WWE 12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

trilogy

Reaction score
It is reported that a total of 62 superstars will be revealed tomorrow including divas and legends. The Mystery superstar and the DLC will be announced later

[YT]jvc8FQeF9Eo[/YT]

[YT]Yp0DkhXgaQs[/YT]

[YT]Kr39KRMsDAM[/YT]

straight_edge76

Reaction score
This game will suck. Much like the last 2-3 WWE games. I definitely wont be buying. No GM Mode= Me Not buying.

I had a lot of hope for that WWE Universe mode, but that shit was confusing as fuck.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Looks like Me and Enzo got our wish, Create-an-Arena's in. I've looked up some pics online and it looks totally spectacular, great feature to put in. Makes it even more ridiculous not to have some kinda "show running" mode in there. The roster's well...something else. The Divas are a total farce, but Vader, Road Warriors and Demolition making it in, has me slightly intrigued...need more Universe mode info to totally sell me though.

trilogy

Reaction score
Todd Grisham, Jerry Lawler and The Miz were at SummerSlam Axxess this afternoon with representatives from THQ for the WWE '12 roster reveal. Here's what was announced. Downloadable content will be announced later.

Current WWE Superstars:

* John Cena
* Randy Orton
* Alberto Del Rio
* Daniel Bryan
* John Morrison
* Ted DiBiase
* Mark Henry
* Kofi Kingston
* William Regal
* R-Truth
* Husky Harris
* Tyson Kidd
* Santino Marella
* David Otunga
* Evan Bourne
* Sheamus
* Goldust
* Cody Rhodes
* Zack Ryder
* Mason Ryan
* Triple H
* The Miz
* Kane
* Alex Riley
* Rey Mysterio
* Michael McGillicutty
* Yoshi Tatsu
* Jack Swagger
* Big Show
* Justin Gabriel
* Heath Slater
* Dolph Ziggler
* The Undertaker
* Christian
* Drew McIntyre
* Sin Cara
* Vince McMahon
* CM Punk
* Ezekiel Jackson
* Wade Barrett

WWE Divas:

* Eve Torres
* Natalya
* Maryse
* Layla
* Michelle McCool
* Beth Phoenix
* Kelly Kelly

WWE Legends:

* The Rock
* Steve Austin
* Arn Anderson
* Ricky Steamboat
* Road Warrior Hawk
* Road Warrior Animal
* Vader
* Kevin Nash
* Booker T
* Eddie Guerrero
* Smash of Demolition
* Ax of Demolition
* Edge

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Trish is apparently in the game as well.

trilogy

Reaction score
Eric sent word that a new IGN article on the WWE ‘12 video game lists the following features that will be included. It was noted that many, many more features have yet to be revealed.

* Over 80 match configurations including four-way Extreme Rules brawls, Elimination Chamber and more.

* A 12-hour Road to WrestleMania story mode.

* 10 creation modes including Create-An-Arena.

* Online gameplay and content sharing where you can download another player’s creations.

* Over 70 characters and more than 60 unlockables. There will be an unlock key you can purchase that gives access to all bonus content.

Credit: WWEZONE

August 16th:

50 Caw slots.
Created arenas can be used in Create-A-Story as well as Universe. They can also be uploaded to Community Creations.
The name stitching can use up to 4 audio names.
Double team moves can now be performed outside of the ring.
Attribute editor is in.

August 17th:

Before a title match, the ref announces the superstars in the ring.
Regal Plex is in, with pin option.
Ring escape ability can only be used 3 times per match.
No reanimated Glam slam.
New 450 splash.
Reanimated Celtic Cross.

Daniel Bryan: Turnbuckle Flip; Opponent’s clothesline ducking; Running Elbow
Edge: Clothesline, Running Forearm; Half-Nelson Facebuster
John Cena: Shoulder Block; Shoulder Block; Proto Bomb
John Morrison: Clothesline; Clothesline; Running Calf Kick
Kofi Kingston: Dropkick; Back Chop; High Jumping Clothesline
Randy Orton: Clothesline; Clothesline; Snap Powerslam
Rey Mysterio: Diving Seated Senton; Springboard Crossbody; Wheelbarrow Bulldog
The Undertaker: Snake Eyes; Big Boot; Leg Drop
Triple H: Punch; Punch; Knee Facebuster

