WWE 2008 Drastic Measures

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rydog10

Reaction score
Backstory

A very successful Wrestlemania XXIV ended with Undertaker winning his 6th World Title after a grueling match with Edge in the Main Event. The fans began to file out of the arena happy after a pleasing end to the event, and the commentators had already signed off, when suddenly, ‘No Chance’ hit the speakers. As fans stopped in their tracks and heads turned, out strutted Vince McMahon, to the surprise of those who thought that the show was over. He walked to the end of the ramp, up the steps and entered the ring through the ropes before requesting a microphone. He scans the arena, smirks, and begins to speak.

Vince: What a show, huh!?

The crowd pops for what they have just seen and Vince smiles

Vince: Vincent Kennedy McMahon pulls it out of the bag again!

No real reaction here bar a few scattered boos. Suddenly, Vince’s face changes. The smile disappears and it is replaced with a very serious look.

Vince: But it wasn’t good enough. The truth is, I’m ashamed at the moment. Ashamed of MY product. We’ve been losing viewers, and therefore money, for quite some time. Ratings aren’t a patch on what they were 5 years ago. Matches aren’t as exciting, there’s not enough good wrestling, there’s too much mediocre talent draining the resources, and there’s one crappy brand which not only wastes my money but is also proving to be a waste of time.

An image is shown of WWE talent gathered around monitors backstage, looking at each other with confused looks etched on their faces.

Vince: So I’ve decided it’s time for some big changes. We’re gonna get my company thriving again. And the changes start on Monday Night Raw tomorrow night, when ALL WWE Superstars will be present…..for a complete re-draft.

The crowd cheers for this always exciting news.

Vince: That’s right, every single WWE Superstar is up for grabs by the two brands. ‘Why two brands?’ you might very well ask. Because ECW is no more, that’s why. As of now, the brand is disbanded and it’s a good job Chavo Guerrero didn’t defend his championship tonight because that will now be retired.

Some sections of the crowd cheer for this whilst others appear to be shocked.

Vince: In fact it’s also a good job that the two Tag-Team Titles, the US Title and the Intercontinental Title weren’t defended tonight. All four titles have lost prestige over the last couple of years, so all four will be vacated and it’ll be a new and more prestigious start for them. Furthermore, costs will be cut by releasing what I deem to be mediocre talent who are sitting around costing the company money yet doing nothing to warrant appearances on RAW, SmackDown! or Pay-Per-Views. I will be speaking to certain Superstars and announcements will be made in due course.

The watching Superstars backstage are shown again and some, namely those who have had their titles taken away, lose their tempers. Some begin to walk away from the monitors with blank looks on their faces, some are speechless, some seem pleased - there is a real mix of emotions.

Vince: I thought I’d leave this till after Wrestlemania in order to let you all experience the biggest show on earth before enforcing all of these necessary changes at the start of the new WWE year. I know many members of the WWE family will be pissed off at such a sudden and unexpected change in circumstances, but I’m afraid it was necessary. I will NOT allow my baby to go down the pan and here begins a new era in World Wrestling Entertainment. Thank You for watching and make sure you all tune into RAW tomorrow night and watch history being made. Goodnight!

The camera fades out and the WWE logo appears briefly on screen as Wrestlemania draws to a close.

Finally…
There are no rosters at the moment following Vince McMahon’s announcements and the new roster lists will be posted up after RAW.

BACKLASH, April 27 2008, 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, MD
JUDGEMENT DAY, May 18 2008, Qwest Arena, Omaha, NE
ONE NIGHT STAND, June 1 2008, San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, CA
NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS, June 29 2008, American Airlines, Dallas, TX
GREAT AMERICAN BASH, July 20 2008, Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
SUMMERSLAM, August 17 2008, Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
UNFORGIVEN, September 7 2008, Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
NO MERCY, October 5 2008, Rose Garden, Portland, OR
CYBER SUNDAY, October 26 2008, Us Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ
SURVIVOR SERIES, November 23 2008, TD Banknorth Arena, Boston, MA
ARMAGEDDON, December 21 2008, HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY
ROYAL RUMBLE, date TBA, arena and city TBA
NO WAY OUT, date TBA, arena and city TBA
WRESTLEMANIA XXV, April 5 2009, Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX

Notes: All PPVS will be a production of both Raw and Smackdown.

