WWE Aiming towards kids is a bit boring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

I think it lies more in the fact that it's really so far from Cena's gimmick now. He called it the FU to piss of Brock Lesnar whos finisher was the F5. Those were the days where he'd tell people to choke on his nuts. He's all about respect...and being a soldier.... I don't think soldiers usually tell people to choke on their nuts...lol

MikeRaw

I don't think Travis's proble lies on the fact of WWE going family friendly or not, but more on the fact that everything that happens in WWE that people don't like, they assume is because of WWE being PG.

His example is great. Who in the hell says changing the name of Cena's finisher was because of WWE being PG? Nobody, but that doesn't stop people from making 3 threads about how WWE sucks for changing Cena's FU name because of going PG.

It makes more sense that the change is a result of going PG than them just sitting around one day and going "Hey John, you should change it to the Attitude Adjuster".
Which seems more likely?
Im going with the PG idea. It's far more likely.
Also, for weeks leading up to the actual name change, Cena had begun to not use the fu as much anyways. That seems like they had got him to stop using it alot for the most part until they came up with a new name for it, which is why he used other moves quite a bit until it became The Attitude Adjuster.
I still think they got him to change the naem as a result of going PG. It makes sense. If they're trying to market to kids, they can't have a name like that (well they can, but in wwe's mind they can't) so they change it. Seems likely.

I think it lies more in the fact that it's really so far from Cena's gimmick now. He called it the FU to piss of Brock Lesnar whos finisher was the F5. Those were the days where he'd tell people to choke on his nuts. He's all about respect...and being a soldier.... I don't think soldiers usually tell people to choke on their nuts...lol
Ya, but the whole reason he is becoming this charcter about respect and all that (alot more lately than ever before) is because of the whole PG thing.

You say that they changed the name because of his gimmick of respect and all tha, right?
Ya, that's true, but his whole gimmick is a result of them wanting him to continue to be family-friendly.

Moonlight Drive

The Attitude Era would've been shat upon if it went for any longer imo.

Also, it isn't all directed at kids. It's family entertainment, but each character has a different audience. For example, look at Orton. I hardly think running around like a maniac and kicking your boss in the head is something they want to direct towards kids. He's more for the male teen-young adult audience.

The Rated R CMStar

It makes more sense that the change is a result of going PG than them just sitting around one day and going "Hey John, you should change it to the Attitude Adjuster".
Which seems more likely?
Im going with the PG idea. It's far more likely.
Also, for weeks leading up to the actual name change, Cena had begun to not use the fu as much anyways. That seems like they had got him to stop using it alot for the most part until they came up with a new name for it, which is why he used other moves quite a bit until it became The Attitude Adjuster.
I still think they got him to change the naem as a result of going PG. It makes sense. If they're trying to market to kids, they can't have a name like that (well they can, but in wwe's mind they can't) so they change it. Seems likely

Does it see likely? Yes.

But again, we're speculating in here. As obvious as it seems, it's pure especulation (that's where Travis is coming from)

Ya, but the whole reason he is becoming this charcter about respect and all that (alot more lately than ever before) is because of the whole PG thing.

You say that they changed the name because of his gimmick of respect and all tha, right?
Ya, that's true, but his whole gimmick is a result of them wanting him to continue to be family-friendly.

Cena as a rapper didn't exactly scream "THE MAN" in WWE. Sure, it got him to the main event, but WWE wanted him as the man, and with that gimmick, let's be honest,he wasnt going to be able to do so.

I think his gimmick change comes from that, not from WWE going PG.

noumenon

I hate to sound like the buzz kill in here... but I think we're all right on this one.
WWE has stated they want to be more family friendly, clean entertainment. They cut out a lot of the divas sleaze, the profanity and a few other things.
But as said, they still do have guys aimed at an older audience. Orton? An enraged guy who hears voices and tries to kick people's heads off?
Edge? Sex and violence...It's easy bein sleazy...
Sure, there aren't at many gritty, RAW characters as there used to be. People aren't shining things up and turning them sideways. But I definately wouldn't call WWE a "childrens" show by any means. I'm 23 years old, believe me, if I were watching a childrens show I would know.

MikeRaw

Cena as a rapper didn't exactly scream "THE MAN" in WWE. Sure, it got him to the main event, but WWE wanted him as the man, and with that gimmick, let's be honest,he wasnt going to be able to do so.

I think his gimmick change comes from that, not from WWE going PG.

No no, I don't mean as a rapper. I mean even just how he was in 2005, was clearly more directed towards older people. You can't deny he's made to bbe marketed to kids now.

Like I said though, that doesn't mean I have a problem with it, I'm, just not denying it.

LKP

I saw this about cena on an internet site so i thought id post it just cause we touched on it in this thread of mine.

Cena also admits that his finisher's name was changed due to WWE attracting so many children now. Cena said: "It was totally my call. It's actually Attitude Adjustment. I realize that our audience has changed now and when I look out past the ring now I see so many children. Originally the FU was a pun in response to Brock Lesner's move, he used to wrestle in the WWE. I never really called it that. It's something I said once and the announcers picked it up. I know that kids are watching my every move and there are a lot of parents know their kids look up to me and I know a lot of people watch our program with closed eyes and I kind of live by the motto -- "Hustle Loyalty Respect." If someone is out of line, I think instead of giving them an FU, it's better to give them an attitude adjustment."

Travis40

I would just want to say:

Blood won't make a match better, in fact, most of the times, the blading is unrealistic and does nothing for the match

Yeah, if you have to blade to get over, you're probably not a very good worker, and can't keep the crowd into a match.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
This is why, I dont like wwe that much anymore is kinda gay, cena right now is the biggest pussy I ever seen, I cant stand the guy everytime he's talking, It just make me piss, I really hate the guy and I used to be a cena fan. I miss stone cold and the 2003-2005 cena and the rock.