WTF is going on?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
So on iMPACT last night, RVD attacked Abyss, and the "ECW Invaders" all came down to the ring and attacked Abyss. I thought this whole time that the "they" that Abyss was talking about was the ECW stable.

I don't even know who's side Abyss (or anyone for that matter) is on... I know I am not the ONLY person who is confused by this...

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I thought it was a nice swerve that Abyss is not referring to the ECW Originals. But it was poorly set up, as I remember it Abyss was just posing and they attacked him. It would have been much better if Abyss was about to hit RVD with the 2X4 and than the Originals attack.

Not sure what the point is yet and I like how Taz says "Do those guys even work for us?" ......Well Taz, Raven, Stevie, and Rhino have been working there for a long time....what changed?

Looks like after Hard Justice it will be a stable war fare between Abyss group and ECW. But I really dont like where this is going because it seems like ECW is going to be acting as a take over....but all of TNA management are faces (Bishoff, Hogan, Jarrett). But who knows...

Reaction score
I can't get over that for the entire summer, going back to Team Hogan and Team Flair, the company has been composed of all heels associating with one another and all faces opposing them. Two stables: Heel and Face without names or an identity. If Ric Flair wasn't carrying the show with his promos, and some young guys weren't wrestling such good matches, it would have been much more apparent that Bischoff has no vision whatsoever. Again, other than Flair being Flair, I don't think they were even able to resolve a single long term story line.

It's entirely possibly that Samoa Joe's unexplained kidnapping set him back as well.

The one thing I can say about the emergence of the ECW people andFortune is that they are at least trying a direction. I'm not sure how half of the company being face and half being heel was ever considered tenable. Really, I don't think whatever happens in the next few weeks is ultimately going to matter at all, if they get Heyman. I'm sure he's going to be dropping a ton of these story lines.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but I hope he keeps Fortune. Flair is ideally, and only, suited to manage at this point. Wasting that is wasting talent on the roster. Besides would you rather be watching Abyss or Jeff Hardy promos. Bitch, please.

Reaction score
Here are the three things I can think of which Bischoff may have suggested that have been positive:

RVD as champ (not executed well)
The Top ten Rankings
Kurt angle facing the top ten ranked wrestlers.

I think 80% of this forum can come up with three ideas this innovative in 8 minutes.

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha ha, Pat Patterson.

Anyhow, yet ANOTHER quick ratings grab attempt with ANOTHER ECW Invasion.

Jesus christ this shit is old (just like the ECW Originalz).

FAIL

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
So on iMPACT last night, RVD attacked Abyss, and the "ECW Invaders" all came down to the ring and attacked Abyss. I thought this whole time that the "they" that Abyss was talking about was the ECW stable.

I don't even know who's side Abyss (or anyone for that matter) is on... I know I am not the ONLY person who is confused by this...

I'm equally confused. I thought the they that Abyss was talking about was the ECW. Apparently we both (and others too) were wrong. But the confusing I have is a good one. Because now I'm highly anticipating on who "they" is that Abyss is talking about. I was thinking that "they" would be the guys that kid napped Samoa Joe, but that storyline seems to have been dropped. Kinda sucks too cause I was in the minority in wanting to see where they would go with that story.

Reaction score
Don't you guys worry about the Samoa Joe kidnapped by Ninjas angle. Maffew will rehash it all in hilarity in an upcoming Botchamania

Kizza

Reaction score
Fuck this shit. I watch one show and I have a headache.

The quicker this shit ends the better.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I'm equally confused. I thought the they that Abyss was talking about was the ECW. Apparently we both (and others too) were wrong. But the confusing I have is a good one. Because now I'm highly anticipating on who "they" is that Abyss is talking about. I was thinking that "they" would be the guys that kid napped Samoa Joe, but that storyline seems to have been dropped. Kinda sucks too cause I was in the minority in wanting to see where they would go with that story.

I also am finding myself wondering who "they" is as well. Personally, I am kind of glad that "they" wasn't the ECW stable. Abyss being teamed up with them just to me would seem kind of strange being how they are trying to be sold as the true ECW guys and Abyss, who never was even involved with ECW basically being who brings them in would make absolutely no damn sense.

I see this whole angle ending with a ECW/TNA elimination style match at BFG.

Reaction score
I thought it was a nice swerve that Abyss is not referring to the ECW Originals.

I don't think its a swerve but more like TNA poorly booking on the fly as Hogan and Bischoff just don't care to show up. Abyss was definetly gonna be on the ECW side until the whole Hogan feud was scrapped and now TNA has to back track abit to make this storyline make some sort of sense and it won't. The storyline will just pan out as Abyss forming a team of so and so as "they". I just see too many stumbling blocks in this. Plus the addition of Mick Foley to this doesnt excite me at all.

Montana

Reaction score
I've always thought Abyss was talking about the voices in his head as "They"

But yeah, WTF is going on. ECW originals come back....for nothing??? Idk, this is horrible booking.

I think TNA missed the boat with Joe's Nation on Violence. I thought that could be been a good faction. Joe, Fallen Angle, Homicide, maybe bring in Jimmy Jacobs.