WWE 2024: Estoy Aburrido

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
1343b52b-f5cb-457e-8bdc-cf6269eb67e6_thumb.jpg

Hi, yup. It's me. You'll never get rid of me truly.

I'm bored. I have some more time on my hands this summer I think. I don't really care about pace. So, we're gonna have fun.

Roster posts coming and stuff. Just wanted to put my foot in the ground again.​

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
Right so here we go.

Here are my rules and stipulations for what to expect in this thread:

~ This is all recaps until I decide to get out of my comfort zone.
~ NXT will be included and will be in a short recap style.
~ Take it or leave it, but there won't be any Saudi shows here. That agreement has just never existed in my universe. I didn't before, and I have no use for it. But the shows will still happen... just different names and locations on the board.
~ Because of the bozo who was in talent relations before they made a change, there will be expiring contracts. Certain people may appear..., and then you may stop seeing them. I took a gamble with something last time but never got it right to set up for the second act. But for better or worse, I'm not afraid to be bold.
~ Conversely, switches on the other end will happen as well. Given that I might be bold and decide on certain people departing, retiring, etc., I'm allowing myself two AEW wrestlers to come over who would, under most circumstances, come over. One is going to be pretty obvious.
~ To that end Mercedes is AEW's to handle. Unless I decide to CM Punk her and bring her back for a Four Horsewomen reunion, she will stay on that side of the tracks.
~ The Wyatt Sicks are coming... Just give me time to think it over.
~ Certain things that have happened IRL are likely to happen here (e.g., the Tongans, Jacob Fatu, certain first-week stuff) because there are only so many ways to book things like title ceremonies and whatever else, and because certain timelines will remain the same. Why make this worse for myself?
~ Bayley will be Forever Champion. Kidding. Maybe not. You will never know, no matter what!

Monday Night Raw

General Manager Adam Pearce
Play-by-Play Man Michael Cole
Color Commentator Pat McAfee
Ring Announcer Samantha Irvin
Backstage Interviewer Cathy Kelley
Backstage Interviewer Jackie Redmond

World Heavyweight Champion Damian Priest
Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley
Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn
World Tag Team Champions Awesome Truth

Akira Tozawa
Andrade
Apollo Crews
Becky Lynch
Braun Strowman (inactive)
Bronson Reed
Brutus Creed
Candice LeRae
Chad Gable
Chelsea Green
CM Punk (inactive)
Damian Priest
Dexter Lumis (off TV)
"Dirty" Dominik Mysterio
Drew McIntyre
Erik (inactive)
Finn Balor
Giovanni Vinci
Gunther
Indi Hartwell
Ivar
Ivy Nile
JD McDonagh
Jey Uso
Johnny Gargano
Julius Creed
Katana Chance
Kayden Carter
Kofi Kingston
Liv Morgan
Ludwig Kaiser
Maxxine Dupri
The Miz
Natalya
Nia Jax
Nikki Cross (off TV)
Odyssey Jones
Otis
Rhea Ripley
Piper Niven
Ricochet
R-Truth
Sami Zayn
Seth "Freakin" Rollins (inactive)
Shayna Baszler
Shinsuke Nakamura
Sonya Deville
Tegan Nox
Tommaso Ciampa
Trish Stratus
Valhalla
Xavier Woods
Zoey Stark

---

Friday Night Smackdown

General Manager Nick Aldis
Play-By-Play Man Corey Graves
Color Commentator Wade Barrett
Ring Announcer Mike Rome

Backstage Interviewer Byron Saxton
Backstage Interviewer Kayla Braxton

Undisputed WWE Champion Cody Rhodes
WWE Women's Champion Bayley
United States Champion Logan Paul
WWE Tag Team Champions A-Town Down Under
Women's Tag Team Champions The Kabuki Warriors

AJ Styles
Akam
Alba Fyre
Angel
Angelo Dawkins
Ashante Thee Adonis
Asuka
Austin Theory
B-Fab
Bayley
Berto
Bianca Belair
Bobby Lashley
Bron Breakker
Cameron Grimes
Carlito
Cedric Alexander
Charlotte Flair (inactive)
Cody Rhodes
Cruz Del Toro
Dakota Kai
Dragon Lee
Elektra Lopez
Elton Prince
Grayson Waller
Isla Dawn
Iyo Sky

Jade Cargill
Jimmy Uso
Joaquin Wilde
Kairi Sane
Karl Anderson
Karrion Kross
Kevin Owens
Kit Wilson
LA Knight
Logan Paul
Luke Gallows
Montez Ford
Michin
Naomi
Pete Dunne
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Rezar
The Rock
Roman Reigns
Santos Escobar
Scarlett
Sheamus

Solo Sikoa
Shotzi
Tamina
Tiffany Stratton
Tyler Bate
Zelina Vega

---

NXT

General Manager Ava
Play-By-Play Man Vic Joseph
Color Commentator Booker T
Ring Announcer Alicia Taylor
Backstage Interviewer McKenzie Mitchell
Backstage Interviewer Kelly Kincaid

Adrianna Rizzo
Andre Chase
Arianna Grace
Axiom
Baron Corbin
Blair Davenport
Boa
Brinley Reece
Bronco Nima
Brooks Jensen
Carmelo Hayes
Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo
Charlie Dempsey
Cora Jade
Damon Kemp
Dani Palmer
Dante Chen
Dijak
Duke Hudson
Eddy Thorpe
Edris Enofe
Fallon Henley
Gigi Dolin
Guru Raaj
Hank Walker
Ilja Dragunov
Izzi Dame
Jacy Jayne
Jaida Parker
Jakara Jackson
Javier Bernal
Jazymyn Nyx
Je'Von Evans
Joe Coffey
Joe Gacy
Josh Briggs
Karmen Petrovic
Kelani Jordan
Kiana James
Lash Legend
Lexis King
Lola Vice
Luca Crusifino
Lucien Price
Lyra Valkyria
Malik Blade
Mark Coffey
Meiko Satomura
Mr. Stone
Myles Borne
Nathan Frazer
Nikkita Lyons
Noam Dar
Oba Femi
Oro Mensah
Ridge Holland
Riley Osborne
Roxanne Perez
Scrypts
Shawn Spears
Sol Ruca
Stevie Turner
Tank Ledger
Tatum Paxley
Thea Hail
Tony D'Angelo
Trey Bearhill
Trick Williams
Valentina Feroz
Wendy Choo
Wes Lee
Wolfgang
Wren Sinclair