trilogy

Reaction score
A few things I noticed.
1. Everybody were saying that he confirmed HBK But He never said HBK was in the game, he was just using him and the rock as an example of how they do their kipups in real life...just like he said the undertaker and kane has their prospective deadman kipups.
2. It's good to hear about the manager A.I. seems it may be kinda like how the managers were in WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania which I thought was the best part of that game.
3. Seems the Regular A.I. is greatly improved and not just 5,000,000 reversals a minute anymore... it's smarter and more intuitive
4. Looks to me like this may be the game we've been look for i mean the moves seem solid
last notes:
5. Superstar Threads you can't change the entrance attire unless they're gonna wear that attire in the ring during the match i.e. zack ryder's headband can be changed but you can't change john cena's red shirt to purple or orange
6. Create a Tag entrance is being discussed for possibly next year
7. Create an entrance you still have to select a pre-set champion entrance

ONLINE INFO:
ALL YOU CHEATERS THAT USE TURBO CONTROLLERS, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO PLAY JUST LIKE THE REST OF US....
It seems that they have definitely gone out of their way to please the hardcore fans as well as the newb fans and the fact that they say that cheaters can't use turbo controllers anymore is definitely a blessing in disguise... it's in the code guys..
I also think that in terms of online goes, that it will be much better than last year, although i think that the best way to utilize improving the online experience would be to issue an xbox live online playable demo of wwe12 that way he would know exactly how heavy the traffic would be after release. ( this is good for people that are in this league and have left)

That's about it I hope you enjoyed this info!

1) GRAPHICS AND PRESENTATION

I don’t know if that’s just the fact that I never played Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 in a Full HD TV, but damn, the graphical aspect of the game just caught my attention immediately. Character models, depth of field, lighting, camera angles, ring reaction… Everything looks much better and realistic then all of before. The presentation is stunning as well. This year we’ll be having the actual WWE and WWE HD logo in their real positions, but most importantly entrances are perfect, with titantrons, minitrons, curvetrons, sidetrons, electronic billboards, all perfectly placed and adapted to every single arena. The arenas are perfectly reproduced, and even though the WrestleMania one is not actually bigger than the others, the atmosphere and the looks make it look like it is, and the cube displaying superstars’ graphics right above the ring is a really nice touch. In another nice touch, UFC-Style in-ring introductions take place before Title Matches. We only have one announce table this year, and near to it there are two opened-chairs that we can pick up at anytime, while the podium with the ring bell has been moved outside of the barricade, just like it is in real WWE programming. Furthermore, each superstar has a specific warming up animation before the match starts. Oh, and Sin Cara has his mood lighting (only in one on one matches and can’t be turned off).

2) GAME MODES

CREATE AN ARENA
This mode is absolutely mind-blowing, the possibilities that Create An Arena offers are endless and are everything we’ve always wanted. We can customize the ropes (all three of them or each one individually), the ring, the apron, the ring post, the turnbuckle pad, the floor, the barricade, the announce table, and even the electronic billboard that’s displayed all around the arena. And by customize, I mean full freedom: colors changing, logos, custom logos (paint tool), pertaining textures (patterns), WWE designs (and all classic logos and previous Wrestlemania ones are already selectable, and even the recent Capitol Punishment), everything can be placed in each of the parts that I mentioned before. You can even change the type of the barricade, using the old school rail if you want to!

There are some downsides as well: we can’t change the ramp or the stage, having to deal with a preset one (which at least looks really cool), and unfortunately we won’t be able to play online with our created arenas. We do will be able to share them via Community Creations though, and we will able to use them in Story Designer and WWE Universe (more details about Universe in the upcoming months – really cool stuff).

CREATE A SUPERSTAR
The only real change to Create A Superstar, is the Call Names system. In WWE ’12, we will be able to make up our custom call name by stringing together up to 4 parts, and for each of them we can select from over 500 different names, including simple letters, numbers, articles, nicknames and real names (was disappointed to see that “Andy” wasn’t included in the latter list, but I’ll deal with it lol). This only works as Announcer call name, while as far as the Commentary call name the system is the same as previous years.

I find this functionality great, and it’s been extremely well-put together. Apart from that, there’s really nothing else to talk about Create A Superstar. Nothing was removed, but I haven’t seen particular additions either (also true is that I haven't spend that much time on it). Bad news is that the preset skin colors selection is still there and lacking of some proper color variations, good news is that the transparency is back.