WrestleMania 24 Results

BunnyMania Lumberjack Match
Beth Phoenix & Melina def. Ashley & Maria

SmackDown vs. Raw
Batista def. Umaga

ECW Championship Match
Kane def. Chavo Guerrero ©

CM Punk wins the Money In The Bank

Belfast Brawl
John Bradshaw Layfield def. Finlay

Career Threatening Match
Shawn Michaels def. Ric Flair

The Greatest Fighter In The World vs. The Tallest Athlete In The World
Floyd ‘The Money’ Mayweather def. The Big Show

World Heavyweight Championship Match
The Undertaker def. Edge

WWE Championship
Randy Orton def. John Cena & Triple H

Switchy

Reaction score
Cool little speech there by Vinnie Mac and it sounds like he means business lol. Can't wait to see who you have kept and who you haven't when you post the roster and I'm surprised you axed the ECW title there and then. I would've at least unified it with the WWE title myself. Anyway man good to have you back (yes, I remember you, even if others don't) and check out WWE: Era of '08 if you have time.

rydog10

Reaction score
i'm glad to be back

Originally Posted by WWE.com
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars:

Val Venis, Matt Striker, Jamie Noble, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Deuce, Domino, Jillian Hall, Layla, Jesse, Festus, Funaki, Shannon Moore, Cherry, Maryse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Colin Delaney, Hornswoggle, Nunzio, Super Crazy and Stevie Richards.

We wish all the aforementioned Superstars the very best in all their future endeavors.

More releases might follow shortly.

Switchy

Reaction score
damn, can't say I agree with some of those realeases (mainly Hornswoggle lol) but I'm not going to say no more because I got rid of Rey and Y2J in mine. I wonder who else will get released ("might" is usually a "will" in BTB world lol).

rydog10

Reaction score
RAW PREVIEW

WWE RAW explodes out of the Amway Arena in Orlando, Fl. off the back of an explosive WrestleMania XXIV!

Randy Orton sneakily left WrestleMania with an unexpected win over Triple H and John Cena in their Triple Threat match and with his WWE Title reign intact. What will the reigning champion have to say to his doubters on RAW Monday night, and what will Triple H and John Cena have to do next in their quest for world championship gold? Will they even be on the same brand after RAW?

Beth Phoenix overcame a terrier-like Mickie James last night to retain her Women’s Title. These two have been at each other’s throats for months. Was this Mickie’s last chance? You can be sure that she won’t think so.

In other big match-ups, Shawn Michaels finally retired Ric Flair at WrestleMania. Was that really the last time we’ll see the Nature Boy compete in the squared circle? Big Show also managed to defeat the greatest fighter on earth in Floyd Mayweather Jr., who was unable to follow up on his promise to KO Show and succumbed to a mammoth chokeslam. What direction will the big man go in next?

No match-ups are planned as yet due to the whole company being up in the air following Vince McMahon’s shocking announcement last night. Be sure to tune into RAW on Monday night 9/8 CT, where all questions are sure to be answered. One thing is for sure - World Wrestling Entertainment will be a very different place after Monday night.

Qwake

Looks a like a pretty good and well set up BTB I will check out your first show and see what its like...

(damn you got rid of Jamie Noble, Matt Striker and my fav jobber funaki) :D

Check out YTW if you want...

Edit: btw, I just saw that you posted heaps of little news things round the same time, next time you should have them seperated by a bit of time, just if you want though it might help.

rydog10

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I didn't want to make my first post packed with all this info so i just split it up. But i will post Raw tomorrow sometime. Thanks again and stay tuned.

rydog10

Reaction score
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
March 31 2008

We are shown a video package highlighting what happened at Wrestlemania XXIV the previous night, played in slow motion to classical music, emphasizing the stature of the event. Highlights and the finish to each match are shown in turn, including HBK/Ric Flair, Big Show/Mayweather and both title bouts. The tone of the music, however, changes to something more ominous at the end of the package, however, when highlights of Vince McMahon’s ground-breaking announcement are shown.

When the video ends, “Want To Be Loved†is played along with the RAW opening video package, before the camera cuts to the arena where and elaborate pyro display takes place. The usual sight of fans on their feet cheering and waving banners greets us as Jim Ross and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler welcome us to the show.

JR: Welcome to Monday Night RAW folks! And what a night this could prove to be King!
King: Too right JR! I can’t believe the announcement that Mr. McMahon made at WrestleMania last night….things are certainly going to change around here!
JR: You’re too right they are King. That’s right folks, tonight sees Mr. McMahon’s superdr…..

Just as JR is speaking, ‘No Chance’ hit’s the speaker system and Vince McMahon appears from under the titantron, kicking off tonight’s show. McMahon struts to the ring with his exaggerated stride, looking around the arena and smiling, whilst the crowd try to decide whether they should cheer or boo.

JR: Well, here we go, Mr. McMahon is out straight away to kick this thing off.
King: I can’t wait JR!

He climbs the steel steps and enters the ring between the ropes and then walks to the other side to request a microphone. Once he has possession of one, he doesn’t delay in bringing it to his mouth to speak.

Vince: Looking around this arena, I’m delighted to see so many of you here for this historic
night!

The crowd pops for his acknowledgement of them.

Vince: Well as you all know, I made my announcement last night. I shook the entire foundation of this company with that announcement, and my feelings haven’t changed one iota. So without further ado, let me bring out the General Managers of RAW and SmackDown! to kick this thing off!

