WS Fantasy Basketball 2014-15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

shutupchico

Reaction score
also lol @ st asking for a recap after the greatest week of his career.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Quarter finals playoff recap
Freaks and greeks vs Formidable h20b:
This was one of the blowouts in the first round of the playoffs and the main reason why? Formidable didn't have not only his best player but possibly the best player in fantasy basketball in Anthony Davis for 2 games which was the last thing this team needed given how much Davis has carried this team. On the other side Stax's squad continues rolling in what is probably the greatest year to year turn around in this league's history going from bottom of the standings team to 1st place. He will take on a former championship team in the 1999 Knicks in what should be a intriguing matchup.

downtown chuckers vs 1999 Knicks:
Sometimes timing is everything and it was never more true than in this matchup. The chuckers came in the playoffs the worst way possible banged up losing one of its best players before the playoffs in Serge Ibaka. While on the flipside timing was on Showtime's side with Blake Griffin being healthy right in time for the playoffs and played a major role in 1999 Knick's victory despite being "ways to go" in his recovery. Another major factor in this victory has been the roll Elfrid Payton has been on putting together 2 triple doubles during this matchup. While Freaks and greeks have been a dangerous team all year the 1999 Knicks might be one of the most underrated teams in the league and will look to upset the number 1 seed this week.

Run N Gun vs Chef Curry's Pot:
One team a former 3 time champion was looking to overcome its failure the past 2 seasons of not making it past the 1st round and one team taken had a manger that took over a hapless team and turned it around from a bottom team to a playoff threat right away. Things could have gone a lot different had Chef Curry's Pot if they had the main reason this team beat Run N Gun before in Klay Thompson. Run N Gun had injuries issue of its own with a banged up Tyreke Evans and no Isaiah Thomas but Chef Curry Pot's injuries were more of an issues than theirs and won to advance to the next round. What awaits Run N Gun? Fournier's Ponytail who is the defending champion but Run N Gun holds a 8-6 victory over them in their only matchup this year till now. So either the defending champ goes back to the finals or Run N Gun returns to the finals after a 2 year absence.

Fournier's Ponytail vs OLADIPO:
Brandon last year pulled off a big upset in the first round and almost rode that wave all the way to the finals but lost by just a edge. Going into this year big things were expected and it looked like his team would live up to those expectations finishing the year in 2nd place. Funny enough last year he was the 7th seed and beat the 2nd seed to advance. This time he was the 2nd seed but lost to the 7th seed. One of the last things you expect is for someone not to make sure their lineups are set during the playoffs but it happened twice for OLADIPO. Maybe it wouldn't have changed the result but you never know. Notorious now has a chance to go to back to back finals but will have to beat the only team that has been to back to back finals in this league in Run N Gun to do so.

shutupchico

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, where would you rank it amongst the weeks in your career?

i gotta admit, the week would have been a lot better if i was matched up with u, since u would've been destroyed.

Showtime

Reaction score
i certainly didn't need a combined 72 points from harden and mirotic to start off the week. :(

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah this is why I'm kind of hoping you beat Stax nothing against your team cause you got a good squad but that Harden shit is a lot to deal with.

shutupchico

Reaction score
Well we don't always get what we want now do we?

Maybe next year for the downtown chuckers
ha, laugh it up. i may be kickin the bottom rope now, but teams don't stay injured forever. when i'm healthy, i'm still the best there is, and will prove that.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
My team is so fucking fucky, I was looking at the season stats, and I'm a league leader for assists with Monta Ellis as my main PG. Basically, I'm getting all of my assists from Harden, Ariza,and Noah.

Also, Harden was like the 7th pick, half of you guys passed on the guy who was supposed to go third.:kendrick:

Last edited:

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
i'd rather have my players injured for the season, and know i'm out of it, instead of getting the rug pulled from underneath me, and lose my #1 pick right when the playoffs start. besides, u didn't make your season any easier on yourself. u could've had a better result.

not a playoff result

Knicksh20b

Reaction score
My team is so fucking fucky, I was looking at the season stats, and I'm a league leader for assists with Monta Ellis as my main PG. Basically, I'm getting all of my assists from Harden, Ariza,and Noah.

Also, Harden was like the 7th pick, half of you guys passed on the guy who was supposed to go third.:kendrick:

Yea, a bunch of guys dropped a lot. Didn't Chris Paul or Steph Curry fall pretty far too? Got dominated by Harden.