OTHER GAMES MODES
Nothing was removed from last year’s game. All match types are still in, and all creation modes are making their return, so Create A Moveset (luckily movesets look way better than last year), Create An Entrance, Create A Finisher, Paint Tool, Highlight Reel and Superstar Threads will all still be in the game, with an addition been made to one of these modes, which will be revealed in the upcoming months (as announced, it's an addition to an EXISTENT mode, so it’s NOT Create A Championship). WWE Universe and Road To WrestleMania are still in as well and have been improved upon.

3) GAMEPLAY

Before reading this, I suggest those who haven’t to first read THIS and THIS topic to know everything you need to know about this year’s gameplay improvements, grappling and reversals. With that been said, I will be giving my impressions on the things that NEED to be talked about more in-depth. Now, hands-on, I must say that Dynamic Comebacks and Wake up Taunts really are the most awesome additions, so good that when you’ll get the hands on the game you’ll wonder how you could live without them in the past.

ImageDYNAMIC COMEBACKS
10 Superstars have their Comebacks (Daniel Bryan, Edge, John Cena, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, The Undertaker, Triple H and a superstar yet to be revealed), but you can assign the ability to whoever and choose for them one of those 10 comebacks.

WAKE UP TAUNTS
As far as wake up taunts instead, the selection is way more satisfying: in fact, every superstar has one, and you can choose as your wake up taunt from ANY taunt available in the game. Just pick which one you want, and the opponent will stand up groggy right in front of you everytime you perform it. Oh, and you can even perform a Wake Up Taunt from the apron, stalking your opponent before a Springboard attack.

MOVE INTERRUPTION
Very satisfying as well are the removal of “warping” and the move interruption possibility, we were waiting for this for a long time now. And it has been implemented in a very good way, even though there still room for improvement of course, I’m sure that everyone will be very pleased with this. Everything feels more realistic, and players can feel more in control of what they are doing, without having to sit through extremely long “cutscenes” instead of actually being involved in the action.

PIN SYSTEM
The pin system is now only relying on the Hold option. The Tap option is gone, so that means no more turbo controller users, but that also means that if an online match is laggy, it could (it will) be very hard to kick out even from the simplest pin attempt, because the only way to escape a pin is to stop the indicator exactly in the blue zone. I brought this up but it’ll probably stay like this in the final version of the game, so make up your own idea of it. An addition to the pin system, is the new way Resilency works. Now we can only use it once a match by pressing a button while receiving a pin. This will cause our blue zone to become 2x bigger to give us more chances to kick out for that particular occasion.

4) OTHER QUICK NOTES

- Gamespy is no longer taking care of online. Online servers will be handled directly by THQ.
- Durability ability appears to be gone.
- Ring Escape ability can now only be used 3 times in a match
- We can now perform Springboard attacks while running towards the ropes without having to lean on them
- We still can’t keep our Advanced Entrance if we win a championship.
- Targeting system looks the same as last year, which means is still bad. I was playing a one on one and ended up doing a Springboard on the ref inside the ring, when I was trying to Springboard towards my opponent outside of the ring…
- There are two move positions: one is the classic 619 position (and that’s where you trigger Rey’s move), the other is “opponent grounded, player standing near corner” (and that’s where you trigger the Punt Kick, the Spear, among with other moves)

5) BUGS AND EXPLOITS

WHAT HAS BEEN FIXED

- Reversals into Chain Grapples have been fixed: no more constantly button mash the reversal button to get out of them.
- So is the Apron Running Attack, this year is possible to perform it again.
- The AI now is much more responding during pin attempts and does kick out a lot more than last year.
- No more referee constantly distracting himself in matches with managers, even when the manager is down on the floor.
- There was an issue last year that prevented us from doing finishers from the top of the ladder to the opponent placed on the table. This year, we can!
- It’s no longer possible to attack your opponent while he’s rebounding off the ropes (in the moment he touches them)
- Triple H running knee attack animation has been changed
- The glitch that caused the Freeze finisher has been removed
- The freeze glitch with two people in the turnbuckle is gone as well
- The turnbuckle DQ Ref Glitch (online players will know what I’m talking about) has ben fixed too

