WWE 2k15 delay for Current Gen Consoles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The 2015 version of the WWE 2K games that was slated to release on October 28th of this year has been officially delayed.. since it has to keep along a timeline the delay isn't too long and it will only affect the current generation systems; PS4/X-Box One.. The new release date after the delay is November 18th, which is a 3 week delay..

"The additional development time enables our talented teams to ensure the WWE 2K15 next-gen experience fully meets our expectations," Greg Thomas, the president of 2K Sports in-house developer Visual Concepts, said in the statement. This is the series' debut on PS4 and Xbox One.
2K Sports has not given any specific reasoning/details behind the delay other than what Thomas had stated (above this statement).. Given that the delay is only 3 weeks I would imagine there wasn't really that many HUGE issues, probably just a couple of kinks that needed to be worked out.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
God dammit, messed up my whole gaming schedule. Now, I gotta play Far Cry 4, LittleBigPlanet3, and WWE 2K15 in rotation and switch out Advanced Warfare every now and then.

FUCCCK.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
God dammit, messed up my whole gaming schedule. Now, I gotta play Far Cry 4, LittleBigPlanet3, and WWE 2K15 in rotation and switch out Advanced Warfare every now and then.

FUCCCK.

I don't think I'm going to get Advanced Warfare.. I'm really pissed Zombies didn't come back this year.. Treyarch better be fucking an amazing Zombies mode for this new generation for next year's game.. personally I think they should release a second game this year and remaster all the previous Zombie maps for the current generation systems and release that as just a whole game in its own.. I'd pay $60 for sure.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Take this as great news myself as it means to me lots of extra content, features and new ideas only possible on next gen.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Take this as great news myself as it means to me lots of extra content, features and new ideas only possible on next gen.
Hopefully it doesn't end up a watered down shell version of the last generation version.. NHL 15 is exactly that on the X-Box One.. I think it'll be alright I heard they just had a few kinks to work out, it doesn't really seem like they are trying to add anything from what I've gathered but that could be possible.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully it doesn't end up a watered down shell version of the last generation version.. NHL 15 is exactly that on the X-Box One.. I think it'll be alright I heard they just had a few kinks to work out, it doesn't really seem like they are trying to add anything from what I've gathered but that could be possible.
Fair enough I presumed it's be content and a few fixes, tweaks for the extra mode it had over last gen.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Fair enough I presumed it's be content and a few fixes, tweaks for the extra mode it had over last gen.
What I've seen is that most times when companies say "We wanted to make sure blah blah blah" it's a case of just fixing up the bugs and such, but that doesn't mean it wont be buggy at release though, sadly.

NBA 2k14 early adopters on the X1 and PS4 will remember the annoying days when servers were offline and you couldn't play career mode that you had started (because it is connected to the server).

Let's hope WWE 2k15 is free of that, not a very good chance, but there is hope :p

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Okay so they didn't release much detail but they stated that they had to delay it 3 weeks to give the current generation (X1 & PS4) a better release as far as features go.. now this is most likely due to them trying to figure out how to give us the best experience possible in regards to available features.. So far Madden and NHL 15 are watered down in comparison to their previous generation versions.. I don't like that one bit.. If 2K can give us all the same features while having somewhat noticeably better graphics I'm cool with the delay.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I myself am not even sure I'm getting the game but it's better to delay it to come out with something less glitchy then what they did with previous ones.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I won't be getting it (don't have PS3/X360/Xbone/PS4) but I'd assume it's a good delay to get it running perfectly and without glitches on the current gen consoles, and have the chance to slightly update the roster (cough cough Punk? cough cough).

Yukarin

Jobber
Reaction score
Apparently it's coming to PC as well according to rumors, so I'll be getting this after all. Wouldn't have had the heart to buy it for last gen system when there's a next gen version out.