The crowd boo heavily as William Regal and Vickie Guerrero hurriedly make their way down the ramp and climb the steps to enter the ring. Both have beaming smiles of anticipation etched across their faces as Vince McMahon hands each one a microphone.

Vince: You’re excited, huh!?

Vince smiles as he looks from Vickie to Regal as both smile back at him.

Vickie: Yes Mr. McMahon! This is a huge opportunity for us, there’s so much talent to choose from!

Regal: Of course sir. It is an honor to be a part of such a monumental moment in wrestling history.

Vince: Well that’s great. But let me ask you, Mr. Regal. Do you honestly think you’ve done a good job as General manager of RAW?

Regal’s smile disappears instantly.

Regal: Well sir, I….I think that….I…..

Vince: What about you Vickie?

Vickie just stares back at Vince, shocked and speechless.

Vince: Ya know, ratings are down and to be frank, the buck has to stop with both of you. The booking has been bad, viewship is down, merchandise sales are down…

Regal: Mr. McMahon, I think I can…

Vince gets right into Regal’s face, finally exploding.

Vince: SHUT UP!

Regal recoils in shock.

Vince: The truth is, I can’t trust you two anymore. I CAN’T LET MY COMPANY GET INTO THAT STATE AGAIN, AND I CAN’T ACCEPT THE FALL FROM GRACE! With that in mind, I’d like to say to you both…

The crowd sing along and finish Vince’s sentence before he has a chance to.

Vince: YOOOUUUU’RE FIIIIIRED! Now get the hell out of my ring, both of you. Get!

Vince walks towards the former GMs, forcing them to retreat out of the ring. Regal stares at Vince in anger as he walks up the ramp whilst Vickie is in tears. Both disappear behind the curtain.

Vince: Well, that was fun!

The crowd cheers.

Vince: Now lets focus on the title situation, there is only 3 title holders, that is the WWE, World Heavyweight and the Women’s, so that means whoever drafts Randy Orton, The Undertaker and Beth Phoenix will receive the title they hold. So the IC, U.S. and both Tag titles are now vacant, wait just wait, the former ECW title will be now turned back into the Hardcore Championship with the 24/7 rule intact. But that belt can be held on either Smackdown or Raw but now let me introduce the new General Managers .

Vince: Ya know, I’ve learnt never to trust anyone who isn’t a McMahon with something so important in my company. RAW, my flagship show, my baby…has suffered. And there’s only one man who can ensure that the high standard of the show is maintained, that man is … me, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

The crowd pops again at this announcement, seemingly on Vince’s side.

Vince: You might also be wondering who I could possibly charge with running SmackDown. You don’t have long to wait. That person is here tonight. Allow me to introduce the NEW General Manager of SmackDown!

Vince enthusiastically thrusts his arms up and out towards the titantron to welcome the new GM of SmackDown. ‘Here Comes The Money’ rings out and the crowd are on their feet straight away, realising who it is and loving it.

Shane O’Mac appears from behind the curtain, dressed in a Versace suit much like that of his father, doing his trademark dance and skip across the top of the ramp and taking in the adulation of the fans. Shane walks down the ramp, occasionally stopping to dance again, before jumping up onto the apron of the ring and climbing through the ropes into the ring. He immediately hugs his father before relieving him of his microphone. He takes in the cheers for a second longer before starting to speak.

Shane: Shane O’Mac’s back baby!

The crowd pops as Shane smiles.

Shane: I’m delighted to be the new GM of SmackDown. It was time for some changes around here and it was up to my dad and me to enforce them. No-one knows how this company works better than the McMahons and rest assured that you will be seeing some quality entertainment from now on, on both shows, as a result of the hard work of my father and me.

The crowd chant “Shane O’Mac!, Shane O’Mac!â€

Shane: Now I believe we were going to have a match to determine who got the draft pick.

Shane covers his mic and leans towards his dad, but you can still hear him ask “that right, dad?â€. Vince nods.

Shane: OK, we’ve both picked a Superstar to represent us and the winner wins the first draft pick for his nominator. Let’s get this started!

Shane and Vince both leave the ring and head up to the ramp.

King: Wow JR, what a way to kick off RAW tonight - both GMs fired!
JR: They were obviously deemed surplus to requirements, King. Mr. McMahon wanted a fresh start.
King: Yeah. I didn’t like that Regal anyway…

Vince: Ladies and Gentlemen representing Raw will be …

Santino Marella’s music hits as he makes his way to the ring as Shane tries and holds his laughter in …

Shane: Nice pick, father … representing Smackdown is …

Jeff Hardy’s music hits as he makes his way to the ring

Shane looks at his father … shrugs as the both head to the back …

1st Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Santino Marella
Winner wins first draft pick for whoever he is representing

Before the match can start, Santino can’t help but say his piece on the microphone. Jeff stands patiently in the corner.

