WS Fantasy Basketball 2014-15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well lets hold off on him getting paid just yet, cause clearly Linsanity wasn't a permanent thing.
A better comparison for whiteside would be Bynum. The only think that can stop him is an injury and work habits.

Lin was never that great at anything. He had a hot 3 week streak of scoring, but his overall play was never that grat. He had a terrible assist to turnover rate because he always jumped to pass to make up for not being able to blow by a guy one on one without a pick, and he always had and has a suspect handle that you can pick because he tends to stand straight up half the time when you make him slow the pace.

They are total opposites.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Off topic but I wonder what people thought of this:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-reasons-the-wwe-is-doomed-143618421.html

It seems to me when the WWE has something interesting like The Shield they are too quick to break it up and then they have something tired like Danial Bryant and the play it out forever.

thoughts
You can't play Daniel Bryan out for too long so to speak when he is a guy made of glass and you never get your payoff. There's no real way to see of they had a flash in the pan or a long term Cena/Batista player in Bryan because he literally got hurt so quick.

And as for the net positives they have, I still cite the network, Cena, and NXT. The fact is they would never get that whole ppv profit just half (less that half, 40% for non - Mania shows) from the shows because they had to compensate cable and satellite for airing them; getting 10 bucks from 800,000 people so to speak every month is a lot better than getting 20 from less than 200k on average. Cena has another 10 years easy of making them money in the ring, on screen, in merch, and even in a behind the scene or ambassador role, unlike Hulk or Austin even. NXT is slowly growing into something all of its on, more than a show, or a minor league, it's slowly evolving into a promotion all its on, like a second company or brand since they are exploiting it touring all on its own outside Florida.

It will be fine. It's not dying when they literally have the two longest running prime time shows there are in history in raw and SmackDown

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
What happened to the weekly write ups?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Was wondering how I was winning 12-1, then realized Chef didn't set his roster LEL

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What happened to the weekly write ups?
Took a break from it but forgot to post the one that I did do for the past week.

Headlines of week 15
A new number 1:
Run N Gun for weeks had been holding down the number 1 spot until now. Freaks and Greeks which has been one of the most improved teams is now the number 1 team in the league sitting at 10 - 2 - 3. Two of the biggest reasons for his successful season is Deandre Jordan and the guy who might take the league MVP award in James Harden. There is no telling if he will hold on to being number since the margin is so close to the other top teams below him but it is a very impressive for a team 13th last year.

Blake injured: Showtime's team thus far has had a solid season and Blake had been one of the reasons why. Now with him out for possibly a month the question is how will 1999 Knicks cope without him? The gap between being a playoff team or on the outside looking in is very small with little room for error. So the 1999 Knicks squad will have to hold down the fort long enough until Blake comes back for the pivtol playoff push time period of the season.

Chuckers getting back on track: This season the downtown chuckers a perineal playoff team had been one of the biggest letdowns. But lately stringing some wins together winning at least 10 categories in his last 4 weeks the chuckers now sit in 5th place. Chico's team is getting healthier by the week (minus Rondo being out) and so are the chuckers playoff hopes looking not only to make the playoffs but finish as a top seed.

Nash of titans falling: Wasn't too long ago that this team was top 5 in the standings even number 1 for a few weeks. Now on a 5 week losing streak the team currently sits in 10th place. With how close the standings are Nash of titans could very well recover and be a 5th or 6th seed but the final 5 weeks 4 of those teams are in the top 5 which makes it very unlikely that this team gets back into playoff contention.

Reactions: shutupchico

shutupchico

Reaction score
as we all know, the 3 day all star week is a joke as far as matchups are concerned. the better teams, the playoff teams who are gonna be working the big events 6 weeks from now, are all at a disadavantage, and it's bad for business. but that is why for the last 5 years we've had rookie initiation day. attention ape, this is your chance to complete your initiation into the league. all u gotta do is bench your players for the day, and let me move on and win this thing. if u pay your dues now, you'll be respected and u could break through as the next shield of this league next year. if u don't, u could easily be put out for the year, with nothing to do but put up barbed wire fences. what do u think happened to people like killswitch, and baller? they didn't comply, so they faded out to die. don't go down that path. do your job.

Reactions: PHX

Showtime

Reaction score
im not missing the playoffs. i dont make excuses, my team should be able to make the playoffs without griffin and if they cant they weren't good enough to win the title even with him.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Is there no way to set it so that all-star week match up lasts 2 weeks?

If things keep up how they are going right now PHX, you're going to lose 8 games of ground to me just this week.

Also, props to Oladipo grabbing his division lead as well right now.

Last edited:

shutupchico

Reaction score
3 day week is some bs. my vote is for now on we extend all star week matchups another week, but we don't wait till next year to implement it, we implement it, right here, right now.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
I'll see you week 20 PHX

Reactions: PHX

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

shutupchico

Reaction score
hey chico shouldn't the better team have an advantage in a 4 day matchup?
layed

nah, especially not with him gettng a head start and having a bunch more people playing than me. it's like if the nba ended the game at halftime. anyone can lead at the half. good teams step it up in the second half, 4th qtr mainly. takes 48 minute to find out who the better team is, or in our case, 7 days.