---

Premium Live Event Schedule

WWE Backlash France - May 4 - Lyon, France
WWE King & Queen of the Ring - May 25 - London, England
NXT Battleground - June 9 - Las Vegas, Nevada
WWE Clash at the Castle - June 15 - Glasgow, Scotland
WWE Money in the Bank - July 6 - Toronto, Ontario
NXT Heatwave - July 7 - Toronto, Ontario
WWE SummerSlam - Aug 3 - Cleveland, Ohio
WWE Bash in Berlin - Aug 31 - Berlin, Germany
NXT Worlds Collide - Sep 1 - Orlando, FL
WWE Bad Blood - Oct 5 - Location TBA
NXT No Mercy - Oct 6 - Location TBA
WWE Bad Intentions - Nov 2 - Location TBA
WWE Survivor Series - Nov 23 - Location TBA
NXT Deadline - Dec 15 - Location TBA

Reactions: Death By Looch

Stojy

Reaction score
Oh hey, awesome to have you back, and I highly appreciate the Mac inspired BTB name too. Wishing you best of luck with this, not that you need it. I'll be reading.

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
News and Notes

WWE is understandably incredibly pleased with how WrestleMania XL went. Company morale is at its highest in years if not decades.

Becky Lynch was under the weather in her match against Rhea Ripley on Saturday. However, we are told that she is at Raw in Philadelphia on Monday and reportedly feeling "much better."

Dragon Lee reportedly suffered a shoulder injury ahead of WrestleMania, leading to the quick and snappy change. Obviously, it became an unfortunate situation, but the company is intent on making good on that again.

Speaking of making good, a significant push for Liv Morgan is scheduled. Despite missing WrestleMania, Morgan is still set to be a major part of the plan as we advance this year. That ascent may soon begin on Monday's Raw, as she's currently scheduled to wrestle Nia Jax.

WWE is beyond thrilled with how things went for newcomer Jade Cargill. Her friends and family were in attendance in Philadelphia and she received rave reviews and kind words from just about everybody.

The WWE Draft is expected to be announced this week. Word is that NXT superstars will "declare" for the draft, making them eligible to be picked, following a sports-like element in the process.

One former WWE Champion informed the company of their plans to exit in two months. They are expected to run out of their contract and then depart. While it isn't known right now who that former champion is, we're told it's expected to be made pretty obvious this week.

To that end, WWE is reportedly set to make a "huge splash" this week somewhere.

One wrestler who impressed at least a dozen officials this weekend was Roxanne Perez. Perez's advancement through WWE's developmental system over the last two years has been incredible. There was a buzz. She could see a call-up come her way. Then she won the NXT Women's Championship. However, that doesn't mean she won't be called up, as the buzz has reportedly accelerated even more. There might be some jostling for her, but Perez might soon hit the main roster.

The current working plan for WrestleMania 41 is to take place in Las Vegas and be headlined by Cody Rhodes vs. The Rock.

CM Punk's initial timeline after his Grade 1 triceps tear appears to be greater than we originally thought. The word after last night's angle is that Punk might be cleared. If he is, expect that to be out in the forefront on Raw on Monday night.

---

On Tap for Monday Night Raw
~ Cody Rhodes LIVE!
~ Sami Zayn LIVE!
~ "Big" Bronson Reed vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Jey Uso - #1 Contender's Match
~ Liv Morgan vs. Nia Jax
~ NXT Women's Champion Roxanne Perez IN ACTION!
~ Andrade vs. Ricochet
~ Women's tag team action as Natalya and Tegan Nox battle Chelsea Green and Piper Niven!
~ Chad Gable in action!

(A note: I used truths, I made things up. Pay attention to the news and notes!)

Reactions: Death By Looch

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
Well, here goes nothing I guess. How do I do this again...

Raw – April 8, 2024; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The next era in WWE kicked off with a bang! Michael Cole and Pat McAfee welcomed us to the show and then noted a MASSIVE main event that we have in store:

World Heavyweight Championship #1 Contender’s Match
~ Winner Faces Damian Priest at Backash France ~
Bronson Reed vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Jey Uso

Triple H
welcomed Cody Rhodes, the new Undisputed WWE Champion, to the ring. Rhodes took in the sights while holding the gold for the first time. Procedurally, Cody took the time to thank everyone who followed him for the last two years. And then he thanked everyone who’d followed him for much longer than that. Rhodes was very triumphant after his win 24 hours ago, and the new and exciting feelings were palpable. Things got interesting when The Rock came out! Rock got into the ring and stared Rhodes down, setting up quite the photo. Rock congratulated Cody on winning the championship. Rock was very particular in what he said, and there was one name he brought up once – Roman Reigns, to a mixed reaction – that he mostly kept to a minimum. Rock essentially told Cody that he might have finished his story, but this novel goes as long as The Final Boss says it goes. Rock gave an interesting glare at Triple H and then Cody before leaving the ring! This promo went on a very long time, just like in real life. Like, very, very long. Just so we’re clear here for the rest of the show.

Liv Morgan vs. Nia Jax: Two ladies who didn’t make it to WrestleMania get themselves a chance to make something happen tonight! Liv and Nia kept their rivalry going after things heated up before WrestleMania. Morgan took an annihilation at times from Jax, but she took that licking and kept on ticking. That seemed to infuriate Nia as much as it tired her out. Liv came around and realized this and started rope-a-doping her. It nearly worked but Jax would kick out of a near fall. This one went more than two segments. Morgan had Nia stunned after a Code Breaker off the top rope and then went back up and hit an impromptu ObLIVion! No ropes needed and she got the win! Liv Morgan via pinfall at 14:06.

