WWE 2016 MOTY Thread (COMPLETE)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
14. WWE SummerSlam - WWE Universal Championship: Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins

I still question why WWE had the “Demon” debut on the go-home show, I understand for the casuals to see him and go WOW maybe I should watch this SSlam show, but really how many people actually did say that. It would have been much more special for the entrance and the gimmick to make its first appearance at the PPV. As cheese as it is, whoever comes up with the entrance choreography and the camera man timing to catch some of these shots, bravo. Finn comes out the block hot hitting the running dropkick and looking for the double foot stomp, but Seth rolls out, Finn follows with a dive to the floor. I really like that they go right into the middle portion of the match, skip the feeling out process, the mat work, just right into back and forth action; Played that well considering the PPV was like 8-10 matches and the placement of the matches was a mess. So as we know about 10 minutes in, Seth hits the running powerbomb to the ringside barricade and Balor tears his labrum in his shoulder, but you wouldn’t know because he pulls his arm back into socket and keeps going. Salute. Seth begins controlling the pace, he doesn’t really target a body part he’s just trying to wear him down, keep him on his back. I really wish Seth would stop using the pedigree and just switch to the five-star-frog splash it’s up there as top 3 all time. Finn’s comeback is good, but the crowd is super dead all sitting on their asses, barely reacting and when they do they just clap. Oh, wait they come alive just to boo whenever the Universal title is shown, smh. Just gonna address the “Universal” title, THE BLOOD BELT! So yes it’s red and yes the name is terrible but the fact that you can’t get past it and potentially ruined a really good hard-fought match is pretty dumb. A really good sequence with both men countering one another’s big moves so they have to bust out new stuff, Seth does manage to hit a pedigree but Seth kicks out at two. Real nice exchanges of big moves, Finn hits the double stomp off the top for the win. This was pretty awesome, damn. You probably won’t like if you’re not into the Indy style or even Japanese JR' Heavyweight styles because this was that kind of match; As I said earlier I liked that they got right into is, shaving potentially 5 minutes off. I also really dug the story with both men being really similar in styles, so they had to adjust and add new things in the plan. All around, good stuff. ****

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
13. NXT TakeOver Dallas - NXT Tag Team Championship: The Revival (c) vs. American Alpha

I get Goosebumps watching Alpha’s entrance and watching how bumped they are, then I get this giant smile when the Revival come out because I know what’s about to happen. There are a handful of matches from 2016 that I’ve seen more than one time and this one of them. Actually, Revival probably has 90% of the matches on that list. Dawson starts out with Gable which allows Gable so showcase his amazing armature wrestling; Jordan however that guy’s explosiveness and agility are on another planet, and we haven’t even got to his strongest talent yet. But fuck that, Revival just cheated trying to tag from the floor just so the ref can back Alpha up so they can jump Gable from behind :mark: That untimely backfires and Alpha are one step ahead and they have a counter for everything the Revival want to do, it’s shades of Tully and Arn vs. locals, when they would bump their asses off and make the other tag team look legit. Finally, Gable makes the mistake of chasing Dash to the floor allowing Dawson to murder him with a clothesline. They isolate Gable doing a great job cutting the ring in half, constant cheating and in one of my favorite heel tactics of the year Dash crawls under the ring and comes out on the other side pulling Jordan off the ring apron just as Gable was about to tag in him, AMAZING! The only flaw of the match is Dawson has Gable up for that looks to be a backbreaker and Dash comes off but he misses the clothesline and Dawson simply just drops him. Another amazing cut off spot with Gable leaping to make the tag but DASH GRABS HIM BY THE FUCKIN LEG STOPPING HIM INCHES SHORT! Gable fights out and makes the tag, and this is Jordan’s shine, he has the best hot tag in the business. Suplex after suplex, it’s just awesome, then he adds those facial expressions getting me hyped and I’m just sitting on my ass. The match breaks down and the Revival tries to keep it 2-1 at all times, cheating by holding the tights, holding the ropes. So many awesome near-falls too. Gable blind tags in and Alpha hit Grand Amplitude out for the win. Unbelievable, action from bell to bell never a dull moment outside that little botch. AMAZING ENDING! AMAZING FEEL GOOD MOMENT! FUCK IT! ****1/4 - ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
12. WWE Extreme Rules - Extreme Rules Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles

Different type of feeling to start, Roman just wants to go to the power game early and just wants to punish AJ early, but AJ uses the speed to counter. They go right into this really fun exchange of strikes and Roman busts out this nasty high knee right into AJ’s face. They do this nice tease with Roman wanting to use a chair, but AJ keeps avoiding. They brawl into the crowd and fight all the way to the set of the pre-show. Roman has this awesome out of desperation power move as he throws AJ onto the glass table, but AJ comes right back with a sick kick and a flying forearm off the table. Back at ringside, AJ rips up the protective mat and tries to go for the Styles Clash on the exposed concrete floor but Roman fights out, Roman then comes back pissed and goes for a powerbomb through the Spanish announce table but AJ counters and he goes for the Styles Clash but Roman battles out. HOLY SHIT! AJ comes charging in but Roman catches him in mid-run and back body drops him through the table. Razor’s Edge Powerbomb gets a two, and Holy shit AJ getting some height in these bumps. Roman tries to go for the Superman punch, but AJ tackles his knee and begins to work it. AWESOME! FUCKIN’ SPOT AJ goes for a ‘rana but Roman catches him in mid-air, he whips him headfirst into the ringpost, then the barricade and then powerbombed through the 2nd Announcers table. ROMAN’S NOT DONE! HE GOES FOR A SPEAR ON THE FLOOR BUT IDK OUT OF INSTINCTS AJ SIDESTEPS AND ROMAN CRASHES INTO THE SMALL BARRICADE WHERE THE TIME KEEPER SITS! AJ rolls him back in and goes for the springboard forearm, but in the leap, Roman hits a fuckin superman punch. Spear on the floor, but Roman is too hurt to follow up right away. Karl and Luke come out sensing AJ is in trouble, they hit Roman with the boot of doom and place AJ on top but Roman kicks out; here comes the Uso’s who make the save. They hit AJ with superkicks and a top rope splash and Roman covers, but AJ kicks out. Roman gets his 2nd win and takes out the Club, but the spear is countered into the styles clash, but Roman kicks out again. AJ IS IN DISBEALEAF! He then hits a 2nd Styles Clash but this time on the chair, but the one of the uso’s grabs AJ’s leg long enough for when AJ kicks him off and covers Roman, Roman kicks out at two. AJ IS PISSED STEEL CHAIR SHOTS FOR EVERYONE COMBINED 12! He signals for the flying forearm but in mid-fuckin-air Roman spears him and covers for the win. After the match; Seth Rollin’s makes his return and hits Roman with the pedigree. FUCKIN’ INCREDIBLE MATCH! I remember liking it on the first watch, but I love it now. The way they teased spots then went back to it later, the build to the finish with every spot topping the last, I love the counters and them just willing to beat the shit out of one another for our enjoyment, Oh and AJ's taking these bumps like he's 19 instead of 39. Bravo. ****1/2

EE3dIlf.gif
dEpggdu.gif
Bmi6osv.gif
RyM8J6D.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
11. WWE Cruiserweight Classic 03/08/2016 – First Round Match: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano

This is one of the many things the CWC did right. And I like that they have the “best friends/tag partner” story. Before the match both men have a backstage interview together, they really sell not taking it easy on one another, Ciampa even comments he wants to hurt Gargano to sell how much he wants this. Bryan and Mauro on commentary, oh how I miss that. Johnny out wrestles him in the early going, and Ciampa feels embarrassed so he proceeds to viciously try to hurt him with strikes. Johnny recovers and comes back with some nice strikes of his own, they go back and forth, with counters and sick sounding strikes, these two make Del Rio’s slap thigh sounds like shit lol. But the connections are so stiff the sound makes it look even better, they fight onto the apron and CIAMPA HITS A FUCKIN AIR RAID CRASH ON THE FUCKIN’ RING APRON! He quickly rolls him back in and covers for two, Johnny does an incredible job at selling the move, he does that glazed over look like he’s out on his knees; Ciampa pulls down the knee pad but when he sees Johnny and the state he might be in he starts to hesitate, and he pulls it back up and runs into a superkick but Ciampa still has enough for a lariat and a lung blower but again Johnny kicks out. Ciampa is in shock and pissed, so he chops him in the fuckin face. Ciampa goes for a lariat but Johnny counters into a crucifix and pulls out the win. This was really good, Johnny took one hell of a beating; Mauro on the repeat saying the only mistake Ciampa did all match was pulling the kneepad up. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
10. WWE No Mercy - Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (w/Maryse) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (Career vs. Title)