WHAT'S IN THE GAME

- Unclean entry is back in the game (doing an unblockable running grapple to your opponent while he’s entering the ring)
- Switching between grapple and drag animation inside a Chain Grapple an infinite amount of times is still possible.
- The removal of the “reach animation” for signatures and finishers and the fact that the opponent doesn’t need to be groggy to perform them, basically make them executable at any time, even when the opponent is getting up, and this without any transition, making them in those certain cases almost unblockable, since there’s no time to react.
- If you reverse the strong Irish Whip as soon as you are arriving at the corner, instead of stopping yourself from hitting the corner like in previous years, you will literally freeze yourself in the running animation.
- It happened quite often that during normal Irish Whips or other regular gameplay situations, the opponent would just freeze for no reason in the running animation
- In the TV near mine, a multi-man match was being played and I often saw superstars both randomly teleporting in a grounded state from a chain grapple state and other strange things like this.
- In Steel Cage matches, performing a Strike Combo when the opponent is leaning on the ropes causes the opponent to go through the cage and outside of the ring.
- Performing a limb targeting move from the Back Chain Grapple causes the opponent to awkwardly turn in a Front position without any transition.
- Going outside of the gameplay for a second, for some reason it wasn’t possible to change camera angles in Advanced Create An Entrance (I discovered this randomly while trying to see if Sin Cara had his trampoline, LOL)

Please note that I brought up to THQ developers ALL of the above issues (they’re aware, and they care, they took notes and recorded footage) and I’ve been told they still have a month to polish the game, so there’s a very good chance to see them all fixed in the final version. Again, take this list as AT CURRENT DAY and just as informative (if the glitches remain in the final game you will know what awaits you, if they’re gone you will know THQ worked very hard for you).

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS

Content-wise, WWE ’12 has it all. The numbers are just impressive:
- 80+ Match Types (more yet to be revealed)
- 70+ playable characters for one of the biggest roster in history (plus an awesome unexpected mystery character)
- 12-Hour Road To Wrestlemania Mode (improvements yet to be revealed)
- Never-ending Universe Mode (improvements yet to be revealed)
- 10 different Creation Tools (with Create An Arena and a new addition yet to be revealed)
- Online Play, Content Sharing and DLC (more yet to be revealed)
- 60+ Unlockables (and you have no idea how much you will be pleased by them)

Plus, a real life presentation and an incredibly overhauled gameplay experience, with the addition of:
- Wake up Taunts
- Dynamic Comebacks
- Better Submission System
- No more warping and move interruption
- Improved selling and smoother pace
- Limb targeting

So it's definitely Bigger, badder and better. But is it perfect? No, unfortunately. Content-wise it can’t get any better, but the game that I played at the Summerslam event, as I described in the last chapter, was very glitchy. But like I said, THQ is working hard and believe me they are, (I found out there first hand) to make sure everything is going to be fixed. And if it will, ladies and gentlemen, we finally have it: WWE ’12 is going to be the ultimate wrestling game.

Andy Badwool -

Here are a list of some of the new moves found in WWE’12

Cena, Orton, Punk, Undertaker and Edge have a ton of basic strikes added for them: unique looking punches for most as well as a new gut kick for both Edge & Orton. Punk has his real striking combo which consists of new slaps, a backfist and ending in a great looking roundhouse kick w/ knockdown. He also has a new mongolian chop to the chest. Edge has a new spinning wheel kick w/ knockdown, which looks great but I’m not sure why they added it when there’s already similar looking ones. There’s also a new Goldust/Christian-like slap to the face.

Some of the other new moves I spotted and can mention:

- Justin Gabriel’s 450 (no hesitation but it looks great)
- Cody Rhodes’ Alabama Slam
- A new Breaking Point Sleeper Hold (with falling down animation) for Dolph Ziggler
- A new ground grapple Elbow Drop w/ hair taunt for Dolph Ziggler
- A new (but weird) looking Super Kick-like running strike (Dolph has it)
- A re-animated GTS for CM Punk
- Sin Cara’s Avalanche Back Flip Bottom
- Sin Cara’s La Mistica Armbar
- A new Cena-like Belly-to-Belly
- A new Book End for Booker T
- A new Brain Buster for Arn Anderson
- A new Double Axe Handle combination signature for Demolition
- Demolition Decapitation for Demolition
- Doomsday Device for L.O.D.
- A new jumping Brogue Kick for Sheamus (looks great)
- A new Double Axe Handle running strike for Sheamus
- A new jumping Clothesline running strike for Kofi Kingston
- A new running hesitation jumping Knee Strike for Evan Bourne
- A new Shooting Star Press for Evan Bourne
- The Regal-Plex w/ pin option
- Two new Dropkick to Knee weak strikes
- A new 619 for Rey Mysterio (had trouble pulling it off — it’s in a new position)
- A new Future Shock DDT for Drew McIntyre (much better)
- Zack Ryder’s corner sitting Broski Boot w/ L.I. taunt
- Zack Ryder’s Rough Ryder
- Daniel Bryan’s LeBell Lock
- Daniel Bryan’s Cattle Mutilation
- Wade Barrett’s side kick to the gut (strong strike w/ knockdown)
- A new Butterfly Suplex
- A new ground grapple Jumping Leg Drop (no running off the ropes but it can be a finisher)
- A new Showstopper-like Chokeslam
- Undertaker’s Jumping Lariat running strike
- Miz’s Snap DDT to a kneeling opponent
- A new Battering Ram Headbutt strong strike w/ knockdown for Vladimir Kozlov
- A new ground running Senton for Husky Harris
- New basic punches for Kane
- R-Truth’s Suplex Stunner (signature move)
- A new strong strike Haymaker (basic punch w/ knockdown, but looks good)
- House of Pain (Mason Ryan’s finisher / Uranage slam)
- McGillicutter for Michael McGillicutty

trilogy

Reaction score
I know its a long List Just figured maybe it would help people create their name early
CAW Names:
Aaron
Abs
Ace
Action
Adams
Akane
Akira
Alan
Alexander
Ali
Alice
Alien
Alpha
Amateur
Ambiguous
American
Andersen
Andrew
Angel
Angus
Arcade
Arch
Archangel
Asian
Azrael

B
Baby
Bad
Bailey
Baker
Balmer
Barbarian
Barnett
Bart
Bear
Bell
Belt
Ben
Bernie
Big
Biker
Bill
Bison
Black
Blade
Blank
Blizzard
Blue
Bob
Booger
Bouncer
Boy
Brawler
Brian
British
Brittany
Brody
Brooklyn
Brother
Brown
Bruce
Bruiser
Bryant
Buggy
Burglar
Buster

C
Caffeine
Campbell
Canadian
Captain
Carter
Cassidy
Cat
Champ
Chang
Chef
Chen
Chet
Chief
Chimera
Cho
Chris
Chuck
Clarence
Clark
Cliff
Clinton
Cloud
Cobra
Cockroach
Coconut
Cole
Colin
Colt
Commander
Communist
Convict
Cooper
Cop
Corporate
Corpse
Cory
Cowboy
Crack
Craig
Crazed
Crazy
Crimson
Crocodile
Cruise
Crusty
Cyborg

D
Daddy
Dallas
Dan
Danger
Daring
Dark
Darrell
David
Davis
Deal
Defector
Devon
Dinosaur
Dirty
Disaster
Diva
Doc
Doctor
Dog
Dojo
Dominator
Don
Double
Dublin
Duke
Dynamite

E
Eagle
Earl
East
Eater
Ed
El
Electric
Eliminator
Emerson
Eric
Expert
Eye

F
Falcon
Fanboy
Fast
Fisher
Flying
Fool
Fox
Franco
Frank
Freaky
Frenchman
Funky
Funny
Future

G

Gabe
Gaming
Gangster
Garcia
Gary
Gates
Genius
George
Ghost
Giant
Gilbert
Girl
God
Gold
Golden
Goldman
Gonzales
Good
Goth
Grabber
Graham
Grandma
Grandpa
Grave
Gray
Great
Green
Greg
Griffin
Grime
Grizzly
Groovy
Gun
Guy

H
Hacker
Hammer
Hammett
Harris
Harry
Heavenly
Heavy
Henry
Hero
Hideous
Hill
Holly
Hollywood
Homer
Hood
Hooligan
Howard
Hugh
Hundred
Hunter

I
Ian
Icon
Icy
Iron
Irritating

J
Jack
Jaguar
Jake
James
Japanese
Jay
Jefe
Jeffrey
Jesse
Jessica
Jester
Jet
Jim
Jimmy
Jin
Job
Joe
John
Johnson
Jones
Jordan
Josh
Judge
Judo
Jun
Just
Justice
Justin

K
Karate
Kareem
Keith
Ken
Kendo
Kevin
Killer
King
Kirk
Kisser
Kitty
Kline
Kobayashi
Korean
Kowalczyk
Kurt

