WWE and Steve Austin

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
WWE sources have indicated to PWInsider.com that despite any public denials, there are indeed continued issues between WWE and WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin.
Sources indicate that after Wrestlemania week, WWE legal sent a cease and desist letter to www.ProWrestlingTees.com regarding material they sell for Steve Austin in their official store for him. ProWrestlingTees.com (who, as a matter of full disclosure, are an advertiser with us) did not return repeated attempts to get comment, but it appears a number of Austin-related items that were for sale have been yanked. If you want to see what is still being sold, click here.

It would also appear that John Cena using a variation on the Stone Cold Stunner might be a way to try and infuriate Austin. Austin as well as former WWE Creative team member turned documentary filmmaker Chris Bell and his brother Mark ("Bigger, Stronger, Faster") referred to the move as "gimmick infringement" on a recent edition of Austin's podcast while Austin broke down why the move shouldn't be used in the manner Cena was using it.

As we broke on PWInsider.com over the course of Wrestlemania week, a breakdown between the two sides led to Austin not attending Wrestlemania weekend. Sources indicate WWE had a flight booked for Austin, but Austin didn't check in and get on the flight. We are told that Austin turning down the new season of "Tough Enough" was a major factor in the current issues. Austin has stated on his podcast he turned it down due to scheduling issues with his CMT reality series responsibilities.
PWInsider

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Cena should start saying "Cena 3:16 says I just stole your move" if they really want to infuriate Austin. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I love how wwe and Austin are both like children. It's sad wwe is having cena use the stunner to piss off Austin and it's even sadder that it worked.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Austin was just joking when he said "gimmick infringement" about the Stunner. If people would listen to the podcast, the only problem he has with it is that it is a set up move instead of a finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk