want to walk out of Full Sail University with the Cruiserweight Classic Trophy. The Semifinal Matches are:

-Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Gran Metalik (PREVIEW)
-Kota Ibushi vs. T.J. Perkins (PREVIEW)

Who will survive this grueling night and earn the right to call himself the best cruiserweight wrestler on the planet? Find out during the CWC Live Finale, tonight at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, only on WWE Network!

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I see the final being TJP and Metalik with TJP coming out on top. Regardless, it should be a great show. I have to work tonight while this is on, but I'll definitely be watching it as soon as I get home.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I won't be able to watch until tonight.

I'm going with TJP to win this.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Turns out I'll be on

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Did Link like your not being here status? :MJ:

Reactions: Crippler

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Did Link like your not being here status? :MJ:
:BROCKLOL:

I was liking them for posting a reply. Andrew also said he thought TJP would would win and I agree.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Probably liked the fact I'm going for TJP yo.