WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
You know that Jim Buss is terrible at his job, right? I'd also say that Carmelo is a decent bet to stay in New York - it's where he's wanted to be his entire career. It's his home, and he's a superstar there. The Knicks won't allow him to walk away.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
LA is LaLa's home and he and they are on some Besty shit with Kobe and Vanessa as has already been discussed. Melo didn't object to being traded to the lakers, Jim denied Bynum being dealt for him. Melos people were fine with it and an extension there, that was all Jim. He didn't fight it like brooklyn at all years ago, and Melos wasted 3-4 postseasons waiting on Amare to be healthy and step up

If they could amnesty Amare and have cap space i would agree he was a lock to stay in NY but they amnestied Billips three days after picking up his option to get Tyson

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
We'll see. I wish you and other hopeless Lakers fans luck. I used to have no hope for Orlando, but now? This team will be GOAT in 2
or 3 years. :kobe:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I like Orlando well besides Afflalo, never liked him even at ucla

SAL

Reaction score
You know that Jim Buss is terrible at his job, right? I'd also say that Carmelo is a decent bet to stay in New York - it's where he's wanted to be his entire career. It's his home, and he's a superstar there. The Knicks won't allow him to walk away.

More importantly I think, Anthony doesn't seem the type to walk away from the kind of money Dwight Howard did by signing with a new team. Melo's the guy who demanded to be traded to New York back when you could still sign a 5 year deal with a new team just so he could get the maximum maximum extension.

Psych - reduced what for Kobe? His cap hold's over $30 million. You think he agrees to a $10M/year deal before free agency? That's pretty much his only chance of enticing a max-level player to Los Angeles. And I'd bet good money Pau's getting the hell out of there. Plenty of teams will be making space for the super-studs and one of them will have $12M/per for Pau. Lakers can't re-sign him and make a serious move at free agency. He's getting renounced.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
I like Orlando well besides Afflalo, never liked him even at ucla

He's still a damn good player; his production was just down last season due to him going from a role player to a focal point, something he isn't. He and Jameer will probably be traded this season. I'd hope Glen is dealt as well, but his foot looks to be very troublesome.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
More importantly I think, Anthony doesn't seem the type to walk away from the kind of money Dwight Howard did by signing with a new team. Melo's the guy who demanded to be traded to New York back when you could still sign a 5 year deal with a new team just so he could get the maximum maximum extension.

Psych - reduced what for Kobe? His cap hold's over $30 million. You think he agrees to a $10M/year deal before free agency? That's pretty much his only chance of enticing a max-level player to Los Angeles. And I'd bet good money Pau's getting the hell out of there. Plenty of teams will be making space for the super-studs and one of them will have $12M/per for Pau. Lakers can't re-sign him and make a serious move at free agency. He's getting renounced.
Dwight didn't give up money, he made more with no state taxes thru 4 years like the Miami big 3 didn't lose money because of playing in Florida. He was always opting out of year 5 short of injury or decline

For what it's worth Kobe's already said he expects to take less but not the minimum like the LA times were pushing. Somewhere between 10-12 will make sense just because of what he generates for the team can't be duplicated. Now Pau is a tough one, kobe will more or less set his price IMO, as he won't get more from LA than Kobe gets based off his decline. You're correct though that he may get a crazy offer as a big, but I don't really know who makes it next summer short of Miami if bosh opts out. And if he opts out guys like Dirk are out there and could come at reduced price after what Cubans did Dallas. I'm sure kobe will be back, he, Jeanie, Jim, and Mitch have already said the goal is 7 before he retires (you can't do that with his cap hold, he's not stupid). Young and Farmar are the only guys with a second year on their deals so they will likely be back. There's no way Pau will screw up their FA plans, he either takes less and gets more years or he walks but they've made it clear they pretty much want to get two guys between now and the summer of 15 alongside kobe.

