WWE Auctions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
How is it creepy? Sports teams and celebrities have been doing things like this for a long long time. Fans will fight tooth and nail for something that has been used by said celeb, since it increases its supposed value.

Its pretty darn normal.

It is weird to me! I wouldn't want something that someone else, a complete stranger mind you, wore. I don't care if it is a shirt, a hoodie or even a hat. That grosses me out. lol

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I guess I am the odd man out :okay:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It is weird to me! I wouldn't want something that someone else, a complete stranger mind you, wore. I don't care if it is a shirt, a hoodie or even a hat. That grosses me out. lol
So that means that second hand/thrift shopping is weird as well then? Or hand me downs?

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
So that means that second hand/thrift shopping is weird as well then? Or hand me downs?

Nooo I meant that the people who will pay a HUGE amount of money to have clothing someone wore and then, without washing it, they wear it. That is what creeps me out. lol

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Nooo I meant that the people who will pay a HUGE amount of money to have clothing someone wore and then, without washing it, they wear it. That is what creeps me out. lol
People don't wear collectors items. Because them wearing them themselves devalues them. They buy them because they are in a "mint condition" (Like when the original wearer wore it). Thus them using it would be devaluing it since you could risk wear and tare. Most probably just store them in a closet or if its a jersey put it on the wall to say "Look at this, Tim Tebow's jersey" to friends.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
People don't wear collectors items. Because them wearing them themselves devalues them. They buy them because they are in a "mint condition" (Like when the original wearer wore it). Thus them using it would be devaluing it since you could risk wear and tare. Most probably just store them in a closet or if its a jersey put it on the wall to say "Look at this, Tim Tebow's jersey" to friends.

I still don't understand taking something and adding value to it because a person who is well known wore it. To me, that is insane. lol I don't even understand the whole autograph thing. Like paying for signed objects. I would rather have a picture with a wrestler then a signed/worn shirt. I know I am likely going to be viewed weird for that... But I think you people are weird! WEIRD! :angry:

:haha: jk <3 u all

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I still don't understand taking something and adding value to it because a person who is well known wore it. To me, that is insane. lol I don't even understand the whole autograph thing. Like paying for signed objects. I would rather have a picture with a wrestler then a signed/worn shirt. I know I am likely going to be viewed weird for that... But I think you people are weird! WEIRD! :angry:

:haha: jk <3 u all

Same. Never understood celebrity worship at all. Well, I understand looking up to someone (who may be a celebrity) or finding them interesting, etc. But I don't get the whole "worship" bullshit ... "I MUST GET IN LINE AND FANGIRL WOOOOO" "SIGN MY EAR!!!!" "MUST BUY HIS USED CONDOMS!!!"

Reactions: catlady

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Same. Never understood celebrity worship at all. Well, I understand looking up to someone (who may be a celebrity) or finding them interesting, etc. But I don't get the whole "worship" bullshit ... "I MUST GET IN LINE AND FANGIRL WOOOOO" "SIGN MY EAR!!!!" "MUST BUY HIS USED CONDOMS!!!"

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way! HIGH FIVE ME! :win:

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I don't understand highfives either, so no :pity2: :gtfo: :stfu:

:pipebomb:

You no likey me... :okay: :sad: :downer:

:alone:

HA! :neveralone::finger::finger::finger::awyeah: