WS TV Log Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I figured I’d share this here, if you want to rate and log your shows like you can with movies for Letterboxd then I suggest checking out Serializd. Like I said, it’s like Letterboxd but for TV series, its fun to log and rate stuff, at least I think so lol.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
AAAABQFVuTYwmZMBBteizErBMSxy-kS7EMJ1N4JOOxPjG01bE4pdCr80krNxYCujXT8VOPo-fky7mU-EAIKOe1x1mdF8K3yS_Pe2NuSh5KeNb_LEccYpIx6mvNQTd18UVEowi0067g.jpg

Quite a good true crime series. There's a large emphasis and focus on the detectives that worked on the cases which I enjoy. The archival footage they use is well placed, it's very well edited and produced and I find it interesting to see the process behind catching people like this.

4BE37E96-BB8F-4ea1-abde-9e241b1c13ea.jpg

Interesting show that just started up over here on Channel 4. I watched the first episode last night. A reality show where some celebs are staying in a prison with real former inmates. Not crazy huge celebs, but I do recognise a couple of names in it. I like the concept and them not being given any special treatments so they can get a somewhat authentic experience of what it's like to be in there 24/7. It's a pretty interesting watch so far.

p25392108_b_h8_aa.jpg

Awesome series from Mike Flanagan, I would say on equal levels to Hill House. Fantastic characters and performances with an engrossing storyline.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vYzc2YTVhNzgtN2U4Ni00ZDU1LWEwMDMtMDc1ZDNjYjY1MmU5LmpwZw==

I'm mostly a fan of Scott Pilgrim due to the film which I have seen several times now, never got around to checking out the comics. It's a fun anime, I'm getting about as much enjoyment as I did with the film, it really helps that all of the cast came back to lend their voices to this. It feels like slipping on a cozy comfort blanket and all feels very familar. The art style is nice, it's charming and I'm just having a lot of fun with it.

MV5BMjUzOTQwOTg1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE4NzQ3NjM@._V1_.jpg

Bingewatching this from Season 1. I have seen bits of it before and I can't figure out why I ever dropped this show, it's incredibly gripping and has to be one of the more underrated Netflix shows. It's got such an awesome concept and the cast of characters are all really interesting. I love the performances. Absolutely perfect show to binge as there is always something happening and a lot of episodes leave you wanting to see what happens next.

Last edited:

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I can't recommend Ted Lasso enough, it was an amazing show. Season 3 lacked a little focus but other than that, I loved it so damn much.

running-man-afc-richmond.gif

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Manifest
MV5BZjllMzc1ZTAtMzYyYi00OWU4LTgzNTAtYWJmMWNhZDI3ODVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjEwNTM2Mzc@._V1_.jpg

Decent show. The acting is a bit hit or miss but nothing I can't look past. It's serviceable. The concept itself more than makes up for it, I love time travel and mystery shows. So this is right up my alley. It has reminded me a lot of LOST. All that is missing is some stronger characters and performances to really take it up to the next level. I'm almost finished with Season 1 and it's been a really fun ride. Not sure if I'll continue yet though, Netflix only has Season 4 after this which is a shame so I'd have to look around for the rest elsewhere.

World War II: From the Frontlines
MV5BZGI1ZTMzNzAtZTUwZi00YTc2LTlkYmQtYTQ2YmVhNTMwMjE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxNDgxOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Great stuff if you're like me and itching for more War documentaries to watch. WW2 has been covered loads and I've watched a ton of different things about it over the years. I really enjoyed this series. They really let a lot of the footage just speak for itself and I love that, and the restoration and colourization of it is really incredible to watch. Definitely some of the best I have seen. It's just really interesting to see it all in such good quality,

Happiness
AAAABX2qR5bWH11Fi6RWfVaTBz0MzF6U9hN2A1em70rs8wkq7eJ4o_gYsI8R9xEhQA20h4bUrCbYiEh5dZ-PUBjsMuObvEIn.jpg

Such a fun South Korean zombie show with likeable leads and very entertaining action and dialogue. The characters are great and well developed, and I enjoy how it has some humour mixed in with the serious moments. It's been such an easy watch for me.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Binging the Santa Clauses and just started season 2, while im sad we're probably not getting another movie, this is just as good. Really enjoyed the first season.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Finished up the last season of Sonic Prime and started Muppets Mayhem.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
521d4bcce317c6baa2cee10601e0b0a7168789d225d333091f539fb1310bb9c1.jpg

I've been bingewatching Hannibal. It's one of the few boxsets I have that I haven't already watched to completion. It's such an excellent show. It's a masterclass really from the writing, to the visuals, to the performances. Very disturbing and very effective. It's a really rewarding show the further and deeper you get in to it. I love what Mads Mikkelsen brings to the character so much. He effortlessly shifts through all the different personas.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BMDg0YTJmMTAtOWEzYi00NDk1LTg5MmEtZWMwNjgxMGFjNzkyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUwMjg2Nzg0._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Great little show. I went in with no real expecations as I haven't read the Novel it's based on or watched any of the trailers. I was really pleasantly surprised by how good it all was. I haven't watched too many Australian shows off the top of my head but I loved how authentic this all felt. The actors and the characters they play really added to that feeling, they put in some incredible raw performances. I was blown away by the young actor Felix Cameron in particular who plays Eli in the show. He was incredible. I was drawn in and engrossed in this world within the first 10 minutes but the story really gripped me after the first few episodes and I ended up bingewatching the entire thing during a weekend. Story was so good.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I surely did remember watching Real Sex in the 90s as a Kid. Everyone with the Hot Box would know for sure which is how my family were able to see all the PPVs from the Attitude Era especially with that Cable Box.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BOTM1OWJlOGQtMjExMC00NGZiLWFjODItOWFjZjZhZWQ5MmUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTU0MzQ0MA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I started watching this show on a whim as I was in the mood for a Goosebumps kind of deal. It is a step above in quality than I was initially expecting. The storylines and themes are so well thought out and much darker than I was expecting from a show aimed primarily at younger audiences. There is elements of it that really remind me of Black Mirror and the acting from the young actors is geniunely really impressive.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
I decided to go down the rabbit hole of Walking Dead stuff, started with Daryl Dixon. Where...are the freaking zombies?!

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BZmQ0NDE5NjYtMGU4OS00NGMwLWJmOGYtZjVmYTFhMzA3ZGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc5ODIzMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I don't know if anybody else has been watching this show on Netflix, but it's one of the best mini-series they've released in ages. Superbly acted, directed and I haven't watched something quite as tense as this in a long time. I was shocked at the fact it's based on a true story. It just gets so crazy the further it goes on. I'd highly recommend going in blind like I did and just being carried by the wild journey it takes you on, there's a lot of shocking moments. Both Richard Gadd and Jessica Gunning deserve to get more big roles in the future, their performances were phenomenal.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Finished Knuckles and started Ghosts since I kept seeing it advertised all the time. Why not.