Theres no chance in hell at Bron. Melo has a 50/50 shot because of he and Kobe's closeness. if they miss out on Melo, Kobe and Pau will both get paid big money for a 1 year deal to reach the cap floor IMO so they can go to the summer of 15 and try for both Rondo and Love; that way they can get 2 max guys (not that I believe rondo or love are max guys truly) and kobe and Pau would've both gotten paid well above their worth to agree to less money

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He's still a damn good player; his production was just down last season due to him going from a role player to a focal point, something he isn't. He and Jameer will probably be traded this season. I'd hope Glen is dealt as well, but his foot looks to be very troublesome.
I think he's solid. He was just never a wow guy to me even in college. He just got a little bit overpaid and overrated in Denver where people were saying he was better than smith.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As many times Pau has been in the going to be traded category I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign elsewhere. Not totally sure what free agency will look like next off season but pretty sure Melo is sticking with the Knicks for the reasons already given and there is no point in even speculating Lebron going there. So Lakers are going to have to settle for guys who aren't big names and find their future star in what will be a stacked draft next year.

As far as Orlando they really are a nice looking team for the future and will be surprised if they don't trade Jameer to a team like Indiana who I see trying to deal for a PG this year come deadline time. Think they keep Afflalo but trade Big Baby or have him come off the bench since they really don't need him with how Harris and Vucevic came on the scene last year.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Hennigan was already shopping Afflalo this past offseason. I'd be shocked to see him last the season, tbh. Between Harkless/Harris/Oladipo/Moore, that paying time on the wing will be very valuable to the progression of the young guys, and there's not a ton of it to go around with Afflalo there. Jameer staying seems much more likely, since he could man the starting spot but also help mentor Oladipo as a PG (assuming they're serious about this), alongside Price.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
As many times Pau has been in the going to be traded category I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign elsewhere. Not totally sure what free agency will look like next off season but pretty sure Melo is sticking with the Knicks for the reasons already given and there is no point in even speculating Lebron going there. So Lakers are going to have to settle for guys who aren't big names and find their future star in what will be a stacked draft next year.

As far as Orlando they really are a nice looking team for the future and will be surprised if they don't trade Jameer to a team like Indiana who I see trying to deal for a PG this year come deadline time. Think they keep Afflalo but trade Big Baby or have him come off the bench since they really don't need him with how Harris and Vucevic came on the scene last year.
Why settle when you can wait to the summer of 15? Love surely wouldn't mind coming home after Minny, and Minny has already said they don't think he's a max guy. Rondo is a stretch but Kobe, Love, and pieces isnt terrible compared to Boston where he will need to defend on a draft. The Laker formula is to reload not draft.

Paus tricky, yes he's been traded but he's also broken down about being dealt and said I want to stay here and retire here. He is like a woman with Stockholm.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
0% chance Pau returns if D'Antoni is still coach. The dude benched him the second he got there.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why settle when you can wait to the summer of 15? Love surely wouldn't mind coming home after Minny, and Minny has already said they don't think he's a max guy. Rondo is a stretch but Kobe, Love, and pieces isnt terrible compared to Boston where he will need to defend on a draft. The Laker formula is to reload not draft.

Paus tricky, yes he's been traded but he's also broken down about being dealt and said I want to stay here and retire here. He is like a woman with Stockholm.
I could def see Love being a Laker but Rondo I'm somewhat expecting Boston to deal him somewhere. Yeah the Lakers are a reloading team but where do you think Kobe and Magic came from? If there is any draft to get a guy for the future from it is the upcoming draft. Would be in their best interest to try and strike gold in the draft since Kobe doesn't have much longer, Pau could leave and will retire soon anyways and Nash is damn near retired.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Magic wasnt even the Lakers original pick, neither was Worthy, league gave them those picks with their old system. Hell neither was Kobe, they dealt Vlade for him to a Hornet team losing Zo because it got them Kobe and cleared cap for Shaq all at once. There's never been a year where the Lakers said lets tank and draft such and such, its just sorta happened or coincided with another plan.

I think based off history they rather chase names especially with TwC wanting names for the multi billion dollar contract

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Is this you PSYCH

4R8cO.jpg