Santino: Jeff-a Hardon, who are you? You think-a that the fans-a they like-a you? WRONG! I am-a the new Hardy Boy. I can-a do your moves, I can paint-a some nice pictures. The fans-a, they no like you anymore. They come to see the new high-flier, me, Santino Marella! I will-a show you my fancy moves and win-a the first draft pick for RAW!

Jeff can’t take the crap any longer and doesn’t hesitate in taking Santino down with a clothesline. Santino is up quickly and takes a swing at Jeff, but Jeff ducks and gets in a couple of right hands himself before whipping Santino against the ropes and performing a drop toe-hold when Santino comes back. Santino clutches his face and rolls onto his back allowing Jeff to grab his legs double-leg leg drop him to the crotch. Santino writhes for a minute before getting up and takes another swing at Hardy, missing again, before Jeff does a sit-out jaw breaker to floor Santino. Jeff goes for the pin. 1...2...Santino kicks out. Santino still seems to be grounded, so Jeff goes up top for a Swanton Bomb. He taunts the crowd before flying off of the top turnbuckle, only to have Santino move out of the way! Both men slowly get to their feet. Once there, Jeff runs at Santino, but Santino dodges again, and Jeff stops just short of crashing into the referee. Both men our down as well as the ref, Santino slowly starts to get up, as Hardy gets up a second later as we hear music in the background and its ….

Randy Orton. The WWE Champion runs down the ramp slides in the ring an hit’s the RKO on Jeff Hardy. He tells Santino to pin, as Orton pulls the ref over 1 … 2 … 3. Mr. McMahon gets the first pick for Raw, as Santino gets up and starts to run around the ring with joy.

Winner: Santino Marella via pinfall @ 6.42
RAW gains the first draft pick of the night.

Vince McMahon music hits as he comes out to the podium.
Vince: With the 1st pick of the WWE Draft Raw selects: WWE Champion Randy Orton.

Orton gives a slick grin as Santino yells at the crowd, but once he turns around he is hit with an RKO and the crowd cheers.

- Commercial -

We return to see Shane McMahon standing at the podium.

Shane: With the first selection for Smackdown … I choose … The World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker.

The Crowd pops as we hear Vince McMahon’s music as he rushes to the podium

Vince: With the second selection for the Raw brand Vince McMahon chooses … Edge.

King: Wow, the Rated-R Superstar is heading back to Raw.

Shane walks right up to the podium.

Shane: Well lets not wait much longer, Smackdown second selection is … The King of Kings … HHH.

We then head to the back as Todd Grisham is with HHH.

Todd: HHH you just heard you have been drafted to Smackdown what are your thoughts …

HHH: Well, I’m very pleased to be headed to Smackdown but lets face there is only one thing on my mind and that is wearing championship gold. Last night, I was so close to holding the WWE Championship but Randy Orton came from nowhere to take the victory away from me. Quite frankly, I would do anything to get one more shot …

Orton walks up

Orton: Well that’s to bad Hunter. Because now your on Smackdown and you will never get another shot at this title or myself. I’m the WWE Champion and you cant do nothing about it, their wont be any rematch tonight or never, you will just have to face it that the better man came out on top once and for all …

Orton walks off …

- Commercial -

We returned to see both General Managers at the podium

J.R: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome back as both Raw and Smackdown have two men on their rosters and we our about to see 4 more men selected.

With the 3rd selection for Raw , we select … Chris Jericho

Crowd Pops

With the 3rd selection for Smackdown , I select … John Cena

Crowd boo’s.

Vince: And one more thing comes to mind … for one of the Main Events tonight we will have the team of John Cena and HHH versus WWE Champion Randy Orton and the Samoan Bulldozer … Umaga.

Vince: Lets get back to the draft, the 4th selection for Raw is … The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels …

Shane looks on with frustration.

Shane: The 4th selection for Smackdown is Jeff Hardy.

Both GM’s exit as we hear John Morrison’s music hit.

J.R: The Top superstars in the business are falling fast off the draft boards. But the next match should be a dandy

King: That’s right J.R, John Morrison will have his hands full with raws newest selection Shawn Michaels …

HBK’s music hits as he makes his way to the ring.