I love Mauro, so Dolph is walking backstage on his way to the match and Mauro calls this Dolph’s game 7 in OT :mark: If he would have said in the Stanley Cup finals, I might have cum. Speaking of cumming Miz has been on the run of his life since the brand split, he clearly won if we’re talking about how benefitted the most since the split; now if AJ Styles wasn’t on another world, planet IDK what he’s on Miz would be “THE GUY” on top for Smackdown, and speaking of on top, fuckin Maryse in this white outfit. JESUS! Great hot start from Dolph he comes out wanting to end this early, hitting big strike move after strike move and he instantly goes for covers after everything. Miz does a great job weathering the early storm and he begins methodically picking apart Dolph, I love that he’s also added some of Bryan’s moves just to further troll him, and upset the world knowing we will never get that Bryan/Miz payoff. I also liked that Miz using Bryan’s moves would get him into trouble, and allow Dolph that opening to make a comeback, nice sequence with both guys countering one another stuff, so they bust out new moves e.g Miz going for a powerbomb but he bounces Dolph's back off the ring rope but Dolph rolls through for two. Miz briefly targets the leg but he doesn’t follow up and Dolph pretty much no sells it, but at least it makes the figure-four look more of a threat when he locks it in minutes later. Miz now begins to sell the knee, and after the 3rd try Miz finally hits the slingshot sitdown powerbomb but only for two. Miz again starts feeling himself and goes back to mocking Bryan with his awful Yeskicks, and again Dolph hits a ZigZag out of nowhere for two. Awesome sequence with Miz countering the superkick into a Skull crushing finale, but Dolph rolls through and he brings back the sleeper hold, Miz manages to get to the rope. Maryse now gets involved and sprays something in his eyes allowing Miz to hit the skull crushing finale, BUT DOLPH KICKS OUT! Miz is pissed which allows Dolph the opening to nail him with a superkick, but he’s too hurt to make the cover and the spirit squad run out, but they are met with superkicks and Miz sneaks up from behind for another skull crushing finale………..BUT DOLPH KICKS OUT! The ref has finally seen enough and throws Maryse and the squad out, Miz tries to reason with him but when he turns around he walks into a superkick and Dolph covers for the win. Really awesome match that still holds up, great story with Dolph and Miz both selling their desperation to win, Miz continuing to send shots to Bryan too, awesome finishing stretch by Dolph refusing to stay down and overcoming everything that has put him down. Biggest Dolph moment since the cash in, Miz’s best performance ever. I probably have to rewatch the ladder match at some point too because that performance might have topped this one. Also thinking back, crazy that this wasn’t the main event considering how they had the 3-way open the show. WWE stay catching these L’s; also looking back, now that it’s 2017 and Dolph is a heel I wonder if the end goal was a Dolph heel turn, or did something change because you would have though Dolph’s moment here would solidify him. And Miz would move right into the main event picture. ****1/4

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
09. WWE SummerSlam - AJ Styles vs. John Cena

