WWE 24/7 removes Benoit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
They should, WWE is just trying to stay away from contraversy because if they keep all the Benoit stuff some idiots are gonna be like "WWE Supports killers!". However, while WWE can pretend Benoit never had anything to do with them, the memories of Benoit's great career will never go away...

...but it has been tarnished by Benoit because he killed his wife and son so, I think this is the right decision, just move on from the Benoit thing because he doesnt deserve a tribute or anything actually. Sorry Benoit marks but Chris Benoit is a bastard killer who should be erased from WWE.com once and for all

edge&christian4ever

Reaction score
I agree with erasing him but it is almost impossible to he was in so many PPVs for the WWE and WCW almost all WWE and WCW wrestling the last 15 or so years haas him in it.

The A-man

Reaction score
Well, they can erase Benoit from all their files, movies, tapes, website, and whatever...but they can't erase all the memories, dreams, actions, and times that he left behind. They should've caught onto that by now.

xtremebadass

Listen, he was going to be one of the greatest, most respected legends of all time, but he threw it all away to kill his family. If he didn't care about his career and legacy why should WWE?

Fatal 55

Reaction score
^^^ nicely said baddass...

So that's why i firmly belive that after the news is done & dusted you'll never see a mention of Chris Benoit on WWE.com again

This Guy

I agre with whats being said here, but I doubt it will be a complete elimination of Benoit from there video library. They will show PPV's that he wasn't a part of, shows he wasn't on, for the Monday Night Wars show they may edit out his interviews/matches etc from Nitro, but it probably won't be for good, at least not on everything.

I'm actually waiting to see what they do about the the Vengence Night of Champions DVD release. Are they going to dub over the crowd during the ECW Title match? Will they cut out the announcement of Benoit not being there? Will they just leave the match off the DVD all together?

Beer Money Army

ahh wellz i got got basicvally every thing benoit done in the last 15 yrs and if i wanna watch benoit i can just watch it from there...

its funny tho they have wrestlemnia 20 listed on there shopzone and it says HHH Vs HBk for world championship..... HMMM i wonder whos going win this match??? lol

get_brunk

Reaction score
Well, they can erase Benoit from all their files, movies, tapes, website, and whatever...but they can't erase all the memories, dreams, actions, and times that he left behind. They should've caught onto that by now.

I don't think the WWE is trying to erase memories, dreams, actions, and times he left behind. They're purging any mention of him to A) try to disassociate themselves from the senseless tragedy he was responsible for and B) trying to give the fans, who can't seem to separate the man/his final actions and still speaking glowingly of him, nothing to talk about with regards to Benoit.

Reaction score
Im just being over-reacting here. But I cant stand that WWE is erasing Benoit etc from history, basically. We didnt even get a fucking tribute show here in Aus, instead we got stuck with some stupid ass shit with McMahon at the start, and lots of matches.

I know Im just being a big Benoit-fan at this time, but I dont like it. What about SCSA? Didnt he beat his wife at some point? Threaten her? Do they support that? Using drugs etc? Where's this 'line' WWE doesnt wanna cross?

3lions

Reaction score
lol yehh murder seems to be a 'no no' in most people's eyes ...

3lions

Reaction score
Maybe they didn't like what Benoit did (you know, killing his family and all), one bit.