WWE attempting to court Giulia

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Just using this for now since PWInsider is on its ass right now​

EXCLUSIVE: WWE SEEKING TO SIGN CURRENT NEW JAPAN CHAMPION​

By Mike Johnson on 2023-11-06 11:49:00

There is massive WWE interest in a major international star, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Sources in Japan have confirmed WWE is attempting to court current New Japan Strong Women's Champion Giulia, 29, hoping to sign her to the company. A member of current defending Artist of Stardom Champions Donna del Mondo, Giulia first debuted for the Ice Ribbon promotion back in 2017 after training under Mio Shirai.

Giulia debuted for World Wonder Stardom in 2019, announced at the time as signing with the promotion. She has been one of the centerpiece talents for the promotion, having captured the World of Stardom Championship, the Wonder of Stardom title and the Goddess of Stardom Championship. As noted, she is a member of Donna del Mondo with Thekla and Mai Sakura. She and Thekla are currently competing in the Goddess of Stardom Tag League.

Beyond her incredible in-ring work, Giulia has an absolutely amazing level of charisma and poise, so it's a no-brainer that WWE would want her. To state losing her would be a massive blow to STARDOM is an understatement.

One source stated that talks are far enough long that Giulia is expected at the WWE Performance Center sometime this month.

STARDOM, like New Japan Pro Wrestling, is owned by Bushiroad, which has set the stage for Giulia making several appearances for New Japan Pro Wrestling,including winning the New Japan Strong Women's Championship. Giulia became the second champion after defeating Willow Nightingale. Earlier this year, she worked the Multiverse United 2 event promoted by NJPW and Impact Wrestling in Philadelphia. She just defeated Hyan at last week's New Japan Strong event in Las Vegas and worked for STARDOM earlier this week.

The long held belief was that once Mercedes Mone returned from injury, Giulia's title win would have set the stage for a showdown between the two, but whether that match gets to take place under a New Japan banner remains to be seen.

More as PWInsider.com confirms.​

Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It was only a matter of time

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I guess that's why the match wit Mercedes was not booked - Meltzer was talking about that a few days ago and everyone was thinking it was because of Mercedes not being booked

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
great acquisition though for sure.

Gotta ask with all these talent being brought in - when is it going to become "bloated" and what does it mean for other stars coming up on contract years. At one point they will not be enough tv time for everyone to be a top star.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
STAY

THE FUCK

AWAY

FROM

GIULIA!

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
STAY

THE FUCK

AWAY

FROM

GIULIA!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Giulia vs. Jade Cargill when.

• Wow
Reactions: Butters

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
great acquisition though for sure.

Gotta ask with all these talent being brought in - when is it going to become "bloated" and what does it mean for other stars coming up on contract years. At one point they will not be enough tv time for everyone to be a top star.
"At one point"

giggle-laugh.gif

• Sad
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
After Kairi’s return and the scuttlebutt about this new faction the timing seems right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
According to someone on Reddit, Meltzer is saying she is under contract until March and is booked through then so this could still be a ways off yet.

Would be nice to get more of an explanation on the due at the PC thing though.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
contracts seem to be weird in Japan where workers are allowed to negotiate during their current deals - same thing happened with Kairi

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
“Giulia is under contract through March. While under contract she can't go to the PC without Bushiroad's approval I was told and her schedule is booked solid in Japan until going to San Jose in January."

As far as March goes, she has the same three options as everyone whose contract expires does."​

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Honestly with Bushiroad they might throw out one of the biggest deals they could ever give to keep her from WWE or AEW especially now with this news. I've never been a fan of Giulia whether when she was with Ice Ribbon or Stardom but she is a damn good Wrestler and she does have a ton of Charisma. It should be interesting if she leaves Stardom which has treated her like a Mega Star since her debut with Stardom with the possilbity of not being no where near treated like that with WWE.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Taken from user Canarchyst on Reddit​

This is a transcript from the video where Jushin Thunder Liger talks about a few topics with Giulia. This video has been posted 2 years ago on June 6th 2021. Giulia just had her hair buzzed-off after her rivalry with Tam Nakano. The link of the video is at the bottom of this post.

"A question from Liger to Giulia

Liger : "You've been wrestling here for a bit over three years, and are getting viewed as kind of a veteran. That's what you said. I get the feeling that a wrestler of your talents isn't going to remain in Japan.

Right now [in june 2021], promotions like WWE are investing a lot in women's wrestling. Japanese wrestlers have gone over there. Because of that, I'm sure that they will reach out to you. When they do, I'm curious what your initial thoughts will be."

[...]

Giulia : "A lot of people around me have said: "You're going overseas someday, right?". That's what I hear.

But as for my future, I don't know what will happen, or how I'm going to feel then. So I can't say for certain that going overseas is a goal for me. That would be fine, but there's another thing I'd like to do. Women's wrestling, compared to when Zenjo (AJPW) was at its peak, isn't really reaching people in Japan these days."

Liger : "Because it's not on TV in prime time, right ?"

Giulia : "So going overseas to bloom and become a big star, that sounds like a dream. But being in Japan, on TV, or just walking around and having people flip out about seeing wrestlers taking women's wrestling and making it popular in Japan, that sounds like a dream too. I don't know yet."

Liger : "I think they'll definitely contact you. In the past, I appeared in-ring for WWE. I came back, and there was something I told the locker room: "You guys should study English", I said.

Say there are two similarly skilled wrestlers, but one speaks English and the other doesn't, the one who can speak English with proper pronunciation is the one who'll get booked. So I told them they should study English. After that, someone from the office called and got angry with me : "Don't stir things up".

You're definitely going to get contacted. Sorry to say this to Stardom, but if you get that kind of offer, I think you should try going overseas. After all, you can return to Stardom as the global star Giulia."

The end of the conversation is Liger teasing her that she's already been contacted and going overseas in just a few months.

A really interesting interview that you should watch at the link below.

Source :