L
Lance
Lassiter
Lauren
Lee
Legend
Leon
Lewis
Liam
Lightning
Lilith
Log
Long
Lopez
Lovecraft
Lover
Lunatic
Lurking

M
Macho
Macleod
Madman
Magic
Majestic
Malcolm
Mall
Man
Maniac
Manly
Mantis
Marcus
Mark
Marshall
Martin
Martinez
Marty
Masked
Master
Mastodon
Matsuda
Matsumoto
Maverick
Max
McDonald
McGregor
Mechanic
Mega
Men
Mercer
Metal
Meticulous
Mexican
Mick
Mike
Miles
Miller
Mime
Mini
Mitchell
Mommy
Monkey
Monster
Moore
Morgan
Morris
Mortal
Motor
Mr.
Mrs.
Ms.
Mummy
Murphy
Muscle
Mutant

N
Natural
Navajo
Nelson
Nerd
New
Nightmare
Ninja
Nitro
Noah
North
Nose
Nut

O
Octopus
Old
Oliver
Olympian
Omega
Oozing
Orange
Otaku
Outlaw
Owen

P
Pain
Palmer
Panda
Panther
Park
Parker
Pastor
Pathetic
Pathological
Patriotic
Paul
Penguin
Perez
Peter
Phantom
Phenom
Pierre
Pirate
Playboy
Poker
Powell
Prince
Princess
Pristine
Pro
Professor
Purple

Q
Queen
Quinn
Quitter

R
Rabid
Ralston
Ramirez
Randy
Real
Red
Ricardo
Richard
Rick
Riley
Ring
Rivera
Robinson
Rocker
Rocky
Rodriguez
Ronald
Roy
Russ
Russian
Ryan

S
Sam
Samoan
Samurai
Sanchez
Santos
Sapp
Savior
Scorpion
Scott
Scottish
Screaming
Sears
Senator
Sensation
Sergeant
Sergio
Serpent
Seth
Sexy
Shane
Shaw
Shawn
Show
Shrinker
Silent
Silva
Silver
Sister
Skater
Skinner
Slate
Small
Smasher
Smith
Smoking
Sniper
Snow
Sokolov
Soldier
Sophia
Soul
South
Soviet
Spectacular
Stalker
Stallion
Star
Stephen
Steve
Stick
Storms
Street
Strong
Stunt
Submission
Sue
Sullivan
Sunshine
Superstar
Surfer
Surgeon
Suzuki

T
Tank
Tattooed
Taylor
Teacher
Technical
Ted
Teenager
The
Terror
Thief
Thighs
Thing
Thomas
Thompson
Thousand
Thunder
Tickler
Tiger
Tiny
Todd
Tokyo
Tom
Tony
Tornado
Torres
Toy
Trevor
Triple
Trouble
Troy
Turner
Turtle
Twin

U
Ugly
Ultimate
Ultra
Uncle
Unstoppable

V
Vega
Victor
Viper
Virtual
Voodoo

W
Walker
Wall
Walter
Warden
Warlock
Washington
Watson
Wayne
Webmaster
West
Whiny
White
William
Williams
Williamson
Wilson
Witch
Wolverine
Wrestler

X
Xander

Y
Yama****a
Yap
Yellow
York
Yosef
Young
Youngblood
!

trilogy

Reaction score
Smackdown Vs. Raw 2011’s Universe mode, which is the equivalent of a dynasty mode, sounded like a dream come true for fans. It gives them a blank check with what to do with their favorite characters and all the while maintaining some sort of balance in making sure the superstars that do deserve to be champions are the ones that get title shots. WWE ’12 brings back Universe mode with even more ways to build your own ideal wrestling organization.

During our preview of the game over the summer, one of the biggest additions to the creation suite is the ability to design arenas. From the obvious choices - like color blocking of the rings and ropes – to the even most minute of details – such as the text on the arena graphics – being able to create an arena will allow for the imaginations of fans to go wild. Thanks to WWE owning the rights to just about every significant North American wrestling organization, you can also recreate classic arenas of the past, such as the AWA and WCW sets of the 70s and 80s. In Universe mode, you have total booking power, so if you wanted to, you could technically create a WWE that is filled not with Raw and Smackdown, but Nitro and Thunder. Belts that you win or unlock can be used in Universe and replaced as you see fit as well.