After the match ended, the Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley struck! She tried to sneak attack Morgan and cheapshotted her so, well, she got what she wanted!! Ripley mugged Morgan but then the crowd came alive. Becky Lynch invaded the ring and turned Rhea around and started fighting the champion!! Lynch threw punches at Ripley who became overwhelmed by The Man! But Rhea headbutted Becky and started to fire back! Liv then got in the fight as well! A huge brawl ensued! Liv and Becky each got Rhea out of the ring, and Ripley retrieved her title. Her sneak attack didn’t work, but The Eradicator still got some licks in on two of her potential challengers. Liv seemed thankful for Becky being there, and just as irritated as she was before by The Eradicator.

After the break, Becky walked through the back with Liv, making sure she was good following Ripley’s sneak attack. Cathy Kelley then caught up with Becky, who had a few choice words for the Women’s World Champion. Lynch said she got her at WrestleMania and is making no excuses. But The Man has a problem with Ripley sneak-attacking Liv. The Man called Ripley a coward and then told her that clearly that beyond not getting the job done she failed in sending her a message, so Becky challenged Rhea to a match!! Whoa!!

A look back at the epic Intercontinental Championship Match between Sami Zayn and Gunther. After the video package, we learn that Gunther has taken a ‘sabbatical’ while Zayn is ‘in the house’ tonight in Philadelphia!

We get procedural again as new World Tag Team Championships are awarded to Awesome Truth, who won the titles in a chaotic Ladder Match. A few of Raw’s tag teams interrupt the celebration, Truth cracks a few jokes, and everyone has a pretty fun time.

After the chaos, Adam Pearce announced that next week there will be a #1 Contender’s Match featuring DIY, The Judgment Day, and The New Day. The winners will challenge Awesome Truth in two weeks!

Chelsea Green and Piper Niven vs. Natalya and Tegan Nox: The Women’s Tag Team Champions, Damage CTRL, were reeling after a rough weekend in Philadelphia. In the meanwhile, two teams pining for a title shot went at it. Nattie and Tegan had been freying lately, but they put together a rock-solid effort here. Piper nearly took them out, but the valiant Nox kicked out after a splash. Natalya then eventually disposed of her, and the two zeroed in on Chelsea. Nattie corralled Green and propped her up for the Hart Attack… and crouched down extra as Nox launched and connected with a Shining Wizard! Now THAT’S an innovation! Nox and Nattie picked up the W! Natalya and Tegan Nox via pinfall at 8:06.

Cathy Kelley interviewed Nattie and Tegan following the match. Natalya praised Nox for her willingness to get beaten up and said she showed her character. Nox said she wanted to be champion so bad and said she had plenty of history with Damage CTRL. So she couldn’t wait to get her hands on them!

A vignette for ‘The Prodigy’ Roxanne Perez airs, capping off by saying she’ll appear TONIGHT on Raw!

Liv Morgan
left Becky Lynch’s locker room and then went on a walk. She eventually reached her destination: The Judgment Day Hangout! Morgan stared… but didn’t strike yet!

Roxanne Perez vs. Indi Hartwell: Nothing more than a showcase match for the NXT Women’s Champion! Indi puts up a solid fight with Candice LeRae in her corner. But Hartwell, struggling to find herself lately, could not connect the dots to victory. Perez put her to the mat with Pop Rox and got the 1-2-3! Roxanne Perez via pinfall at 4:06.

Post-match, Candice LeRae gave Indi Hartwell an earful on their way up the ramp…

A video package on the insane sequence during and following the World Heavyweight Championship Match at WrestleMania XL. We went from Seth Rollins… to Drew McIntyre… to Damian Priest thanks to CM Punk!

Adam Pearce
backstage then took an ‘urgent’ phone call from an unnamed assistant, and he took it. Pearce appeared surprised to hear the call but said he “hoped he’d see them soon.” Interesting…

In the distance, we see The Judgment Day dispersing here… Priest shakes hands with everybody and then walks towards Gorilla. JD and Dom head one way with Finn, and Rhea goes back in the Hangout… Leaving her alone…

And a smirking Liv Morgan likes that. A lot.

Morgan then sprung into action. She darted into the hangout! Ripley heard the footsteps but had no time to react! By the time the champion could, Morgan leapt in her face and took her off her feet!! Liv rained down on Rhea and DOWN and DOWN and DOWN as Ripley tossed her away! But Morgan charged her again on the couch and the two bowled over it!! Morgan stayed on her as Rhea fought back until officials invaded the hangout! It’s gonna take a lot to keep these two apart!

Roxanne Perez walked by Indi Hartwell and Candice LeRae, who was still giving Indi hell. Perez chuckled, drawing a reaction from LeRae. Perez came back by saying that she has no problem talking “to you, since you’re a former champion, Indi, but you Candice? Well, like you’d know anything about that,” said Perez. Wow…

Damian Priest came out for a Championship Celebration but was in no mood to celebrate after being informed of what just happened. Priest assured everyone though that The Judgment Day was the most dominant force in WWE. Priest said next week that JD and Dirty Dom would win and then become the new Tag Team Champions and bring the belts back where they belong. He praised and put over Rhea Ripley and trashed Liv Morgan for snooping around and eavesdropping. Priest then boasted about his championship status. He raised the possibility of each man in tonight’s main event winning, and while he praised them all for being great challengers, he said that he will take them ALL down! Adam Pearce then spoke up. He said he didn’t want to poo-poo on Priest’s moment or give the impression that he was. However, Pearce wanted to say that he named three of the potential challengers he might have at Backlash France. However… as of an hour ago, he did not name them all.

Irate, Priest asked Pearce when he intended on telling him that. Pearce responded by saying he didn’t even know until an hour ago that this was happening, but it is, and he wanted to give Priest his moment. Priest nearly lost his cool again, but kept himself at an even keel. The crowed chanted for who they wanted, and then Damian asked the Million Dollar Question: Who else could challenge me for my title in France?

And… cue CM Punk’s music!

Well… as great as things were for Damian Priest, they’re THAT bad now.

Andrade vs. Ricochet: Two guys with the athleticism for sprints run a full-fledged sprint here. These two are jockeying for position right now on Raw, and after a successful WrestleMania, Andrade has plenty of momentum. He carries that through here and picks up a HUGE victory over Ricochet. Andrade via pinfall at 5:25.

