WS Fantasy Basketball: Year 5 HYPE THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I already figured that was going to happen. We seemed to agreed on that during last year.

Showtime

Reaction score
ga can you make odds on favorite as to who is going to win this year just we can all laugh at brandon having the lowest odds? smurf NEVER WINS.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
3VPsN.png

RIP. Had so much potential...and was getting better too.

shutupchico

Reaction score
watching the vid now, f'n sweet, haha. are playoff record counted in our overall record? that'd bring me down a good deal, since my lineup goes when i go.

shutupchico

Reaction score
still laughing at that vid. are we planning on bringing in new blood this year?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I realized after the fact he forgot Notorious but guess it was cause he was only in one year.

Us bringing in new guys is going to depend on how big we're making the league and who's returning or not probably.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I only put people that have been in the league for awhile/are active. Notorious only has 1 year, but he probably deserved a spot so sorry Notorious. Next year buddy. BRJP had 10 posts in last years thread. NMS had.........2.

I personally would like to keep the league at 14 members, but I know a lot of people are adamant about making it 12.

We have 11 for sure people at this point:

PHX
chico
SAL
Showtime
Brandon
GA
Notorious
PSYCH
Ben
KIF
IYF

P1 is a question mark, NMS is not being invited this year, and I'm not sure where BRJP's head is at.

So that leaves the door open for a couple of new members that will actually take this league seriously and post in the thread/trade.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
TWELVE IS FINE

If we have a solid 11, why not just find 1 more person who we know will be active, and be done with it? Adding 2 MORE people who we don't know/can't trust to be active isn't going to help the league.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
2009 (16 teams) - 100 trades; ???? posts / dark times
2010 (12 teams) - 85 trades; 4000+ posts / but not sure on this because merger kinda screwed everything up
2011 (14 teams) - 93 trades; 6000+ posts / short season; best year ever for activity
2012 (14 teams) - 40 trades; 5000+ posts / horrible on the trading side of things, but the thread stayed active

I just have a few concerns.

1. We end up with a 20 trade season.
2. We're blocking someone that really wants in the league and will be active (like another Notorious) out by restricting it to 12.

The problem is we've let guys like NMS who don't really want to be competitive in the league into the league for the last couple of years instead of finding new Showtime's or Notorious'.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The first year I'm pretty sure had the most post or around the same amount as 2011 since it was a big part of the forum's activity. Personally I understand not wanting the league too big but don't want it too small either not only for the reason GA gave but because I think it works better schedule wise to have more teams. 14 is a good number to me just have to make sure before hand when guys join just how active they plan on being not only in the league but the thread. That trade drop off is crazy though I guess guys got scared to change things up too much in comparison to other years. Not that I'm saying people should just trade for the sake of trading it is just funny to see how big a drop off happened with that.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I haven't been on here much in the last two weeks and I don't see my activity goin' up like I would like to take part in this. I will be followin' you guys though and probably randomly postin' in this shit.

shutupchico

Reaction score
don't be like that, kif. i concur with mak and ga, 14 where we need to be.