WS TV Log Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Decided to start again with Ozark. I was going to pick up from where I left off but it's been a while now and I want to fully appreciate the storyline/build-up again. Just finished the first episode and I forgot how tense this show starts out, it really goes to 'shit is getting real' territory real quick. :lol Amazing performances. I'm not quite sure why I never finished this show with how much appreciation I have for it, but I certainly will be doing so this time.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Decided to start again with Ozark. I was going to pick up from where I left off but it's been a while now and I want to fully appreciate the storyline/build-up again. Just finished the first episode and I forgot how tense this show starts out, it really goes to 'shit is getting real' territory real quick. :lol Amazing performances. I'm not quite sure why I never finished this show with how much appreciation I have for it, but I certainly will be doing so this time.

I always do the same if I drop shows lol gotta start back from the beginning for some reason

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Man you know Ozark got me hooked when I've already finished Season 1 and I am well in to the earlier parts of Season 2 already. And this is after already seeing these before and having a general idea of the storyline. Rewatching it all was definitely the correct choice before I dived in to Season 3, just to remember the characters. A lot of little details I'd forgotten about, and seeing it a second time is making me even more connected with them. It's crazy how natural the acting in this show feels sometimes, especially between Jason Bateman and Laura Linney, the dialogue and chemistry between them both on screen is unreal. Just perfectly casted.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I always do the same if I drop shows lol gotta start back from the beginning for some reason
I'm the same too. Ozark though I can never fully commit too when it first came out I made it throught 5 episodes the next time to 7 episodes more recently to season 2. I know it's good it's enjoyable but I seem to always find somethign better

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've never started Ozark myself, always say I will one day bc it looks like something I'd love lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I've never started Ozark myself, always say I will one day bc it looks like something I'd love lol
Oh you definitely would. Whilst they are very different shows, it's very much got a Breaking Bad vibe and that's one of the first things that drew me towards it. Mostly the tension and atmosphere.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The Movies That Made Us is a pretty fun show on Netflix I'd recommend if you enjoy hearing about how movies got made and such. I'm currently working my way through Season 3 first because there's a lot of horror movie focused episodes. Some entertaining narration too. I really enjoyed the Halloween making of episode. A lot I knew about already about how it came to be, but a lot of other new things I learned too. It's incredible how big of a hit that movie became and how ahead of its time it was with some of the tracking camera shots too. That Panaglide camera was putting in work back then. You wouldn't think it was quite a low budget movie.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I finally finished Ozark. Fantastic show, although I did feel the last season didn't captivate me as much as the previous ones. I still would say that Season 1 was my favourite overall because I enjoyed the Del character and found the actor to be pretty intimidating in the role. Plus I found it very tense and atmospheric at the beginning especially. It's well worth watching and I was very impressed with Laura Linney's performance as Wendy Byrde. That character goes through such a wild transformation throughout the show and she's just beyond amazing in the role.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

What the fuck!

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Started watching Boardwalk Empire and boy have I been sleeping on this show for far too long. Stephen Graham as Al Capone is awesome. Visuals are top notch, and the writing is excellent.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
p8422906_b_v9_aa.jpg

Seen this before but it's been due a rewatch. Incredible mini-series by Charlie Brooker. I highly recommend if you enjoy his other work as a director. Setting the zombie apocalypse around a reality show like Big Brother was a genius concept. I love that the cast actually feel like ordinary people too, so you really buy in to the idea of them being actual housemates. First episode is my favourite with the actual outbreak and the fact they got the real host at the time of the show over here to be in it, plus some cameos by actual housemates from over the years. It just adds to the overall authenticity of it. Gripping show, wish it had more episodes.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My final log for 2022

January
Sherlock (Season 4)
Jessica Jones (Season 3)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 6)
Runaways (Season 3)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Season 1)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (Season 7)
Hellstrom (Season 1)

February
WandaVision (Season 1)
Attack on Titan (Season 1)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Season 1)

April
Attack on Titan (Season 2)
Attack on Titan: Lost Girls (Season 1)
Loki (Season 1)

May
Attack on Titan (Season 3)
What If...? (Season 1)
The Chosen (Season 1)

June
The Chosen (Season 2)

July
The World at War (Season 1)
The Twilight Zone (Season 1)

August
The Twilight Zone (Season 2)
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (Season 1)
The Twilight Zone (Season 3)

September
The Twilight Zone (Season 4)
The Twilight Zone (Season 5)
NCR Days (Season 1)
Hunter × Hunter (Season 1)

October
Hunter × Hunter (Season 2)
Hunter × Hunter (Season 3)
Hunter × Hunter (Season 4)
Flames (Season 3)

November
Hunter × Hunter (Season 5)
Hunter × Hunter (Season 6)
Frozen Planet (Season 1)
Human Planet (Season 1)

December
Rick and Morty (Season 6)
Death Note (Season 1)
The Vietnam War (Season 1)
The Office (Season 1)

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Fkpv8kFX0AAIb3m.jpg

My first show for 2023. Heard so many good things about it last year, and I can already see why by the first episode. Getting a heavy Black Mirror vibe from it and the tone. Cast is amazing. Adam Scott always been an actor I've enjoyed watching a ton in a lot of things he's been in.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Severance was a phenomenal show, binged it all in a week. Highly worth your time. Couldn't stop watching it, does a fantastic job keeping you hooked and the characters are so well acted. So many edge of your seat moments, plenty of twists and turns, and it's so mind-bending and interesting to watch. Black Mirror vibes I felt the entire way through, and I think it's one of the really big reasons I fell in love with it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BMzk4OTU5NTE2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTIxMDIyOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Thought I'd finally give Bates Motel a go. Just currently working my way through the first Season and I'm really enjoying it a lot. Especially the character development, which is pretty stellar. Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga are fantastic, perfect castings.