A furious Damian Priest commiserated with the rest of The Judgment Day backstage over CM Punk joining the party. Priest said he wanted to grab Adam Pearce by the throat for being “cute.” Ripley told him to control himself though, and remember who he is. Tonight, he’s bulletproof. But Rhea said that while they can’t do anything about Punk being added, they sure can make an impact somewhere. Where? We needed to find that out.

Chad Gable vs. Ludwig Kaiser: This one goes about as you’d expect it to go! The NEW Intercontinental Champion graced us with his presence before the match and addressed the crowd from the stage. Sami Zayn thanked the fans for always staying behind him on the journey and for never giving up on him. Ludwig Kaiser eventually interrupted and confronted Zayn and he and Giovanni Vinci tried to jump him! But then Chad Gable came out which led to this match. Gable, siding with Zayn of course, took on Kaiser and eventually defeated him! He made good enough work and took him down in a match that, to be fair, was easy to read. Chad Gable via submission at 3:22.

Adam Pearce came out before the main event to announce that, next week in Montreal, Sami Zayn will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Chad Gable in the main event!

Bronson Reed vs. CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Jey Uso:
McIntyre went right after Punk after he got in the ring! Punk's inclusion in this match clearly set him off for obvious reasons and they picked up right where they left off from the Rumble. Punk, McIntyre, Reed, and Uso took part in the high stakes main event with a shot at Damian Priest on the line. It seemed like things were geared up for Jey to pick up the victory in the late stages. But to everyone’s surprise, Priest had something up his sleeve! El Campeon came down to the ring to attempt to distract Jey. When that didn’t work, FINN BALOR appeared, coming out through the crowd! Everyone thought he left! Balor hit Jey with a vicious Slingblade and brought him out and ran him into the stairs! That left Drew to fight with “Big” Bronson and McIntyre eventually sent Reed’s head into the third row!! And then McIntyre got hit with a LOW BLOW by CM Punk! Of course! He shoved him out of the ring and picked up the win! CM Punk via pinfall at 17:20.

CM Punk is going to France! And he pulled the rug out from under Drew McIntyre to get there! Karma is a bitch again for Drew Mac, and CM Punk will get an epic chance at glory!

END OF SHOW

---

Quick Results:
Liv Morgan def. Nia Jax via pinfall at 14:05
Natalya and Tegan Nox def. Chelsea Green and Piper Niven via pinfall at 8:06
Roxanne Perez def. Indi Hartwell via pinfall at 4:06
Andrade def. Ricochet via pinfall at 5:25.
Chad Gable def. Ludwig Kaiser via submission at 3:22
CM Punk def. Bronson Reed, Drew McIntyre and Jey Uso at 17:20 to become #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Title

---

Current Card for WWE Backlash France:
Date:
May 4, 2024

World Heavyweight Championship Match
‘El Campeon’ Damian Priest © defends against CM Punk

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
We ride.

NXT – April 9, 2024

‘The Prodigy’ Roxanne Perez couldn’t wait to tell everyone about her victory over former NXT Women’s Champion Indi Hartwell on Raw last night. Roxanne got a bit of a dig on Indi though, saying that she intends to have her reign be a flashbulb memory rather than gone in a flash. Roxanne said that there are only three two-time NXT Women’s Champions: Shayna Baszler and Charlotte Flair. Perez claimed people were talking about her title victory just like everyone else talked about Bayley’s title victory last Sunday at WrestleMania. She continued boasting and said there simply wasn’t anyone else on her level. Lyra Valkyria’s music hit, but before she could even come out, Perez got tackled by Tatum Paxley! Roxanne tried to get away but Paxley stayed on her! They fought and wrestled out of the ring and then were separated by Ava’s team of security!

A Bron Breakker-Baron Corbin hype video aired, ahead of tonight’s main event.

Axiom and Nathan Frazer
walked into the building earlier today, and spoke about the main event match for tonight against Bron and Corbin for their newly won NXT Tag Team Championships.

Ava provided an update to McKenzie Mitchell. Ava said that she got both Roxanne and Paxley under control. But she wasn’t willing to let this fester any longer. She announced that later tonight, Roxanne will be in action against Tatum Paxley!

Karmen Petrovic, Natalya, and Tegan Nox def. Izzi Dame, Jacy Jayne, and Kiana James

A Je’Von Evans hype video aired, highlighting the young star!

A vignette aired with The Family. Tony D’Angelo said they needed to pull back in and reassess before they make their next move.

Je’Von Evans def. Scrypts

Ridge Holland
confronted Je’Von Evans after his match. He told him he thought he did alright out there but challenged him, because he claimed there’s “no way” he can do better than him. Je’Von was more than happy to take that challenge on!

Kelani Jordan def. Blair Davenport

A Lola Vice vignette aired, showing her training hard, with a tag that she’s getting back in the ring next week!

Sol Ruca
received the interview treatment backstage. Last week, like Kelani Jordan just did, she defeated Blair Davenport in her second match back after injury. Ruca said she’s had a long time to pay attention to herself and to the NXT women’s scene and to her, nothing’s changed. It’s still just as competitive. But she’s not looking to vibe into any trouble. Speaking of trouble, the trash-talking Jaida Parker walked by, staring at Ruca, in a foul mood after what happened earlier to Scrypts… I guess.

Ilja Dragunov came out for a promo. The NXT Champion proudly addressed the crowed and boasted over his win over the weekend. Dragunov said that there was one thing clear after this weekend though, and he wanted to make sure to get to the point, so he welcomed Trick Williams to the ring. After the usually outrageous reaction, Trick and Ilja traded barbs. Respectfully. Trick challenged Ilja to a match, but not on Carmelo Hayes’ watch. Melo said that Saturday was a “fluke” and everyone knows it, and there’s no way that Trick could beat Melo again under the same circumstances. Trick told him to stop crying to applause. Melo told Trick that from his perspective he thinks he has nothing to lose. Before he went on, Williams cut him off, saying he didn’t want nor need to be conned into whooping his ass. Trick said if Melo wants a fight he’s got one. Melo smiled and told Ilja he was coming for what belonged to him and this time he won’t miss.