ImageAll of the matches that you set up or allow the game to simulate in Universe mode will be taken into account by the game’s momentum feature. Each superstar will have a momentum bar on the screen and it takes into account how well they are performing on a weekly basis. A superstar with extremely high or low momentum will see changes in their attributes as the season goes along. Conceivably, if you keep booking Zack Ryder on television, you might actually get him to a decent enough rating that he won’t get killed by just about every other superstar.

As unpredictable as you can make Universe mode, THQ did add a few more bits to really drive home the dynasty mode feel. Injuries can take out major superstars for months and that will force you to make changes to your booking, and having certain superstars competing or teaming up with each other often will build up their rivalry or partnership. A few unlockables can also be found in Universe mode, one of which is a character that most people already know thanks to a reveal last week.

Can WWE ’12 really be the game that replaces No Mercy?

It’s such a ridiculous question, but it does beg to be asked. For some people, a game that is more than a decade old is still the wrestling game of choice. Those are the same people who cling to the Attitude Era for dear life and spend all day complaining about current WWE product and conveniently forget there was a lot about the 90s and early 2000s that should never be spoken of again (hand baby, anybody?).

We live in the Reality Era of the WWE now and much like the current conspiracy storyline playing out in television, the big reveal – in this case, when we get final review code – will be when we can definitively say if WWE ’12 was worth it for THQ to blow everything up and start over fresh. From online to DLC to unlockables, there is still a lot that needs to play out leading up to the game’s November 22nd release.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
So...I actually got the game. Here's a short review basically...

Arena creator is super fun, but next year the whole stage should be customized, lots of depth for what they have.

RTWM SUCKS ASS. It's completely broken, booked by Russo clearly. The storylines are alright, but you have pretty much no control over anything. Instead of pinning or winning, you have to hit a prompt which generally ends with run-ins and you getting your ass kicked in a pre-determined finish. Jacob Cass' theme song though is awesome.

Universe still has no reason to be bothered with. That's the main flaw of the whole game...no replay value besides just exhibition matches. PLEASE bring back GM mode or a HCTP or SD2 style career mode...or both. RTWM has got to go.

Graphics, gameplay and stuff are fine. Though the "Hold down/Tap" buttons for grapples suck.

Overall i'd give it like a 6 out of 10. Matches are fun and all on their own, just no depth at all in terms of having reasons to actually want to play the game past online.

Reaction score
So...better than SVR 11? I want to trust Luke's referral but he thinks Madden 12 was good and after spending 4 hours with that game, there is no convincing me that Madden 12 is worthwhile. The graphics suck, the gameplay is clunky and the announcing is sub par to say the least, Madden 10 has been the only worthwhile Madden since 04. 12 is three steps back from ten in every aspect. My wife gave me a Gamestop giftcard as part of my Christmas because I can't decide if I want to buy WWE 12 or NBA 2k12. I've spent hours and hours with 2k12, and it is quite easily the best sports game of this console generation and that's saying something since Fifa 10-12 have been fucking awesome and I don't even like soccer at all and EA perfected Fight Night in Champion. I'm leaning towards WWE 12 because of the deep customization and never really play the career modes and I can always get my 2k12 fix from Redbox until used copies run at the $30.00 range. Plus, I've heard nothing but mixed reviews on WWE 12, from excellent to piss poor. I'm thinking run with what I haven't played.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
If you don't care about career modes, and customization is the draw for it, it's a huge buy. Things are DEEP as far as CAWs and arenas and moves. And hands down one of the best parts of the game is just downloading wrestler CAWs that other people upload online, as well as created stories can be cool if you can find a good one. They definitely improved AI too. I'd try and rent it just to see if you dig the new controls before you buy, but if not...i'd probably rather play WWE '12 than SvR 11.

PS to Enzo: NBA2K12, any differences from 11? To me 11 was the best sports game since Madden '04. Did 12 improve much? I might buy that.

Reaction score
You should have bought it yesterday my man. How do you expand on perfection? NBA 2K12 shows you how. The post mechanics are greatly improved, TONS, TONS of replay value in the Legends mode (fucking awesome, I can't even explain, but when you play games set in the their respective time periods, the game looks like you were watching it in that time period) and the My Player mode is even better than 11 and the commentary is so far ahead of anything ever created, my wife couldn't understand how it could be a game. I can not sing the praises of this game enough, if it isn't the greatest sports game ever made, it certainly is no. 2. And they made it this great without any competition! Lord knows Madden needs competition as the past two offerings have been piss poor and insulting, especially when you consider how good 10 was and that they scrapped that whole engine for an inferior one so "everyone can play". It's ruined football games for myself and I know I'm part of the majority that feels that way. I wish the NFL would grant 2k a license so EA doesn't keep trying to sell the masses garbage.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
12 ISN'T that bad... unless you're playing without the patched update.

