WTF Was That?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

^^^Thats why I would put Shane with Vince as a face. Then Steph becomes the heel GM who aligns herself with The Legacy.

Although, I don't think we will see Vince or Shane on TV for some time. Steph will still align herself with Orton as a reward for taking out Vince so she can have full control. Orton will win the Rumble and take on Cena at WM.

Soulpower

I have to say this... Anyone else get the feeling that any progression that Orton had made in his character was thrown out the window in last night's show?

He went from being the "ruthless, bad-ass heel", to being bitched out by Stephanie McMahon, and then actually showing remorse after kicking Vince's head. Doesn't that go against EVERYTHING we've seen from Orton these past couple of years?

By the way, I know someone is going to say that Orton reacted that way because it was Vince. Let's point this out.. Its not the first time that someone beats down Vince.

J

I have to say this... Anyone else get the feeling that any progression that Orton had made in his character was thrown out the window in last night's show?

He went from being the "ruthless, bad-ass heel", to being bitched out by Stephanie McMahon, and then actually showing remorse after kicking Vince's head. Doesn't that go against EVERYTHING we've seen from Orton these past couple of years?

By the way, I know someone is going to say that Orton reacted that way because it was Vince. Let's point this out.. Its not the first time that someone beats down Vince.

I don't think it was regression by the way Orton acted. I just think even no matter how bad ass you are your never too bad ass to know that you havefuck way up by "takening out the boss" But as for the storyline don't know where it going but it was super awesome to watch last night.

CenaMark54

I liked the "what the fuck did I just do" reaction. Although, i think it was just an act to progress the secret Legacy/Steph alliance.

If it was a genuine reaction, I think it makes him look more psychotic. Almost like he realizes what he does is wrong, yet does it anyway, because the "voices" in his head tell him what to do.

Soulpower

Almost like he realizes what he does is wrong, yet does it anyway, because the "voices" in his head tell him what to do.

See, if they go with this explanation, then it makes sense. I just would have liked to see him totally no-sell it. No better way to show the fans that this guy is a ruthless heel, than by having him kick the owner's head in and just walk away as if it was nothing.

CenaMark54

Also, I like how they used jericho to put Orton over.

Jericho looked like a little bitch, then Orton comes out and punts the boss in the head.

If there is any doubt who the top heel on Raw is, then last night answered that question.

Beer

Tbh, this is the smartest booking that I have seen from the WWE in a long time. Jericho put's Orton over by acting like a bitch, while Randy comes out and punts McMahon in the head.

"Randy gets pushed as a huge heel!"

Orton actually has the guts to come out and confront McMahon.

"Randy gets pushed more!"

Orton ACTUALLY beat the crap into Mr. McMahon. And he did it baically straight away, in one of hi first confrontations with Vince. Which is different to all the other McMahon attacks, like Shane McMahon, Steve Austin and HBK, who actually did not attack McMahon until he pushed them to the edge.

"We just pushed him even more!"

After all those pushes, it's fair to say he is the biggest heel WWE has had since Triple H in 2003/2004/2005/(maybe) 2006.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
Almost like he realizes what he does is wrong, yet does it anyway, because the "voices" in his head tell him what to do.

See, if they go with this explanation, then it makes sense. I just would have liked to see him totally no-sell it. No better way to show the fans that this guy is a ruthless heel, than by having him kick the owner's head in and just walk away as if it was nothing.
If he no-sells it, then he becomes the badass, ala Steve Austin, whom fans get behind. Fans like badasses.

So, in order to avoid that, Orton showed fear. He wasn't showing fear for Vince, or remorse for kicking Vince, he is just worrying about himself. And when he scurries out of the ring, it's a very heel like move.

I had no problem with it and the crowd ate it up with boos.
Touché... Had never heard of him before.
Shane actually mentioned it a few weeks/months back, when he and Orton were having the promo segment. Orton said they both were third generation wrestlers, and they carried on for a bit. Then, right before Shane left, he said that he was actually FOURTH generation.

The Rated R CMStar

Agreed. Orton is worried for himself, mainly because he was about to get fired before he punted Vince on the head.

What will happen to him now?

It has nothing do with remorse itself for attacking Vince.

Wordlife

the only reason why Orton got cheered is because it was in my dumb ass hometown of Chicago, where ALL the fans have their screws loose and enjoys to root for the heels ALL the time!

Take WM22 for example... Cena vs HHH, the best match I've ever seen live and been a part of... the whole crowd was going for HHH, it was the first ever (Cena Boo, HHH YEAH, Cena Boo, HHH YEAH shin-dig when they hit each other)

We always fuck up wrestlers careers in a sense that they turn face or heel. The WWE enjoys the shows in Chicago cause we determine who's face or heel. Especially Santino, Mickie James, Kane... when they were heels, we turned them faces, ALL in one night (especially Kane and Mickie James from WM22)

Its just that simple. No doubt the WWE will make Orton a tweener face, its surreal and should happen. Don't ask why I want Orton as face, I just suit him better that way, though he plays possibly the 2nd best heel ever (2nd to HHH of course) :D

CenaMark54

the only reason why Orton got cheered is because it was in my dumb ass hometown of Chicago, where ALL the fans have their screws loose and enjoys to root for the heels ALL the time!

Take WM22 for example... Cena vs HHH, the best match I've ever seen live and been a part of... the whole crowd was going for HHH, it was the first ever (Cena Boo, HHH YEAH, Cena Boo, HHH YEAH shin-dig when they hit each other)

We always fuck up wrestlers careers in a sense that they turn face or heel. The WWE enjoys the shows in Chicago cause we determine who's face or heel. Especially Santino, Mickie James, Kane... when they were heels, we turned them faces, ALL in one night (especially Kane and Mickie James from WM22)

Its just that simple. No doubt the WWE will make Orton a tweener face, its surreal and should happen. Don't ask why I want Orton as face, I just suit him better that way, though he plays possibly the 2nd best heel ever (2nd to HHH of course) :D

The Chicago crowd was much better last night then they have been recently. They cheered Cena, they booed Jericho, they mostly booed Orton after he punted Vinces skull. I would say the reactions were right on point.

Great One

See, I thought about this for a long ass time as well. I came to the conclusion that this was actually a dramatic PROGRESSION and development of his character. He was billed as a PSYCHOTIC type heel. Hence the whole "Voices" thing and the way he comes to the ring. This kinda shows that he has no control of his emotions and is truly insane (i.e. a schizophrenic). I like how this could turn out, as he'd be afraid of his own actions and what else he could do, I definitely think they should run with it. Sort of like an alter ego type thing.

CT Styles

SoulPower said:

I think this shows him as more psychotic. Something doesn't go his way and he loses control, pretty much kayfabe killing his boss. It shows him as more uncontrollable and unstable where even he is scared of what he can do when he loses control. I like this even more. To build the character more I think Steph should get in his face and do something he doesn't like, therefore he 'loses it' again.