Ridge Holland def. Shawn Spears

The North American Champion Oba Femi cut a pre-taped promo addressing all chalengers saying he fears no man or mountain or foe, and has no plans of retiring his dominance or getting sick of beating people up anytime soon. Fierce words.

Dijak picked a fight with Meta-Four backstage. Noam Dar all but told him to buzz off and he went to encroach on him. But Oro Mensah stood up for Dar! Dijak didn’t bother to attack but seemed to be disgusted as he walked away.

Fallon Henley and Thea Hail def. Arianna Grace and Gigi Dolin

Ava
gets a phone call that jolts her out of her seat. She then tells someone that “it’s happening” and they both go off in a hurry!

Axiom and Nathan Frazer def. Bron Breakker and Baron Corbin to retain the NXT Tag Team Championships

After the break, the NXT Universe lost its mind as Ricky Starks walked in! A post-WrestleMania SHOCKER!!!! Starks went around and got into the ring, and left everyone speechless as NXT came to a close!

DTP

Reaction score
WWE Monday Night RAW - April 8, 2024:

Obviously a hot time to come in with, right on the heels of probably the best WrestleMania in history from an entertainment standpoint. This period comes with the obvious hotness of the boom period, and with so many avenues to go now that Roman Reigns' reign as WWE Undisputed Universal Champion is over. I think this was always what has stopped me from attempting a true modern day - the long-term story arc of Cody Rhodes "finishing the story" appeared to be the idea a long time ago, whereas I'm far more of an "in from the ground floor" kind of booker. With so much that has happened creatively since WrestleMania, though, you have a lot of legroom and different avenues to take moving on.

The format isn't bad. It's easy to read - maybe a little too much red for my liking.

The opening promo was exactly what it needed to be, perhaps just not at nearly an hour in length. The Rock is clearly a future challenger for Cody Rhodes, but what I'm looking for is how you book the new Undisputed WWE Champion's reign first. In real life, AJ Styles and Logan Paul haven't been bad choices thus far - but I wouldn't say he's really been put to an actual challenge that has people believing he has a chance of losing the belt. Looking forward to seeing what you have for him - the question is how long Rock will be away before coming back...

Liv Morgan defeating Nia Jax was fine, reflecting their television program from before WrestleMania. What they've done with Liv has really helped her shine like never before. I'm curious to see how you pick up on that. It may have gone a little long for my taste, though. Rhea Ripley and Becky Lynch had a solid match at WrestleMania, so I don't mind the immediate rematch taking place tonight it seems. At some point LIv will surely get tired of playing second fiddle, though...

I maybe would have spread the two women's matches out across the show, but more surprisingly was seeing Tegan Nox and Natalya beat Chelsea Green and Piper Niven. I like Tegan but have never been blown away by her character. She was pretty hard to write for when I was working on the Pandemic Project. Green's ceiling is crazy high long-term, as I think we've more than seen most recently.

Three consecutive women's matches, and not a sign of the men. Not a knock - I guess most weeks the show is male dominated with the women serving as something of a special attraction. I liked Roxanne Perez getting the showcase win, but I'm not too sold on the Candice LeRae angle. I remember it was very drawn out, which is one of my sole gripes with Paul Levesque's creative philosophy. I wouldn't mind seeing NXT stars become more recurring features on RAW.

I sure hope Liv Morgan didn't injure Rhea Ripley there! It's worth noting you have a knack for angles like this. Again, though, on a three-hour show I feel like these segments could have been stretched out more across the show.

Damian Priest's promo was well worked, with the rah-rah speech of the Judgment Day faction being on top. I guess it wouldn't hurt to see CM Punk get a WWE World Heavyweight Championship opportunity at Backlash: France, but he made a miraculous recovery in just a few months, huh? I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Andrade has been a slowburner in the creative process this past few months, and it's a shame - but perhaps after drifting around in AEW, and now WWE, people are becoming to realise he's not the headliner everybody thinks he is? Maybe a hot take. Either way, I think he could be a solid upper-carder - he just needs the right thing to get him over with the fans. He and Ricochet would have had a great match.

I feel so bad for Chad Gable. Up until a few months ago I genuinely had him pegged as the guy to beat GUNTHER for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Not a bad rebound win for Ludwig Kaiser, who has also really come out of his shell since WrestleMania. I wonder when GUNTHER may resurface. I do think we could have done with a Sami Zayn presence on this show.

The Fatal 4-Way main event worked, a la real life. I think as soon as you dropped CM Punk's name it was a given he was winning here. I was thinking recently how fun an actual feud with Finn Bálor and Jey Uso would be. As we've seen, Jey is the hottest he's ever been, and is shockingly future WWE World Champion material - but he hasn't yet had that star calibre feud to put him there. Maybe Finn will work wonders. I think it would be spicy to see Drew McIntyre cost CM Punk at Backlash: France, lending towards the events of Clash at the Castle and beyond.

For a first show, the base is established for the RAW brand and you're being fairly conservative with how things went on television. I think it's always important to stick to the status quo - but the WWE Draft, should you do it next month, will be a good indicator of where this project will truly evolve.

WWE NXT - April 9, 2024:

Admittedly I'm not so knowledgeable on NXT's undercard nowadays. It really felt that with Trick Williams' ascension to the top of the card, and the callups of Carmelo Hayes, Ilja Dragunov and Bron Breakker, he was given a real raw deal when it comes to keeping things hot on NXT. It's been successful to a degree - I mean look at the crowd that came out for Heatwave. I'm curious to see how you handle Trick's movement up the card, if that is your aim.

I won't lie, I haven't been impressed by Tatum Paxley thus far. It's a different character for sure, but it really hampered the match at NXT Stand and Deliver for me. I suspect a multi-woman match is on the way for the NXT Women's Championship, potentially. I'd definitely like to see that rematch with Perez and Lyra Valkyria, though.

The six-woman tag team match did the job of getting Karmen Petrovic over by association, with Natalya and Tegan Nox. Whilst it's clear NXT is more abbreviated in comparison to RAW (and I presume SmackDown), I wouldn't mind at least a line outlining the finish of the match.