Match 2-
John Morrison vs. Shawn Michaels

Both men stare down each other as they circle the ring before the lock up in the middle, Morrison goes for a quick head lock but HBK counters by sending Morrison off the ropes … Morrison bounces off the ropes as he goes under an HBK clothesline… Morrison keeps going as he bounces off the ropes again but this time Hbk hit’s a flying forearm. Both men get up quickly. Hbk connects with a right hand … and another as Morrison stumbles in the corner, HBK continues on the attack as he connects with right hand after right hand, when Morrison is finally knocked all the way to the bottom turnbuckle, the ref finally breaks it up as HBK jumps back and yells to the crowd. Morrison struggles to his feet and HBK walks back over but gets hit with a boot to the face by Morrison. Morrison slowly hit’s a right hand to the mid section, then connects with another and then swings HBK around and sends him to the corner. HBK crashes into the turnbuckle … Morrison looks to connect with a clothesline but HBK ducks as Morrison runs into the turnbuckle once he turns around he is hit with Sweet Chin Music. HBK goes for the cover 1 … 2 … Morrison kicks out. HBK cant believe it. He slowly gets up looks around the arena in disbelief. HBK walks over to Morrison pulls him up slowly but Morrison connects with a low blow which the ref could not see. He slowly gets up and starts to pound away on Michaels. He pulls HBK up by the hair and both men lock up as Michael sends Morrison off the ropes but he counters, as Morrison jumps off the middle rope and connects with a springboard kick to Michaels head. Morrison heads towards the corner, he climbs the turnbuckle standing at the top waiting for Michaels to get up. Once Michaels gets to his feet, Morrison jumps off looking for a two-handed smash to the head but HBK counters with Sweet Chin Music. He goes for the pin 1 … 2 … Morrison kicks out some how. HBK can not belief it. He lays on the mat for a moment, and slowly gets up and heads to the corner. He starts to tune up the band for one more Sweet Chin Music. After a few moments, Morrison finally gets up and HBK connects with a 3rd Sweet Chin Music. He covers Morrison, 1 .. 2 .. 3.

Winner: Shawn Michaels via pinfall @ 12:24

- Commercial -

J.R. During the break we saw Shawn Michaels being a stand up guy.

Video: Shawn Michaels pulls up John Morrison and offers his hand. Morrison wait’s a little bit and finally shakes. HBK exits as Morrison holds his chin and looks on.

King: That is one of the reasons why HBK is the best at what he does. He knows Morrison showed great courage and fought off two Sweet Chin Music …

J.R: But 3 super kicks is to much as Shawn Michaels picks up the victory, but now Todd Grisham is backstage with John Morrison.

Todd: Great match John, why did you shake Shawn Michaels hand, that is somewhat unlike you …

John: It was a good match and he is one of the best wrestlers of all time. If someone like him does something like that, you don’t reject it.

Shawn Michaels walks up.

HBK: Kid, I have seen a lot of things in my lifetime and the fight and determination you just showed me was something else. You change your attitude towards the fans and others, you could be one of the best wrestlers in the business. If you want to be the best, your going to have to learn a thing or two, and I’m willing to teach you. So go home find a new outfit and get back at me next week with your answer …

HBK walks off as Morrison is left standing and pondering …

We now go to the stage as Mr. McMahon is about the make Raw’s next pick.

With the 5th pick for Raw the selection will be Mr. Kennedy

J.R: Well folks coming up next we will have an ol’ slobber-knocker, it will be Smackdown newest talent John Cena and HHH taking on the WWE Champion Randy Orton and the Samoan Bulldozer Umaga.

- Commercial -

We are backstage to see Shane and Vince going over something’s as Edge slams the door open …

Edge: I want my title back …

Shane: First off, who do you think you are, I don’t care what you want show us some respect …

Vince: Ok, Edge, calm down n talk

Edge: That World Heavyweight title belt should be around my waist, and since I got drafted to Raw, I wont be getting any more chances at the belt …

Vince: Okay, If Shane is okay with jeopardizing the World Heavyweight Title, you will have your match, Shane …

Shane: I have my faith in the Undertaker …

Vince: Well then that’s, that … tonight as the Main Event will be Edge vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship, o and Edge you come in my office like that again, I will make sure I make you laugh a living hell
…

We hear all 4 participates in the tag match music hit and all 4 make their way down to the ring separately.

