WWE Best Matches of 2016 (so far)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE: Best Match of 2016?

• Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar (Fast Lane)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HHH vs Dean Ambrose (Roadblock)

• Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens (Royal Rumble)

• Total voters

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
There are a couple matches I think I'd add still just personally, but it's apples and oranges at this point with the overall level of match quality in WWE. Compare a week of Raw today from any week of Raw back in the attitude era, 97-98. The card is much more filled out today.

Anyway long story short, Shinsuke and Sami melted my brain out there. Right match at the right time for the right crowd

Reactions: Snowman1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I gotta give a shout out to the royal rumble this year. Watching triple h win the match by throwing reigns out and then eliminating Dean was amazing. I laughed so hard, even though I knew he was going to lose it to Roman.

• Haha
Reactions: SWAGSUKE

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I gotta give a shout out to the royal rumble this year. Watching triple h win the match by throwing reigns out and then eliminating Dean was amazing. I laughed so hard, even though I knew he was going to lose it to Roman.

Dude ask my wife how loud I got for that Rumble. I FLIPPED OUT marking for that. Triple H hahahahaa oh man. I was so happy. So happy. A lot of profanity being yelled in Roman's direction from me hahaha. Kliq still runs wrestling, son.

Reactions: edge4ever

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Nak/Zayn is number one for atmosphere, but I think the AJ/Reigns series were better matches. AJ did a pretty amazing job at selling Reigns as the ace.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Nak/Zayn is number one for atmosphere, but I think the AJ/Reigns series were better matches. AJ did a pretty amazing job at selling Reigns as the ace.
Not sure about that, because people still booed him pretty bad. He did as good as he could do.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I think we can add Zayn/Owens at Battleground to this, and maybe Charlotte/Banks from Raw 07/25.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It may not be the best match of the year but I'm going with Becky/Charlotte/Sasha. I loved that match, it was the first time ever that the womens division has felt like a big deal. They went on after Lesnar and got more time than him I think. They got a pre match promo, they got big entrances, they got a big moment and it was awesome. Also helps that it was by far match of the night.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It may not be the best match of the year but I'm going with Becky/Charlotte/Sasha. I loved that match, it was the first time ever that the womens division has felt like a big deal. They went on after Lesnar and got more time than him I think. They got a pre match promo, they got big entrances, they got a big moment and it was awesome. Also helps that it was by far match of the night.

Yeah. The women's title match was MOTN at WM. Loved it.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
talking overall zayn/nakamura for sure. that got emotions out of me that i've never had before. but if we're talking strictly wwe, the 4-way from extreme rules deserves a shout. just a beautiful match with perfectly timed false finishes that had me invested 100% throughout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
We can add Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa to that list.

****1/2

Reactions: Shinsuke Rollins

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
reigns vs the fans

at the end of the day we won lads. made me realie one thing. were not dead yet