I remember when this aired; I instantly had this as my MOTY. Time to see if it holds up; HUGE FIGHT FEEL! The crowd is split, 49/49, 2% probably don’t know who to cheer for. Great, great feeling out process neither man can win on the mat, but Cena would slightly get the better but AJ would counter and begin yelling at Cean pumping himself up and getting into Cean’s head. Cena’s had enough and murders him with a clothesline but it looks like a running punch. Cena instantly slows down the pace, but as he goes for an FU on the ringapron, AJ counters and suplex’s him onto the apron. AJ can’t follow up as Cena comes right back with a high backdrop, you can tell this is a big match for John as he’s busting out the new stuff e.g. running dropkicks and vicious headbutts. Nice sequence with Cena having the match 100% in his favor but when he goes for AA but AJ flips out and hits the pale kick, he follows up with a Styles Clash but only gets two. Cena comes right back with an AA but this time AJ kicks out. AWESOME! AJ busts out the torture rack into the slam for two; he hasn’t used it during his WWE run. Speaking out of new moves Cena again busts out a new move this time he hits a cutter :mark: The match kicks into a 2nd gear, with great counters and reversals into some big near falls. FUCKIN’ CODE RED BY CENA GETS TWO. More reversals but this time AJ counters out of the STF into a crossface, but Cena counters into an AA attempt which is countered into the calf crusher; Cena then somehow rolls through back into the STF. But AJ rolls him up for a two. Tornado DDT by Cena gets two, but he’s too worn down to follow up right away, but he slowly makes his way up to the top and hits his flying legdrop for another two. CENA GOES UP TOP FOR THE TOP ROPE AA, BUT AJ COUNTERS OUT WITH A SPRINGBOARD ‘RANA. HE THEN FOLLOWS UP WITH A FLYING FORARM, BUT CENA KICKS OUT AT TWO. Cena comes right back again with a brutal clothesline, and this time HE HITS THE SUPER AA OFF THE TOP AND AJ FUCKIN' STYLES KICKS OUT! HOLY SHIT! Cena is in pure shock, his facial expressions are amazing. As we’ve never seen this side of Cena, he’s starting to 2nd guess himself and maybe he can’t beat AJ. Cena again goes for his AA but is countered into a Styles Clash, AJ doesn’t cover he instead rolls out exposes his elbow and connects with a flying forearm for the win. YES! MOTHERFUCKIN’ YES! I love this, it holds up. The story of both men being at the top of their game; so they couldn’t just come with the usual stuff because the other had it scouted, so they both had to bust out new stuff or stuff the other hasn’t used in awhile. The spots would get crazier, so would the reversals and counters. If you want you can make a case that they used their finishers or went for their finishers too much, but then you would have to say that about Austin/Rock matches. And they are called finishers for a reason; both men want to end the match. Anyway, this is still pun intended, phenomenal. ****3/4

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
08. WWE WrestleMania 32 - Triple Threat Match for the Women's Championship: Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte (w/Ric Flair) (c)

Poor Becky she gets her normal entrance, while Sasha gets her cousin Snoop and the woman that sings her song to rap her entrance for her; Sasha debuts her “Eddie inspired” attire, Charlotte who has yet to find her thicccness, but at least she has a robe which is made from Flair’s Mania 24 robe :mark: Real quick start, they have a good balance of all three mixing it up, before getting it down to 1on1 for brief moments. Nice teases with the 1on1 too, the interactions would be no longer than a minute or so before the other woman would intervene. Becky/Charlotte would exchange working over one another body parts; Charlotte works the knee while Becky would target the arm. But every time Sasha would try to get back in she would immediately get thrown back out; Sasha I swear is gonna cripple herself on one of her dive attempts someday and it’s gonna be a sad day, she does for a suicide dive but her feet hit the top rope, luckily Charlotte is so tall that when she hits her they both roll through it. She begins arguing with Ric, but she sees Becky and pulls him towards her and he gets taken out would a dive of her own. Not to be out done, Charlotte hits a top rope moonsault to the floor wiping out both women. Back in, all 3 women trade submissions but get cut off by the lone woman. All 3 battle up top, with Becky hitting the lassplex off the top, Sasha then hits the bank statement in the ring, but Charlotte throws her out and applies the figure eight, Sasha tries to crawl back in but Flair grabs her legs stopping her and Becky has no choice but to tap out. This was solid, but WWE have it ranked way too high I get why that put if because the whole woman matter, it’s the debut of the Woman’s title, also this was the best match at mania so they have to add a mania match. But Sasha and Charlotte's matches that come after this are way better than this. ***1/2

ZRzEpXx.gif

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ric Flairs WM 24 robe is in the Smithsonian......You can't lie to me WWE.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
07. WWE RAW 21/11/2016 - No Disqualification Match for the WWE Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens (c) (Chris Jericho is banned from ringside)

