WWE: A New Era

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin

Reaction score

(Readers I have decided to try a new style for this weeks show, please feel free to give me feedback on it, which format you prefered, last weeks or this weeks and if this should be used in future)

Home > TV Shows > Raw > Results > April 07, 2008

7495234.jpg

Results:
Jericho Overcomes the Odds

By: Lethal Combination
April 7, 2008

untitled.jpg

ALBANY, N.Y. – Chris Jericho was able to overcome the odds 2 weeks in a row, thus getting a shot at Randy Orton’s WWE Championship at Backlash in just under 3 weeks. Last week Y2J defeated Triple H with bizarre help from John Bradshaw Layfield, this week help wasn’t at helm. But Jericho pulled out the stops and was able to defeat John Cena and Shawn Michaels to get a shot.

Live on Pay-Per-View on April 27, Randy Orton and Chris Jericho will go one-on-one, with Y2J looking to add the WWE Championship to his waist, for the first time in 6 years. But as Orton said earlier on that night: “it doesn’t matter who I end up with at Backlash, The Age of Orton will continue, no matter what anyone thinks.â€

What will happen when these two Superstars collide at Backlash? Will Chris Jericho regain the WWE Championship to make him a Double Champion? Or will Randy Orton live up his words and retain the WWE Championship against Jericho for the second time in 5 months?

Priceless?
For the second week in a row the World Tag-Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly have lost in Singles Competition. However due to the fat that when they went to finish off the match, music started to play with a man singing “Pricelessâ€. It was to Paul London and Brian Kendrick’s fortune, as after the match Raw General Manager William Regal announced that next week the two teams would go against each other. If London and Kendrick win they get a Title Shot at Backlash. (WATCH)

Layfield Cowers Out
This week William Regal made a match which involved Umaga taking on rivals Triple H and JBL, the stipulation was that if Triple H and JBL won they would go one-on-one at Backlash. But the coward Layfield thought otherwise and got the team counted out. Triple H had hit Umaga with a Spine buster and looked to finish the match, when JBL got a blind tag and ran up to the stage, encoring the countout. (WATCH)

Diva Mystery
Santino Marella was caught vandalizing the Diva’s Locker Room last week on Raw, this week the Divas sought for revenge, interrupting Marella’s match with Charlie Haas. When Marella saw the Divas make their way down the entrance ramp he quickly made an exit through the crowd. As far as the Divas are concerned this issue is far from over.

Matches
Brian Kendrick bt. Hardcore Holly
Charlie Haas bt. Santino Marella via Countout
Umaga bt. Triple H and JBL via Countout
Chris Jericho bt. John Cena and Shawn Michaels to get a shot at the WWE Championship

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
if this is what you called a show, I think it's a good idea for like a refresher or preview, but it's not so good as a weekly thing. There really isn't anything to build to the PPV, and that's what's most important. Even if you just have promos, that would be better. But if you have problems and are short on time, I guess this will work for you.

McLovin

Reaction score
***BREAKING NEWS*** Ok here's the deal. I haven't heard from Richard Flair (Smackdown Writer) in a few weeks and don't know if he is still on board with this BTB. before we started he said he'd keep contact every week, but he hasn't. Also my brother Anthony is still having trouble with his Laptop so I'm sorry to say this BTB is over! I know I know first time ever right? :tomato: So anyway I plan to start again and this time it really is make or break. **BREAKING NEWS***

Evil Austin

well sad to hear I think its not so good with partners my partners never lasted too long either - the longest to my memory was a while ago with Nate757 from RR - well somewhere from RR between RR and NWO.. but still I think having three partners is just really having to much faith in all of them if one doesn't work out- Its better to go alone if you ask me and good luck, hopefully you think about what you will do next instead of just starting a thread tomorow think about what time period is good for you think about it and really with you all the best in the future...

And you also know where my thread is if you want to check it out- (cries, im dying in there i posted nearly three times in a row no one is over there)