Match 3
HHH/Cena vs. Orton/Umaga

HHH will let Cena start the match as the tension between the two is evident. Umaga will start as well as both men circle the ring and tie up. Umaga gets on the attack early by connecting with a shot to Cena’s throat. He bounces off the ropes as Umaga connects with a right hand, Cena bounces off the ropes again and Umaga connects with another right hand, this time around Umaga sends Cena across the ring … off the ropes and connects with a clothesline. Cena goes crashing down to the mat, as Umaga screams. Umaga walks over and tags Orton in. Orton walks around Cena, sizing him up, he pulls him up and drops to a knee to connect with an uppercut. Orton goes for the cover, 1 … Cena kicks out. Orton drags Cena over to the corner as he tags Umaga in, both men start to pound away on Cena, sending him in a sitting position on the turnbuckle. Orton walks backwards as the ref tells him to exit but instead he runs over towards HHH and connects with a cheap shot right hand and finally exit’s the ring. This gives Umaga time to walk to the other corner … he attempts for a running splash but Cena rolls out of the ring just in time and connects with a right hand to Orton sending him crashing to the floor. By that time Umaga walks over to the ropes but Cena grabs his feet and trips him, sending Umaga to the mat. Cena slides in and takes off to tag HHH in. HHH runs in and connects with a clothesline to Umaga, Orton gets in the ring and gets hit with another clothesline. Umaga gets up slowly only to get another clothesline, and once Orton gets up he gets hit with a spine buster. HHH gets up flexes and screams to the crowd but once he turns around he ducks a clothesline from Umaga and sends him off the ropes and connects with a flying knee. Orton meanwhile, rolls out of the ring and sits up on the ring apron. HHH walks to pull Umaga up but he counters and sends HHH off the ropes, Cena meanwhile tags himself in, as Umaga misses a clothesline … HHH goes off the opposite ring side ropes and connects with a clothesline as Cena connects with a shoulder block to the back of Umaga’s leg. HHH points at Cena as the two stare down each other, HHH pushes Cena away but Cena connects with a right hand. HHH goes stumbling into the ropes as Cena connects with a clothesline sending HHH outside to the floor. Cena then finally turns towards Umaga but at that time Umaga tags in Orton, who is crouching in the middle of the ring waiting patiently for Cena to turn around, and once Cena finally does Orton connects with an RKO. Orton goes for the cover 1 .. 2 .. 3.

Winner: Randy Orton and Umaga via pinfall @ 9:56

After the match Orton and Umaga are celebrating on the stage as HHH finally gets up stares at Orton and then turns and stares down Cena.

- Commerical -

Shane McMahon is at the podium with the 5th selection for Smackdown …

Shane: The 5th pick for Smackdown will be … the Animal Batista.

Vince comes out onto to the stage

Vince: For the 6th 7th and 8th pick for each of the us we will be selecting 3 superstars at a time. We have both selected and agreed upon the selections

Vince: The 3 superstars that will represent Raw will be … John Morrison … CM Punk … and MVP.

Shane: The 3 superstars heading to Smackdown will be … Matt Hardy … Big Show … and the womens champion Beth Phoenix.

J.R: It looks like the women’s championship will be heading to Smackdown.

We go backstage as Todd Grisham is with Batista …

Todd: Batista you are the newest member to the Smackdown brand, what are your thoughts …

Batista: It is a privilege to be back home on Smackdown. With superstars like HHH and John Cena heading to Friday nights, Smackdown should be now be called the A- show . But don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t matter who’s on the roster, no one I mean no one will get in my way of capturing that World Heavyweight Title ...

Batista looks angry as we see Mr. Kennedy walking up

Kennedy: Hello David … First off I have no problem with you but did I just hear you say Smackdown will be the A-show. Who do you think you are by thinking Smackdown will be the top show, huh, I don’t care who got drafted to what show but I do know one thing, and I will speak up for you, Smackdown doesn’t have the best thing that happen to this industry his name is Miiiiiissssssssssssssttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr Kennedy …. Kennedy.

- Commercial -

Maria music hits as she heads to the ring

Beth Phoenix’s music hits as she makes her way to the ring

J.R: You are looking at the newest member of the Smackdown brand, and she is taking her womens title with her.

Match 4-
Beth Phoenix vs. Maria

Both women look to lock up but Maria runs by Phoenix and connects with a kick to the mid-section. Shes on the attack as Maria connects with two rights hands but the women’s champion looks unfazed. As Maria goes for a third right hand Phoenix blocks it and connects with a right hand of her own. Maria goes crashing to the mat. The Glamazon stands over Maria telling her to get up but once Maria gets up she gets picked up as the glamazon runs her into the turnbuckle. If that wasn’t enough, Phoenix shows her strength by picking up Maria over her head. She walks to the middle of the ring and just drops Maria to the mat. The glamazon doesn’t wait long to continue the attack… she pulls Maria up and pulls her in and picks her up looking to connect up a suplex. She shows her strength by holding Maria in the air for 5 - 7 seconds before sending her crashing to the mat. She goes for the cover 1 .. 2 .. 3.

Winner: Beth Phoenix via pinfall 5: 42

Vince McMahon music hits as, himself and Shane come out to make the final two draft picks.

Vince: Ladies and Gentlemen, make sure you check out wwe.com for the results of the supplemental draft to see which superstars goes to which brands. The final two draft picks for Raw are … Umaga … and … Rey Mysterio.

Crowd pops

Shane: The Final Two Smackdown draft picks are: … JBL and … Santino Marella

J.R: That’s it, both brands have their 10 draft picks …

King: But that’s not it for tonight we still have the main event …

J.R: That’s right King, Its Edge vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title and its next .