Je'Von Evans is obviously a future star in the making. Good win for him over Scrypts, who I do think was wasted potential on NXT's part with his recent departure. The Reggie character, followed by the Scrypts character really was a two-hit KO for his WWE prospects. I figure Ridge Holland could be a good base for him to work with, right out of the gate of his NXT debut.

I was always confused about Tony D'Angelo after Stand and Deliver. There were signs he and The Family weren't on the same page as D'Angelo failed to win the NXT Championship - but then there was seemingly no follow up. I'd like to see that explored a little, rather than jumping into the mix with the Three Quarter Catch Crew.

Kelani Jordan winning over Blair Davenport was pretty shocking to read. She's good, but Blair is a more established face in the women's division, for sure.

Ilja Dragunov getting into a war of words with Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams made a heap of sense. I always thought this was going to be the eventual direction for the NXT Championship, coming out of WrestleMania weekend. It felt very rushed to see Trick beat Melo in the steel cage, but also win the NXT title within weeks of the other. Perhaps this shall kill two birds with one stone.

Ridge Holland beating Shawn Spears was fine. They had decent chemistry, but there really wasn't a whole lot else going on there in my mind. I would've done the Je'Von Evans thing after this, as it felt Ridge was looking past Spears somewhat.

Oba Femi has been a fun project to see unfold as NXT North American Champion. I'd like to see another match with Josh Briggs after what we saw at Stand and Deliver.

I suppose Dijak and Meta-Four make for a fun dynamic. I remember they teased Noam Dar as coming for Trick Williams' NXT Championship a few months ago, though, and it felt totally unconvincing. Dar has never been portrayed strong enough, I don't think. And clearly there's an interest in pushing Oro Mensah, based on what we've seen in the past few months.

I loved Fallon Henley as a face and can't help but think it was a bad idea to turn her heel. It was a shame to see Gigi Dolin seemingly go back heel in this one, teaming with Arianna Grace. Thea Hail is going to be a star.

I was always weirded out by how fast Axiom and Nathan Frazer beat Bron Breakker and Baron Corbin for the NXT Tag Team Championships, after first losing to them at Stand and Deliver. If this is nearly it for Breakker, I hope we have something planned for Corbin because they were really gelling as a team and it was the best Baron's ever looked.

Good closing segment to debut Ricky Starks, apparently out of nowhere. I suppose there's an ounce of it coming to fruition, based on his absence from AEW television for coming up to a year. I had huge plans for him in the Pandemic Project on the NXT brand - and that was in 2020 when he was just starting to hit his stride. I do think it's a little out of the blue, but having seen CM Punk return months early from injury, it's clear you're taking a lot of creative liberties.

DamageCTRL

Reaction score
Friday Night Smackdown – April 12th 2024; Detroit, Michigan

Smackdown General Manager Nick Aldis led Smackdown off by properly introducing Cody Rhodes to a very excited Detroit crowd. The Motor City was excited to see the new Undisputed WWE Champion. Rhodes provided a similar address from Monday night, but in order to keep things even, he kept that address short and sweet.

After Rhodes departed, Aldis shifted gears to talk business. Aldis noted that history was made at WrestleMania XL everywhere. We have a new Women’s Champion, we have new Tag Team Champions, and so much more. But now we have to plot our course for the future and that begins with sorting out the road to Backlash France!

Aldis ran down what’s in store for everyone tonight:

~ U.S. Title #1 Contender’s Match: Cameron Grimes vs. Pete Dunne vs. Santos Escobar
~ Bianca Belair vs. Dakota Kai vs. Michin
~ Naomi vs. Tiffany Stratton vs. Zelina Vega
~ Bron Breakker vs. Kevin Owens

Aldis explained that the two winners of the women’s matches would meet next week to determine new Women’s Champion Bayley’s first challenger for Backlash France. Aldis then announced that the winner of the Breakker-Owens will face the winner of another match, which will take place next week, whose participants he needs to announce.

Before we went to break, Paul Heyman could be seen backstage. Heyman was seen waiting for… somebody, in the parking lot. Who that someone is? We didn’t find out yet.

{Commercial Break}

An unhappy Damage CTRL walked with Dakota Kai in the back. Nowhere to be found interestingly enough was IYO SKY, but Dakota pledged to her girls that she was going to get them back for this weekend. She told them that they’re a family and they look out for each other. Asuka and Kairi nodded and off Dakota went.

A WrestleMania XL video aired, highlighting some of the weekend’s biggest moments.

Bianca Belair vs. Dakota Kai vs. Michin:
Damage CTRL had a tough weekend in Philadelphia. Dakota Kai took umbrage to try and get them to bounce back. She’d have difficulty doing so against Bianca Belair and Michin, who had been extremely hungry for an opportunity. These three ladies beat each other up from pillar to post. A lot of intensity was on display and with a potential title shot on the line, that urgency was needed. Late in the match, Bianca went up to hit a 450 Splash on Dakota Kai! But then Asuka appeared at ringside! Jade Cargill, who accompanied Bianca to the ring, went after The Empress, but then Kairi Sane came out of nowhere and smacked Belair in the back with an umbrella! She then did the same to an oncoming Michin and disposed of her so Kai could then come around and BLAM! Corner Kick to Bianca!! She then got her out and brought Michin up after she was sent in the ring. Dakota then ran over… KAI-RO-PRACTOR! For the win! Dakota Kai via pinfall at 9:07.

Kevin Owens
fielded an interview from Kayla Braxton, in which Owens said he planned to take one step forward towards becoming WWE Champion. KO quipped that Cody would “actually defend the title at Backlash,” surely signaling a new era. Owens went into his signature style and left fired up.

{Commercial Break}

Another WrestleMania video aired, showcasing some of the best entrances of the weekend.

Once again, Paul Heyman could be seen waiting for somebody. When Kayla Braxton went to interview him, Heyman was very mum.

Dakota Kai was geeked about winning her match and celebrated with Asuka and Kairi. She then said she had to go “take care of other business,” but to stand watch just in case something went down.