They waste no time going right into the big moves and introducing weapons. Owens gets the advantage with a chair shot to Seth’s back and proceeds to hit moves inflicting punishment towards it, Sadly Seth doesn’t really sell it, and completely forgets about it during his comeback. The thing I don’t like about rewatching and reviewing Raw matches these days is the commercials really hurt the feel and the flow of the match, and it really shows here. So the first commercial happens and that’s when Owens takes over but we don’t see it fine, but the 2nd one during the commercial Seth is put through a table and Owens hits his cannon ball into Seth who is up against the barricades. Back to live, Seth misses the Frog Splash, which allows Owens to hit another cannon ball but this time he has a chair on Seth’s chest. Seth comes back with a counter back dropping Owens onto chairs for two. Both men battle for position on the top rope, but Seth slips out and hits Owens with a running bucklebomb through a table set up in the corner for two. They brawl through the crowd, and Owens goes for a powerbomb n the concrete but Seth grabs the safety rails and climbs to the top of one of the entrant tunnel, he then dives off whipping out Owens; they brawl back to ringside and Seth again goes for another dive but a fan in a Sin Cara mask attacks him, Seth fights back and rips off his mask revealing it’s CHRIS JERICHO :lmao Corey tries to cover it up by saying he’s not at ringside instead he’s in the universe lol, but that not’s the funniest part, so I wanna say maybe a week or a few days ago before this it was reported that Jericho and Cara got into a backstage fight, so Jericho wearing a Cara mask attacking someone it pretty hilarious to me. Anyway, Jericho tries to jump off the rails but Seth catches him with a boot and hits the pedigree on the floor. That allows Owens to hit the Powerbomb onto the apron and covers for the win. A really good match which was only hurt by the commercial placement, hopefully, WWE release it someday in full cause I would love to see it. ***3/4 - ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
06. WWE No Mercy - Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Championship: Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena vs. AJ Styles (c)

So WWE has the WWE championship match open the show. I don’t think WWE ever gave a real explanation why? But if my memory is correct, they were either shook of the Sunday Night Football game or Trump was on TV later saying some Trump things, now if they would have had Dolph/Miz close with the match and story they had, I would have had no problem like I said in that review but they didn’t, instead Bray/Orton fuckery closed. WWE further the unorthodox start to the night, they have all 3 wrestlers come out then they air the video package. AJ/Cena gets the bulk of the cheers and no one chants for Dean lol. Nice start all 3 go right at it, they do eventually go to the 1on1 with the other on the floor but it’s not a long time; constant action and not one person can fully gain control of the match, as someone would come in and intervene. We get some AJ/Cena goodness, as they use some of the spots from the SSlam match, as Dean would occasionally get in and hit some stuff but he would get sent back to the floor allowing the two best in the world to go at it. We do get Dean/AJ though and in a nice counter, Dean counters a ‘Rana with a roll through off the top for a two count. Cena makes his return and nails AJ with an AA but Styles smartly rolls out and drops to the floor, he then hits Dean with one but he manages to kick out. Cena then locks in the STF, but AJ breaks it up. AJ then kicks it up into a new gear first by hitting an apron suplex on Cena, then hitting a 450 in the ring on Dean for two. He hits a Styles Clash but Cena runs back in and applies the STF to Cena, and in a nice spot Dean grabs AJ’s hand stopping him from tapping and forcing Cena to break the hold. The match turns into everyone countering and reversing the first move, but would hit a big move for two. They all knew each other so well that they were ready with counter after counter. There was a moment where Dean and Cena had a calf cutter and STF applied at the same time, causing AJ to tap out. Of course, that couldn’t end the match because there must be one winner in a triple threat match, so things continued. Cena would hit Ambrose with the AA off the top but AJ laid him out with a steel chair and covers for the win. This is sorta refreshing as triple threat matches are usually just two guys in while one rests outside. And sure it happens in this, but for the most part, all three men were consistently involved. Great opening match, arguably the 3rd best opener in WWE history behind HHH/Bryan at Mania XXX and Bret/Owen Mania X. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
05. WWE Cruiserweight Classic 10/08/2016 – Second Round March: Kota Ibushi vs. Cedric Alexander