The graphics aren't bad (unless you're anal about the scratches on helmets looking the same on all players with scratched helmets (i.e. placement of the scratches). They took out the animation aspects, so there's no catch animation, plays are left up to who is doing what. The biggest problem with Madden 12 (other than franchise mode importing draft classes from NCAA, which was enough to make me trade the game in) is the human sliders, and that there is no disparity between guys like Aaron Rodgers and Rex Grossman. I used the Packers and had Greg Jennings wide open on a post route vs. man-coverage and an all-out blitz with no safety over the top and he had already made his cut on his route, but Rodgers (untouched by the blitz which was picked up clean all over) threw the fucking ball 20-yards out of bounds. The passing accuracy is a problem which needs to be addressed. High throws don't go high all the time, and low throws don't always go low... and the back-shoulder throw doesn't exist at all. I never said Madden didn't have faults or that it was flawless... but it's not a trash game.

2K12 is nice... but there is so much about the game that absolutely sucks. For one, when controlling a defender, there's no reason to animate a reach-in if you're swatting at the ball. I should have to step INTO a swat in order for me to tangle up with the ball-controller. Another thing I've noticed is as soon as you press the swat-button, the ref blows the whistle before the animation occurs... meaning I've been called for a foul before I committed it. Players driving open into the paint will pull up instead of finish strong at the rim. Defenders get unreal angles to cut you off when you drive around a screen, animating their physical defense to bump you out of the paint (this happens a lot on the pick and roll as well). Defenders have unreal speed in order to get back between you and the basket when you beat them; for example I was using the Wizards and shook the shit out of Derek Fisher with John Wall, yet Wall (arguably one of the fastest/quickest players in the league) got both caught AND cut off by Fisher on his way to the rim. Also notice a lot of the teammates not cutting to the hole when it's 2-on-2 on a fast break. Computer shot-accuracy (even with adjusted sliders) is unreal as fuck. Rajon Rondo will shoot 20 of 22 from the floor if the defender isn't jumping with him to contest every single shot. The post-up game is as ridiculously stupid as it is improved. The actual post-up is far superior to anything basketball games have ever done, but the finish is Blue. There are times when you're 1-on-1 in a mismatch and your offensive player will pull up to shoot from 3 feet, other times you'll try to dunk when you're mismatched (a guard on a 4 or 5) instead of shooting the fade or pumping. Tapping the shooting button won't pump-fake in the post 100% of the time, instead will result in a forced shot... other times, holding the shooting button will pump-fake instead of shooting. And the standing dunk is as rarer to perform than hitting a buzzerbeater. I can't tell you how many times I've had Dwight under the basket after beating the defender on the post, only to have him attempt to lay it up instead of finishing strong with a 2-handed dunk.

So for all the praise 2K12 will get (and rightfully deserves), there is some very outlandish and flawed animation in their system.

Then again, I feel animation in ANY game is stupid... it harshly limits and dictates the game.

Which brings me to WWE '12. I saw earlier in this thread it was said that customization/creation was deep... true except with CAWs. Still a lot of the same old shit in creation... the removal of a couple favorable items, limited on other items.... and they're far removed from their deepest CAW of the PS2/XBox days. However, the other modes are pretty damn cool. Career modes are fun, although a LOT of Road to WrestleMania is animated... just stick to the guidelines... and play it out. However, the storyline and the actual action in the animation is pretty fucking cool and it's easy to get lost in fandom of what the story develops. Universe is a lot of fun this year as you can dictate feuds. There are some cool cut-scenes and run-ins which advance storylines and feuds, and interject guys into other feuds and title pictures.

Game-play, when there aren't glitches (usually 1 out of 40 matches results in a glitch, which is far too high), the game is as fun as a wrestling game has been in awhile. The predator system is a lot of fun as you can slam someone and instantly pick them right back up for another slam. It's fast-paced unless you dictate otherwise. Moves can take a lot out of both wrestlers, fatigue plays a part in the match... comebacks make matches a little less predictable, and stored finishers can lead to the match ending at anytime. It's honestly a LOT of fun to play the game.