- Commercial -

Match 5 - Main Event
World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker © vs. Edge

As The Undertaker stands in the middle of the ring unbuttoning and removing his jacket and his hat, Edge goes into a rage, pointing at the title belt around ‘Takers waist, shouting “That’s MY belt! You took it away from me! MY title!†Undertaker doesn’t move a muscle, keeping his eyes locked on Edge, letting him lose his temper. When ‘Taker is ready, the bell rings and the two Superstars circle each other before locking up. ‘Taker wins a battle of strength and immediately backs Edge into a corner, where he holds him to a 4-count. As he backs away with his arms up, his attention turns to a complaining referee, allowing Edge to charge out of the corner and shoulder block Undertaker to the floor. This is where Edge begins to take control, mounting The Undertaker and pounding him with lefts and rights, before picking him up and whipping him into the ropes. As Undertaker comes back, Edge hip-tosses him, before pushing on and launching an arsenal of offensive moves, including suplexes, clotheslines and an arm bar. After hitting a dropkick on The Undertaker, he locks in a sitting headlock, keeping ’Taker there for a good 2 minutes. ’Taker begins to fade and it looks like he’s gone but he starts to battle back as the referee goes to lift his arm for the third time. Edge can’t believe it as Undertaker battles to his feet but Edge is on guard and manages to kick him in the gut and drop him with a Face Plant before ’Taker can complete his comeback. He goes for the first attempted pin fall. 1...2...‘Taker kicks out. Edge continues his assault and manages to pull off a superplex from the top turnbuckle and goes for second pin attempt. 1...2...’Taker kicks out just before the three but stays grounded. Edge looks frustrated but gets up and taunts the crowd - “Look at your Phenom now!†He sets up for the spear to finish off the match. ‘Taker gets to his feet and turns around as Edge starts his run up……NO! ‘Taker moves out of the way and Edge goes shoulder first into the ring post! He staggers backwards and walks straight into a HUGE DDT from The Undertaker. He goes for the cover. 1...2...another near fall as Edge kicks out just in time. Momentum now switches as Undertaker picks up Edge and whips him against the ropes, hitting a thunderous clothesline when Edge rebounds back. He then picks Edge up and whips him into the corner where he hits a running body splash, before twisting his arm and performing an Old School. Undertaker is firmly in control, but out of nowhere, Hawkins and Ryder appear next to each other on the ring apron, pointing and trash talking at ‘Taker to distract him. ‘Taker just stares straight at them, unaware that Edge has recovered and is setting up for another spear. Undertaker eventually turns around as Edge begins another run-up, but The Phenom moves again, and Edge crashes into Hawkins and Ryder on the ring apron. Edge gets up and holds his head in disbelief as he looks at his fallen lackeys outside the ring, and turns straight into a waiting Undertaker, who lifts him up for a mammoth Tombstone Piledriver. Undertaker goes straight for the cover. 1...2...3.

Winner and still World Heavyweight Champion: The Undertaker via pinfall @ 14.08

Undertaker kneels down and holds the belt in the air as raw goes off the air.

Raw Draft Picks
Randy Orton
Edge
Chris Jericho
Shawn Michaels
Mr. Kennedy
John Morrison
CM Punk
MVP
Umaga
Rey Mysterio

Smackdown Draft Picks
Undertaker
HHH
John Cena
Jeff Hardy
Batista
Matt Hardy
Big Show
Beth Phoenix
JBL
Santino

Quick Results

Santino defeats Jeff Hardy - Raw receives 1st draft pick
HBK defeats John Morrison
Orton/Umaga defeat HHH/Cena
Beth Phoenix defeats Maria
World Heavyweight Championship- Undertaker defeats Edge

There will be a special supplemental draft to be held later tonight at 10pm. WWE.com will give all the draft updates. New rosters will be posted tomorrow once the supplemental draft has been completed.

Switchy

Reaction score
BM: Morrison/HBK, always been a dream match of mine and even though the match wasn't "amazing" it still managed to live up to the hype.
WM: Jeff/Santino, funny promo beforehand but the match was meh
BP: The whole draft I guess but it wasn't all that good, could've had some more dialogue than just who they picked. Best bit was Regal and Vickie getting sacked.
WP: N/A, they were all more than 50% in character and that's some good stuff
AC: Glad you still have your skills since you've been gone and you got some interesting picks. SD seems to be the powerhouses and Raw seems to have the allrounders but only problem is, SD has no really good promo guys apart from Cena. Good show nonetheless :)

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
BM - Undertaker vs Edge. All of their matches are done well, and you did the same in writing it.

WM - I really can't stand the divas, so I'd have to say that one. You kept it short though, which is good.

BP - The opening promo with everyone in it was so good. Vince was really in character there, and you made his personality seem larger than life.

WP - All were in character.

AC - The draft was really good, Raw is just totally stacked now with so many good challengers you had. Smackdown was OK, but Raw totally blew the other show out of the way. This is a nice up and coming BTB, I want to see what else will happen here.

Qwake

BM: Its hard to choose between the main event for the world title with Edge and Taker which was a good match but I also really liked HBK Vs Morrison. Both were equally good tbh.