Some awesome crisp counter wrestling to start, but as Ibushi feels Cedric is starting to win what he started he comes off with a big shoulder tackle for separation. Both men continue to battle over arm position then flawlessly pick up the pace into counter moves. Cedric smartly puts his weight advantage and amateur wrestling skills to use by trying to wear down Ibushi with a headlock, but he starts getting cocky and that allows Ibushi to counter out and nail him with a nasty kick to the chest. He misses the golden triangle moonsault to the floor, which allows Cedric to hit the tope con hilo to the floor. Back in a flying clothesline gets two, the strikes in this sound nasty and look even nastier e.g. Cedric chops Ibushi in the FUCKIN’ FACE! As a recite for Ibushi doing it to him earlier; They even made you believe that it could end in a time limit draw for a moment as Mauro brings it up, Ibushi then busts out a fuckin’ golden triangle moonsault off the top and connects, he near falls towards the end of the match are perfectly done, I love the snap Michinoku Driver and the nasty brainbuster Cedric did, I’ll tell you what the crowd being hot and biting for everything along with the facial expressions after the kick outs are awesome. Cedric makes the mistake of going to the top and taking too long to jump off which allows Ibushi to regroup He hits a quick German suplex, another kick and finishes off with the Golden Star powerbomb for the win. The “please sign Cedric” chants, So TripsGod comes out and says yes. That ego :mark: Anyway that match is amazing, the slow build to the hot finish, I legit bit on some of the near falls even though I knew who won, gave me Goosebumps. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
04. WWE Battleground - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Everyone knows the story by know, great friends, now enemies. You gotta love how WWE took their Indy feud and just kept it going in WWE. But they didn’t have them come in as friends, yeah we had that brief amazing moment after Sami won the title on nXt just to have Owens turn on him immediately after, but it wasn’t the slow tag team run then turn. But since then, Owens beat Sami for the title, to further and fuel to the feud Owens further injured Sami’ arm in the rematch, that was originally injured in Sami’s Raw debut against USGawd Cena. Oh, you know who else debuted against Cena? Owens' did? Later in the year at the 2016 Rumble Sami made his return and eliminated Owens from the Rumble, then at Mania in a multi-man ladder match Sami cost Owens his IC championship, and the same in the MITB case at the MITB PPV. This was billed as the end of the rivalry match, last time we will see it, well then they both got drafted to the same show RAW :lmao Little bonus, Sami was picked ahead of Owens to further spark this feud. Now time for the match; Right off the bat they go to the callback spot at the 4 way IC match, but this time Owens has the Helluva Kick at the opening bell scouted and bails to the floor, I’m already marking. Good back and forth action, until Owens takes out Sami’s knee crotching him on top of the top rope, that allows Owens to take over beating Sami down. Owens loudness and taLking shit during headlocks are the best; some of the simplest yet corniest things make me laugh e.g. the ref asks do you want to give it up Sami, and Owen’s response is yes he does. A scary moment came when Sami tried a springboard moonsault and landed badly on his previous injured shoulder. Brilliantly, they worked it into the story when Owens attacked it, which makes me think if it was a botch or part of the story or do they know one another so well that Owens saw the botch and tries to cover it up by going to target the arm. Who knows, but I’m glad they did. Both men go back and forth with big moves and counters, Sami selling the arm the entire time :mark: Sami counters a senton of the apron into a FUCKIN’ BRAINBUSTER ONTO THE FUCKIN’ RING APRON AND THE SOUND OF OWENS LANDING WAS FUCKIN’ NASTY! Owens manages to break the count and rolls in at nine. Sami even selling during his punches to start before they go into the punch off was awesome, another awesome spot is Sami goes for the tornado DDT between the ring post and ropes but Owens superkicks him, he not down with Sami still up against the ring post. Owens cannon balls him and Sami hits right off the post. Owens still isn’t done as he connects with a frog splash for two, There were so many great callback spots, counter spots, and just sequences, I love that Sami didn’t kick out of the pop-up powerbomb instead he just survives by putting his foot under the bottom rope (which I think is super underused today) The emotion and story and the story of towards the finishing stretch is fantastic, Owens shouting for his former best friend to “STAY DOWN”, only for Sami to catch him in two suplexes was great. Even better was Sami stopping to close his eyes and take in the Helluva Kick, even better is when Owens is dead weight and is using Sami’s body just to hold him up CALLBACK TO WHEN OWENS TURNED ON HIM! SAMI THEN HITS A SECOND HELLUVA KICK AND PINS OWENS FINALLY! AMAZING! This is why I love wrestling, this is what keeps me coming back for the stories for the emotions the callback to previous moments; everything clicked here, no moves were wasted. Just an unbelievable way to end the feud, and send both men down a new path, Where Owens is now the WWE Universal champion in a great run with Jericho, while Sami is being emasculated every week. But at least he’s showing he’s possibly the best wrestler in the world. I’m one of the few people that have no problem watching these two every night; I just won’t ever say fight forever. THIS TOPS AJ/CENA!!!!! ****3/4

IhTClYx.gif
Qs5A5zM.gif
Xivz0Hm.gif
al3WsgB.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
03. WWE RAW 25/07/2016 – WWE RAW Women's Championship: Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair (c)

