WWE Confirms Hulk Hogan's Return and WrestleMania XXX Role, Vince McMahon Comments

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
How was Bret Hart half assing? Not like a stroke victim can exude lot of personality, not like be was an extrovert to begin with.

Alright alright bad example. I just don't want him to look bored like he doesn't give a shit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Alright alright bad example. I just don't want him to look bored like he doesn't give a shit.

Better example: Christian when he made that appearance at the TNA PPV so WWE could have Ric in the HOF with the Horsemen. He had a reason to not give a shit, but it's still a good example.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
All I want is for Real American's ACTUAL INTRO to play tomorrow night. Don't just start it with the riff... do the whole damn deal! Every bit. No "surprise" entrance... hype it up, or kick the show off with it. Let fans know... play the whole song... do the whole entrance and whatnot... have HIM officially announce he is hosting Mania XXX... and maybe vocally put a guy over.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I totally get where you're coming from when it comes to WWE relying on old draws, but I just can't be negative about this one. Not impressed either, but I know like everyone else in this thread I'm marking out when the music hits. That song is pure, concentrated happiness.

The only reason it could imaginably suck seeing Hogan just once more in a WWE enviornment again is if he stumbles his way out and half asses it like Bret Hart, so I'm thinking "ehh this sicks" by the time he even gets the mic.
Yeah well... I'm not like everyone else in this thread simply because I can act like I've seen it before like everyone else has and it doesn't do anything for me. And after a couple weeks, it won't do anything for anyone else who actively watches wrestling either and they damn well know it.

I'll tell you what... it is fucking AMAZING how "irrelevant" Hogan is these days when he goes to a company like TNA and does absolutely nothing for them, doesn't help their ratings (arguably made them worse), and still gets a lot of credit for destroying WCW with his repetitive schtick. But as soon as he comes back to WWE, everyone just tends to forget all that crap and paints him to be the most prominent figure in the history of sports entertainment, and honestly it makes me fucking sick.

Hulk Hogan is not the future of this company or anyone else's company. He's a figment of 1980's nostalgia and nothing more. And WWE is more focused on nostalgia than anything else these days. You needn't look any further than the perks they offer with their new network which is basically "Have all our new PPV's for practically nothing while you spend 99% of your time and money watching our old shit instead". They knew this network would fail without that "little" extra incentive. Essentially, they know they're yesterday's news, so they market yesterday's news. So forgive me if I don't give a flying fuck about Hogan's return.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Good for you, but you're in the minority here. Hogan + WWE = warm fuzzy feelings tbh.

Reactions: Dale

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Never really been a Hogan fan so can't really say I got excited about the news but this is pretty much the best way for him to return to the company so I don't mind it.