WWE Biggest disappointment of 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about biggest disappointment, but when The Shield surrounded Triple H on the first Smackdown after Wrestlemania (or Extreme Rules, whichever), I was expecting to see HHH actually feud with them and put them over :)haha:), but it didn't happen.

I guess the way they handled Ziggler was pretty disappointing. The double turn at Payback seemed like a fresh start for Ziggler. He was receiving positive reactions from the crowd as well as getting time to actually speak on the mic. But instead of riding that wave of momentum for longer (which could have easily catapulted Ziggler into being one of the top babyfaces on the show, right behind Cena/Bryan/Punk in that order), they squander it away by turning him back into a jobber and refusing to book him in anything relevant. I know one defense of not putting the WHC back on Ziggler in the summer was that they needed a heel to transition the belt onto Cena but it's not like they knew months ahead of time that Cena would be returning early and winning the WHC, so I refuse to accept that as a defense. Ziggler could have still played a bigger part in the feud against the Authority.

WWE sure does know how to fuck up someone's momentum at times. Zack Ryder, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, even Daniel Bryan to an extent.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Since Summerslam, WWE has been a constant disappointment. Thought the RTWM was solid enough, and then between Payback and SS, RAW was gold every week.

The biggest disappointment for me has been how the mid-card titles have been used. Neither the US or the IC title appeared on the Wrestlemania's main card and then we had the two disastrous Ambrose and Axel reigns. WWE couldn't be bothered to create any feuds for them and each week before a PPV, a title match was announced in the same lacklustre pattern. However, Langston could have a decent run now.

Husow

Jobber
Reaction score
Sandow failing to cash in succesfully. Without a doubt

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Heel bad guy ziggler cashing in on good guy rio to get the biggest pop in wwe this year (outside of bryan)

RIo sucks, is boring, and gets more love than Ziggler.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Ziggler not gettin pushed. Eva Maria debuting

Reactions: catlady

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Defnitely the Bryan storyline build up and then just drop off. I was hoping he would be champ for a little while at least

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I don't there one disappointment that has really stood out from the others, there's pretty much just been a lot of minor disappointments through out the year.
A few of those minor disappointments would be the way The handled The Wyatt Family, just about anything involving the World title, Cesaro dropping the U.S title to Kingston, the finish to Night of Champions,and, the way they made Big Show the main focus of the Authority storyline for a short time.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Ziggler, Bryan, Punk vs Ryback, Sandow dropping the MITB, alot. But, there have been alot of great moments this year that kind of balance out the dissapointments.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Ziggler being completely wasted, the Wyatts having a great start but then just were virtually off TV for a month or two, the way the authority storyline went (fizzled out badly, Show getting the spotlight), Rhodes/Sandow feud also didn't end well, probably other stuff is there too but it doesn't come to mind.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I think everything has wound up being disappointing except for the Punk/Lesnar rivalry & match, the Payback PPV and the beginning of the Year of Bryan before they dropped that bowling ball right on their foot.

2013 is the year everything lined up for WWE to do great things and they botch it at every turn.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Most of these have been mentioned...
1. The handling of Daniel Bryan from Summerslam to Hell in a Cell will go down in history as the worst "push" ever, I can't believe they fucked up so bad.
2. Ziggler getting that concusion was more disheartning then disappointing but the way he's been handled since Payback is dismal
3. CM Punk dropping the title to The Rock, I don't care what they were planning, this was the worst.
4. Jim Ross getting fired

That should cover the big ones, there's plenty of small ones that I don't need to mention lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I agree... Them assholes. I guess he says one wrong thing about Randy and gets punished for it!? I am not buying it. He deserves to be at the top. Another great talent going to waste.

SFAeroTaker

Jobber
Reaction score
-Cena becoming champ again. Not that there's anything wrong with Cena, it's just he needs a break from being champion.
-Randy Orton becoming champ at all
-Bryan screwed out of the title
-Eva Marie's debut. She's definitely not the brightest bulb in the lamp...
-The Shield becoming champions
I'm probably forgetting a lot more.