This is the first RAW of the brand split, and I remember because I’m sure it was the only time Raw has been better than Smackdown. Sasha earned this match by making Charlotte tap out in a tag match 24 hours ago; awesome great aggressive lockup they take it to the mat before Charlotte uses her strength advantage to push her off. About a minute in Dana gets involved, but the ref just gives her a warning, Sasha hits a modified backstabber and locking in this great looking straightjacket hold. Sasha continues to use her speed and almost locks in the bank statement but Charlotte escapes. They go back and forth with both countering the others main moves until Charlotte knocks her off the ring apron and delivers a nasty boot to the face and the back of her head knocks into the ringside barricade. Sasha smartly pulls an Eddie by framing her, by throwing the Woman’s title into her hands just in time for the ref to catch her almost hitting her. When we return from commercial we see Charlotte gained the advantage with a boot to the midsection, before Sasha makes her comeback. She almost breakers her neck on a fuckin suicide dive to the floor, it’s the Lita/Trish spot all over again. Minutes later Charlotte busts out her moonsault to the floor; back in the natural selection gets two, so Charlotte tries to lock in figure eight but can’t lock it in so while she has the hold locking in she drops to the drops to the floor; Sasha locks in the banks statement but Charlotte fights out, she then manages to hit the back stabber and locks it in one more time and Charlotte is forced to tap. Really good match, but it doesn’t hold up, it’s a great moment don’t get me wrong, but no one really sold the moves but they did, however, sell the desperation of trying to win and when someone kicked out or escaped how deflated they felt, so I give them that. I really wanna go back and watch the other matches to see if they hold up. ***3/4

jPQlKsX.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
02. NXT TakeOver Dallas - Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn

I caught feels when Sami came down to the ring, as there were reports that this was his last night, I caught, even more, feelings when Nakamura made his debut with that theme song and entrance. The look on Sami’s face as he takes in is the look, I think we all had watching this at the time, it’s the unknown the excitement of about what’s about to happen. There’s just something about Nakamura’s entrance it gives me butterfly’s. I said the Revival/Alpha match from this show is one of the few that I’ve gone back and watched, well this is at the top of my list, I’ve watched it about 9 times since it’s aired and it never lets me down. Everything is in place, the talent and the crowd are live from bell to bell. Good feeling out process, which at first Sami is like yeah this is cool but as he starts to get one up and shown up he begins to get visibly frustrated. But not to be outdone, Sami comes back and when he wins on the mat Nakamura goes to the knees and series of different kicks. The match begins to pick up as they go to more of a striking match up, which is won by Nakamura and would be Sami’s first mistake; Nakamura’s knee strikes in this are phenomenal, a great moment happens when Sami hits the no hands dive to the floor, but instead of soaking up the crowd appreciation he quickly rolls Nakamura in and hits a crossbody off the top for two. AWESOME! Exchange of forearms between the two, with Nakamura’s nose being busted up, that would lead to some heated exchanges and some real dickish cheap shots from him like stomping on his head. Sami’s counter out of the triangle choke just to return the favor with boots to the head, and he further gives Nakamura recipes with kicking him in the head while he was up against the ropes. Sami’s selling up a step up enziguri was great as he stumbles around tries to use the ropes to hold himself up, but like a drunk man, he just crumples to the floor like a sack of potatoes. The finishing stretch is super hot, you know you have the fans in the palm of your hands when they bite on the blue thunder bomb; yeah deezy, they bought it. Sami goes for the tornado DDT but is meet with a Nakamura kick, they continue to battle and fight out of everything until Nakamura hits a sick knee to the back of Sami’s head and hits the Kinshasa for the win. After the match; Nakamura offers his hand and Sami is clearly disappointed and looks like he doesn’t want to. But in the end, they shake and hug. Nakamura leaves and lets SAMI have his final moment in nXt. This is probably the greatest debut match in wrestling history and is a perfect way to pass the torch from Sami to Nakamura; it would happen later in the year in a Finn/Nakamura match which would cement him as the top guy in nXt for the year. Nakamura came off looking like a star, while Zayn went toe to toe with the strong striker and added so much to this match, everything just clicked. ****3/4

CWjQtzo.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
So down to the last match, I'm 100% sure you guys can guess what it is.