Austin Theory and Grayson Waller were awarded their new Tag Team Championships. Unlike Monday night, there weren’t too many procedurals. Instead, The Street Profits decided to keep it simple. The Profits came to the ring, told the young guns they wanted the titles they had, and despite trying to get away, Theory wound up on the receiving end of a HUGE Spinebuster from Dawkins. Waller, interestingly, left his partner up for nothing.

{Commercial Break}

Yet another WrestleMania XL video aired, highlighting the celebrity involvement in this weekend’s epic show.

Bianca Belair
expressed frustration backstage around Jade Cargill and Naomi. Cargill assured Belair that she would get DC back. Naomi also encouraged Belair, pledging to win tonight for Belair. Bianca responded to that with a fist bump, but the intense EST didn’t appear to be fully calm.

Nick Aldis held court with The Street Profits, and said that while he didn’t appreciate them interrupting the ceremony, he understood their grievance. So Aldis told Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins that next week they will be involved in a Four Corners Tag Match to determine the first contenders for Waller and Theory. Tez said he liked that, so did Dawkins, and off they went.

{Commercial Break}

Dakota Kai
found who she was looking for: Tiffany Stratton! Kai introduced herself to Stratton and then started going on. She waxed poetic about Stratton, telling her everything she wanted to hear. She said that she’d “hate” to see her get curbed and said someone like Naomi “doesn’t deserve” to win tonight. Stratton asked what was in it for her, because she said that if she wins tonight, then she’d wrestle Dakota. And she isn’t just lying down. Kai calmed her down, and told her that if, or when she became Women’s Champion at Backlash, then Tiffany would have the first chance. Tiffy took a moment, but of course, the allure for gold either way was enough to get a handshake! What do they have planned!?

Cameron Grimes vs. LA Knight vs. Santos Escobar: Three of Smackdown’s more talented competitors went at it in a high-stakes triple threat match. The winner would punch their ticket to Lyon to face Logan Paul for the United States Championship at Backlash France. None of these three had yet to taste singles gold yet on the main roster, so it’s safe to say that everyone had ambition. In the end, Knight slithered in after Santos looked to be in position and dropped him with the BFT! And picked up the win! LA Knight via pinfall at 10:20.

An intense Bron Breakker video aired!

Dakota Kai and Tiffany Stratton were backstage going back to Damage CTRL’s locker room. But there was a bit of a problem. Asuka and Kairi were fighting with Natalya and Tegan Nox!! It looks like they’ve decided to bring the fight right to them!! Dakota pulled her girls away and shouted at Tegan and Nattie, who still looked ready to fight!

{Commercial Break}

We get footage from before the break, which starts earlier, thanks to a camera shot running at the time. And we see that Natalya and Tegan had gone to confront the Kabuki Warriors. They had a brief conversation and then all hell broke loose!

A Logan Paul United States Champion video aired, saying that next week, he’d make his Smackdown return!

Naomi vs. Tiffany Stratton vs. Zelina Vega:
A high-energy match keeps the second hour of Smackdown going! There’s a lot of feistiness here and there’s been animosity brewing between Naomi and Tiffany Stratton. Dakota Kai’s meddling earlier only probably fueled that fire. You wonder what that means for them and for Zelina Vega, who made sure everyone knew she was a threat as well. Vega came close to getting the victory on a few major occasions, but wasn’t decisive enough. Dakota Kai then came down to the ring with Kairi Sane, with some perhaps wondering if Asuka was lurking in the weeds. But behind them came Bianca and Jade! They turned them around and started brawling! Tiff was furious that the plan fell apart but had to come back to earth quicky! She turned out of a waist lock from Naomi. She then put her up for an Alabama Slam but Naomi rolled through! And got the 3 count! The newcomer will have to learn a few more tricks because the veteran just got em! Naomi via pinfall at 8:25.

Paul Heyman
appeared once more and this time seemed to find who he was looking for, because pulling up in their car was Jimmy Uso! Heyman seemed relieved and said that he was “concerned.” Jimmy asked him why and Paul suggested that Solo was “upset” because they hadn’t spoken all day. Jimmy told Paul that, rest assured, he would find out what’s going on, and that he’d make sure The Bloodline would remain intact. And most of all that he would protect him. Heyman thanked Jimmy and off they went.

{Commercial Break}

Bron Breakker vs. Kevin Owens:
An incredibly intense main event nearly broke out in the back before it got started officially!! The two had to be separated in Gorilla as we returned from commercial as we weren’t wasting time tonight. Owens was the more accomplished man but Breakker was the fresher man. And with that freshness came a lot of intensity. An OVERWHELMING amount in fact, and Owens couldn’t quite corral it long enough. KO had trouble with Breakker and Bron showed that his background was worth paying attention to! Breakker dropped Owens with a HUGE Powerslam and picked up the WIN! Bron Breakker via pinfall at 7:45.

Nick Aldis
appeared on the screen. First, Aldis said the Women’s Tag Team Champions would represent Smackdown on Monday night against Natalya and Tegan Nox. Then he kept on with business. He announced that next week, after tonight’s results, Dakota Kai will compete against Naomi for the right to wrestle Bayley at Backlash France for the WWE Women’s Championship. He also announced a Four Corners Tag Match next week featuring: Legado Del Fantasma, The LWO, The New Catch Republic, and The Street Profits. The winners would become the #1 Contenders for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Finally, he announced a whopper: Next week, AJ Styles and Randy Orton will face each other in the WWE Title’s #1 Contender’s Series. Bron Breakker has quite the opportunity ahead! Just then though some commotion broke out backstage! Aldis went and looked and we saw Bianca, Jade, Naomi, Damage CTRL, and Tiffany Stratton fighting!! And no one kept them apart!

{Commercial Break}

Paul Heyman
led Jimmy Uso out but Solo Sikoa was nowhere in sight. Heyman and Jimmy had conferred with each other in the back as we returned from break, and Jimmy said his cousin told him he wanted ‘space’ but he would join them tonight.