WM: The womens match simply because Maria sucks lol.

BP: The Opening promo was really great. Vince was in great character and having the two words "your fired" made it even better lol. Nice having Shane GM too, well done.

WP: none, they were all done pretty well...

AF: Nice first show, good drafts for each show and the matches/promos on this first show were good too. I am going to check out the supplemental draft and try and read your next show.

CP: Check out YTW if you want...

rydog10

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep them coming. I will surely comment on your btbs as well when i get the chance.

After RAW went off the air last night, moves continued to take place. Here are the results of the WWE Supplemental Draft, following on from the 20 picks that took place on RAW.

Kane drafted to Raw
Chavo Guerrero drafted to SmackDown!
Carlito drafted to RAW
Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes (tag team) drafted to SmackDown!
Finlay drafted to RAW
Mickie James drafted to SmackDown!
Maria drafted to RAW
The World's Greatest Tag Team drafted to SmackDown!
Cryme Time drafted to RAW
William Regal drafted to SmackDown!
Kofi Kingston drafted to RAW
Paul London and Brian Kendrick (tag team) drafted to SmackDown!
Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch (tag team) drafted to RAW
Melina drafted to SmackDown!
Mark Henry drafted to RAW
Chuck Palumbo drafted to SmackDown!
Ryder and Hawkins drafted to RAW
Michelle McCool drafted to SmackDown!
Kelly Kelly drafted to RAW
The Highlanders drafted to SmackDown!
Snitsky drafted to RAW
Natalya drafted to SmackDown!
Tommy Dreamer drafted to RAW
D H Smith drafted to SmackDown!
Ashley drafted to RAW
Victoria drafted to SmackDown!
Kenny Dykstra drafted to RAW
Gregory Helms drafted to SmackDown!
Candice Michelle drafted to RAW

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
the supplemental draft look really good too. Raw really is stacked with Kofi, Kane and Finlay on the show now. Things look really good heading into the next show.

rydog10

Reaction score
Following last night's superdraft, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. has come to agreement on the release of the following superstars with immediate effect:The Great Khali, Big Daddy V, Mike Mizanin and Paul Burchill.

We wish the aforementioned superstars the very best in all their future endeavors.

Here are the new and fully up-to-date WWE rosters following the superdraft on RAW.

Monday Night Raw

Champions
WWE Champion: Randy Orton
Intercontinental Champion: VACANT
World Tag Team Champions: VACANT

Males
Lance Cade
Carlito
CM Punk
Tommy Dreamer
Kenny Dykstra
Edge
Mark Henry
Curt Hawkins
Chris Jericho
Finlay
JTG
Kane
Mr. Kennedy
Kofi Kingston
Shawn Michaels
John Morrison
Trevor Murdoch
Rey Mysterio
Randy Orton
Montel Vonatvious Porter
Zack Ryder
Shad
Snitsky
Umaga

Females
Kelly Kelly
Ashley
Maria

Inactive Talent
Candice Michelle (re-injured clavicle)

Other on-air talent
Vince McMahon | Chairman/General Manager
Michael Cole | Play-By-Play Commentator
Jerry Lawler |Color Commentator
Todd Grisham | Backstage Interviewer
Lilian Garcia | Ring Announcer

Tag Teams and Stables
Cryme Time (Shad and JTG)
Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch
Edge, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder

Friday Night SmackDown!

Champions
World Heavyweight Champion: The Undertaker
United States Champion: VACANT
WWE Tag Team Champions: VACANT

Males

Batista
Shelton Benjamin
Big Show
John Cena
Chavo Guerrero
Charlie Haas
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Hardcore Holly
Brian Kendrick
John Bradshaw Layfield
Paul London
Santino Marella
Robbie McAllister
Rory McAllister
Chuck Palumbo
William Regal
Cody Rhodes
D H Smith
Triple H
Undertaker

Females
Mickie James
Michelle McCool
Melina
Natalya
Beth Phoenix
Victoria

Inactive Talent
Gregory Helms (broken neck, expected out for another 5 or 6 months)

Other on-air talent
Shane McMahon | General Manager
Jim Ross | Play-By-Play Commentator
Mick Foley |Color Commentator
Eve Torres | Backstage Interviewer
Lena Yada | Backstage Interviewer
Justin Roberts | Ring Announcer

Tag Teams and Stables
Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes
Paul London and Brian Kendrick
The Hardys (Matt and Jeff Hardy)
The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin)
The Highlanders (Robbie and Rory McAllister)

Interbrand Titles
Women's Champion: Beth Phoenix
Cruiserweight Title: VACANT
Hardcore Title: VACANT

The Showstopper 88

Reaction score
This is a rip-off of mine and my partner's BTB on wrestlingforum.com. It's been replicated here without our permission or knowledge, and the guy is passing it off as his work.

Maybe this should be closed?