WWE announces 2 day tournament to crown UK Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I would worry less about Japan and Mexico. Scenes there are older and stronger than the UK. And theres also pretty big language barriers that WWE have to consider worth bridging. Especially in Japan. And the Japanese loyalty thing

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I would worry less about Japan and Mexico. Scenes there are older and stronger than the UK. And theres also pretty big language barriers that WWE have to consider worth bridging. Especially in Japan. And the Japanese loyalty thing
Yeah I don't see WWE taking over Japan or Mexico as easily. Hell, I don't even think they'll take over the U.K. at the end of the day.

Reactions: Geek773

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
That title looks nice. And it's nice that they're doing a tournament to crown the UK champion.

But, I don't get UK talent accepting that kind of deal. Seems dumb.
Exposure, exposure, exposure. Either they get to go to WWE, make it and make big money, or they get increased fame to take to indy bookings.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Exposure, exposure, exposure. Either they get to go to WWE, make it and make big money, or they get increased fame to take to indy bookings.

Meh, I wouldn't have accepted that kind of deal if I were them. :henry2:

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
What does exposer mean if this kills the Indy scene in the UK?
For those wrestlers as individuals? A lot. May not be the best thing for the whole scene, even if it's only because of WWE tying up people and stopping them wrestling.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
MAJOR UPDATE (OP Edit @Stopspot?)

Timestamped link:

For the anti-WhatCulture hipsters: William Regal says there will be no restrictions on any of the talent involved in the tournament in terms of who they can work for. Hooray!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hmm, good for the international branch.. I'd like to see more UK/WWE involvement. Characters like Wade were a solid addition to the mix and would like to see more of them, well actually I would like Mr. Bad News back himself but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Stopspot

Reaction score
MAJOR UPDATE (OP Edit @Stopspot?)

Timestamped link:

For the anti-WhatCulture hipsters: William Regal says there will be no restrictions on any of the talent involved in the tournament in terms of who they can work for. Hooray!

That's what is being said by the office. Completely different thing what is actually being said to talent. These deals mean that WWE gets to say yes or no to where these guys work when they take non WWE bookings it seems. If WWE feels nice, that means they can work just about anywhere. If WWE decides to not play nice they can say no

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
This will either help the U.K independent scene or completely hinder it and kill it.
This will not help the independents in the UK. WWE is finding a foothold to be in the UK, and have a strong presence and influence. They can blacklist any promotion they want, and the under-paid talent that will flock to the WWE, will comply.

This title just seems useless, as well as the tournament. Cool design, though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So are they going to be passing around the title during like random monthly/weekly events.. or is the title just a one time only thing?

Stopspot

Reaction score
So are they going to be passing around the title during like random monthly/weekly events.. or is the title just a one time only thing?
Triple H has said in an interview that the end goal is a weekly show, which I assume will have the title at its center. How far away this end goal is who knows

Reactions: Geek773