Heyman came out and presented the fans with an incredible look back at Roman Reigns’ history-making championship reign. After the video concluded, the fans applauded. Reigns might have been the villain of the century, but he certainly played within the confines. And that earned everyone’s respect. Heyman called Roman a proud champion who has nothing to be ashamed of. He said he knows that he wanted to beat Cody Rhodes more than anything else. And he warned Cody not to be too careful with what’s in front of him now, because he needs eyes in the back of his head. When Roman comes back, Heyman said, it’s all about “one thing.”

Jimmy applauded. Heyman kept on, talking about Reigns and his legacy. He said that his greatest feat is yet to come and everyone knows it. Heyman and Jimmy were then interrupted by Solo Sikoa.

Solo came out by himself, to boos, and walked down to the ring. Jimmy kept him by his side here and Sikoa then made his way into the ring. He grabbed a microphone and addressed Heyman. Solo said he wanted to hear everything he had to say before he came out here. Sikoa said he was left disappointed, which surprised some in the crowd. Sikoa said that for the time he’s been in here, he said he thought the Bloodline was about dominance. He said he thought it was about power. And right now there’s no dominance and no power. Sikoa said the thing that disappointed him the most is hearing him say Roman has “nothing to be ashamed of.”

Sikoa said that Roman Reigns lost in the main event of WrestleMania. A jarring sentence, to be sure. Sikoa said that if Roman isn’t disappointed, then he isn’t the man he thought he was. Whoa… Jimmy got a bit hot at that. Solo calmed him down and said that he’s not accusing him of anything, but he’s going off of what Paul said. And he is the Wiseman, and the man closest to Roman… so sometimes, Solo said, whether he wants to or not he becomes… a parrot.

Whoa…? Solo said he could basically be talking for Roman, and if he is, then he’s even more disappointed. Jimmy told him to wise up! That got the crowd excited. Jimmy said that Solo missed the mark in the WrestleMania main event, just like he did, so it was all the same. So Jimmy said Solo was talking out of turn! Sikoa said really? Sikoa argued it wasn’t the same because Jimmy lost to Jey in Brother vs. Brother at WrestleMania. Ouch…

Sikoa argued that change was necessary in times like this… Heyman refuted that idea. He said the Tribal Chief does not want change. Heyman was a bit hurried when he said that, feeling a bit intimidated and frightened, but he did. Sikoa argued that The Tribal Chief actually encourages change at a time like this, and that’s why he’s taken it upon himself to go “deeper down the Bloodline…”

The Detroit crowd ROARED as someone hit the ring! And attacked Jimmy Uso from behind!

IT’S TAMA TONGA!

whoa! Whoa! WHOA!!!

Tama started to absolutely pummel a defenseless Jimmy Uso! Solo watched his own flesh and blood be picked apart by Tama Tonga and he smiled while doing so! Tama set up Jimmy in the corner and stomped away at him before going away and running in with a Hip Attack!!

Tama went outside and grabbed a steel chair while Solo picked Jimmy up. A terrified and mortified Paul Heyman curled up in the corner while Solo looked at the beaten up Uso. Solo told him he “loved him” and it “hurt him” that he “disappointed him” but “The Bloodline runs deep” and then DESTROYED HIS COUSIN WITH THE SAMOAN SPIKE!!!

Tama then came in with the chair and Solo instructed him to bring it over to the corner. Solo dragged the lifeless Uso over and Tonga went to the outside. Nobody was willing to come down because… well… why the hell would anybody save Jimmy Uso right now? Even the guy who could, Cody Rhodes, left an hour ago, according to Wade Barrett! Solo sat Jimmy in the corner and Tama put the chair OVER HIS FACE! Oh my word…

Solo walked to the other corner…

“Jimmy… I love you, and that’s why this hurts.”

Solo raced ahead-

AND LAUNCHED A HIP ATTACK AT THE CHAIR AND CRUNCHED JIMMY USO!!!

HOLY SHIT

A petrified Paul Heyman shrieked and looked up…

Solo Sikoa and Tama Tonga in the ring…

Ones Up.

END OF SHOW

Quick Results
Dakota Kai def. Bianca Belair and Michin at 9:07
LA Knight def. Cameron Grimes and Santos Escobar in a #1 Contender’s Match at 10:20
Naomi def. Tiffany Stratton and Zelina Vega at 8:25
Bron Breakker def. Kevin Owens at 7:45

NEXT WEEK:

Singles Match
{Winner Wrestles Bron Breakker in #1 Contender’s Match on 4/26}
AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

#1 Contender’s Match
{Winner Wrestles Bayley at Backlash France}
Dakota Kai vs. Naomi

Four Corners #1 Contenders Match
Legado Del Fantasma vs. The LWO vs. New Catch Republic vs. The Street Profits

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
PLEASE use Cameron Grimes more! Hate he got cut this year by WWE, and even if he lost the #1 contenders match to LA Knight, I'm excited to see him more on this BTB!

You've been a staple on this BTB section and I'm glad you're taking your hand at this time period.

jdswain111

Reaction score
Raw – April 8, 2024

Liv Morgan vs. Nia Jax big win for Liv against someone bigger and stronger then her but the underdog won.

Nice of Becky to come to help Liv and team up against Rhea and then walking with her backstage to make sure she ok cute.

Tegan nox is so cute and Nox said she wanted to be champion so bad aww I'm sure her time will come.

Liv Morgan planning ready to make her move.

My favourite Roxanne Perez the champ with a victory yes I like that .

Take that Rhea go on Morgan I can imagine her doing her laugh on her way out.

Perez chuckled, drawing a reaction from LeRae. Perez came back by saying that she has no problem talking “to you, since you’re a former champion, Indi, but you Candice? Well, like you’d know anything about that,” said Perez. Wow… classic Roxanne perfectly her Great job

NXT – April 9, 2024

Perfect start with Rox I'm doing a be the booker with Roxanne and Tatum paxley in it if you want to check it out. great segment to start.

Another w for Tegan this episode is getting better.

Sol see's you Jaida Parker be aware you might get it with that staring.

What happened to Roxanne Vs Tatum.

Friday Night Smackdown – April 12th 2024; Detroit, Michigan

Big Bianca Belair fan she got a loss no she is the est the face of the smackdown women's division she should be a champion again.

Bianca Belair expressed frustration. poor Bianca let's she that smile.

Don't make Tegan angry.