WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
WESTERN CONFERENCE
2. PSYCH 42-23-0
4. I Have a Hakeem... 37-28-0
5. DRUUUUMMMMMOOOONNNND 36-28-1
7. David's Dying Wish 33-32-0
10. General Greivis 29-36-0
11. THUNDER 28-36-1
14. KINGS OF KINGS 18-46-1

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. downtown chuckers 44-20-1
3. Run N Gun 43-22-0
6. Not 5 not 6 not 7! 34-30-1
8. JOB SQUAD 32-33-0
9. Big Al & the Guards 31-32-2
12. Aidan's Swag Team 24-41-0
13. The Lone Saiyan 20-44-1

Notable storylines from week 5:
Another week another loss for PSYCH (The Lone Saiyan) - Off to his worst start since the 2011 where he went 0-4-1 which he also only had 1 win that whole year is on pace to meet the same fate at this rate. It was looking like he was finally going to get his first victory of the season just a few days ago but his matchup took a turn for the worst when PSYCH's former man crush Andrew Bynum (DREW) had his best game in about 2 years for Notorious. PSYCH may finally catch a break going up against Aid's squad that has been right there with him in the bottom of the standings. So maybe this will be the turn around he has been waiting for not to mention the return of Kobe Bryant looming around the corner.

Chuckers take 1st place - While on paper may not look like the best team in the league that was met with subject of trash talk he has manage to get the most of his squad being one of the top teams in the league this year thus far currently in first place right now. You know things are going well for your team when Jordan Crawford actually passes the pass let alone notching a triple double this past week helping him dominate the King of Kings squad that is suffering from injuries making Lebron James contributions to try and carry this team useless. Up next the Chuckers take on the defending champions who are off to a very slow start.

Defending Champs slow start - Perhaps suffering from championship hang over THUNDER is currently the 4th worst team in the league in the standings. He didn't lose this week on the bright side but didn't win either being apart of the first tie of the season. It is a long season so he has a lot of time to get things turned around but it might have to wait a week with him his team going up against the current top team in the league. Or this could be his statement game to get things turned around with the help of the fact that he will get 4 games out of Durant and Westbrook this week and could get his sharpshooter Korver back this week as well.

Number 1 fantasy player Anthony Davis breaks hand - SAL's team gets another win this week oddly all off his wins being 9-4 so far this season remaining on top of his conference and the number 2 team overall but at a cost losing Anthony Davis for a possible extended period of time. Will be interesting to see what kind of impact this has on his team going forward depending how many weeks he will be out for since Davis has been the driving force for his team. This week he takes on KIF's squad that is 4th yes folks 4th in the standings.

KIF's shock the world tour continues - From the laughing stock of the league to one of the top 5 teams in the league KIF grabs another victory. If this keeps up he will have to be the most improved GM from year to year in the league's history. That said things only get tougher for him as the next 5 teams he has coming up have a combined record of 18-6-1. So we will see if this is just a lucky start or if he is the real deal who is finally ready to make a run.
--------------------------
Top 3 best GM moves of the week:
1. Run N Gun adds Nate Robinson who helps in come from behind victory on the last day of the matchup against Brandon.
2. downtown chuckers adds Channing Frye who is pretty hot right now shooting 71% from the field and hit 9 total 3 pointers in his last 3 games.
3. Big Al & The Guards add Derrick Williams. While he actually had a small hand in why Brandon lost this week the move could pay off long term who goes from a place in Minnesota that he had a hard to getting playing time to the Kings where he could get the shot he is finally looking for as they lack in the SF position and he could get a chance to play some PF as well in small ball situations.

Top 3 bad moves of the week:
1. Aid waits till the week is over to finally drop the vegetable that is Derrick Rose.
2. IYF dropped Channing Frye who he could have used this past week.
3. PSYCH adds Beasley, I don't really need to explain this

Match up of the week - Run N Gun vs Big Al & The Guards
---------------------
Predictions for this week:
Thunder: 6 vs downtown chuckers: 7
DRUUUUMMMMMOOOONNNND: 5 vs Not 5 Not 6 Not 7: 8
The Lone Saiyan: 6 vs Aiden's Swag Team: 5
PSYCH: 9 vs I Have Hakeem: 4
Kings Of Kings: 3 vs General Grevis: 10
Big Al & The Guards: 7 vs JOB SQUAD: 6

Last edited:

Showtime

Reaction score
I wonder why I'm doing bad...maybe it has something to do with me facing another first seed. In the span of three weeks I've faced the first seed, the second seed and now another first seed.

Not to mention Walker is the sixth seed and KIF is the fourth seed.

THIS SCHEDULING IS BULLSHIT X100. owait, I get to face three of the worst teams in the next three weeks which will probably boost my record(hopefully). Don't try to ESPN me with your standings bullshit PHX. :kobe:

Oh and aside from the GA matchup where I got raped, all the other matchups finished 7-6 or 6-6 or 6-7.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Oh I'm facing Magic? Time to actually fucking try :kobe

Oh, Reddick hurt now too? Nevermind...

When's Rondo back? Maybe Deron will be healthy then too.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
oldman.gif

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Pierce has by far had the biggest fantasy drop of any NBA player this year. By far.

shutupchico

Reaction score
very cool recap, mak. now it's time to show st that his playoff win last year was 100% injury related.

SAL

Reaction score
PHX said:
Number 1 fantasy player Anthony Davis breaks hand - SAL's team gets another win this week oddly all off his wins being 9-4 so far this season remaining on top of his conference and the number 2 team overall but at a cost losing Anthony Davis for a possible extended period of time. Will be interesting to see what kind of impact this has on his team going forward depending how many weeks he will be out for since Davis has been the driving force for his team. This week he takes on KIF's squad that is 4th yes folks 4th in the standings.

don't even care

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Kobe returns as Nash is out with the back, Famar tears a hamstring and is out a month, and Steve Blake hyperextended his shooting elbow to boot.

:kobe::kobe2::kobe3::kobe4:

That Ashanti song applies, not always there when you call but always on time

SAL

Reaction score
what the fuck does that even mean NOTPSYCH

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler