WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
bad news on crew. in order to play 5 on 5 u gotta actually have 5 people searching in the lobby. no cpu fill ins, so gay.
Least of my worries esp when it comes to this part

These will be played on a blacktop court to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball. The games will be to 21
Should have known they were going to fuck it up.

shutupchico

Reaction score
Least of my worries esp when it comes to this part

Should have known they were going to fuck it up.

yea, i hadn't seen it was only to 21 when i made that post. well, i guess i'm done on ps3. will be sad to get rid of it with all the 2k11 memories knowing if they left the servers up, we'd still be playing that shit now, but no point of holding onto it anymore when it's clear crew is gonna make it's comeback on next gen.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They said crew wasn't going to be on next gen though unless they bullshitting on that. But yeah should have known it was sounding too good to be true. They waited all this time to drop bad news and totally ruin my excitement for the game. I swear if NBA Live wants to make a good clean comeback they should put a crew mode on their game.

shutupchico

Reaction score
well they said "crews" wasn't gonna be in next gen. they're gonna come up with something bigger and better, but i'm sure it'll incorporate everything we loved about crew. i'm guessing there's 0% chance of u moving up to ps4?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If I do it won't be soon I know that much. Don't like getting new consoles when they first come out cause they usually end up having bugs n shit they have to work out. And I saw info about the Lebron path to greatness mode and it is one of the laziest modes I've ever seen. Waste of game space they could have used for something else.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
They should have a Javale path to greatness mode, screw following an all-time great to greatness, take a normal, under performing, NBA player and make him the next great.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Okay, so Crew in 2k14:

-You can either play a 3v3 Halfcourt game, or 5v5 Fullcourt
-It's on Blacktop "to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball."
-The games go to 21
-There are the same jersey and logo customization that have been in 2K for literally a decade
-There are leaderboards
-The game setting for Crew games is Superstar Sim
-Defense is supposedly vastly improved and "defense will play a major part in Crews."
-There's fatigue

Uhh...Alright...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Okay, so Crew in 2k14:

-You can either play a 3v3 Halfcourt game, or 5v5 Fullcourt
-It's on Blacktop "to reflect the pick-up game style of basketball."
-The games go to 21
-There are the same jersey and logo customization that have been in 2K for literally a decade
-There are leaderboards
-The game setting for Crew games is Superstar Sim
-Defense is supposedly vastly improved and "defense will play a major part in Crews."
-There's fatigue

Uhh...Alright...
Just a lazy ass upgraded version of blacktop basically which was the worst fear. They have had 3 years to put this together and knew what everyone wanted and still fucked it up. At the very least could have just made a myplayer version of team up.

They should have a Javale path to greatness mode, screw following an all-time great to greatness, take a normal, under performing, NBA player and make him the next great.
Would make more sense than the Lebron mode.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be fair if people didn't hack the damn game and their my players, they would still have crew modes, if I was 2K, I'd cut the server to 13 off when 14 drops so people can't play online. If I left it on, they would have to pay a fee to be honest.

And as far as live its far too cartoony and they have a bad habit of using their abilities to make them god like

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
To be fair if people didn't hack the damn game and their my players, they would still have crew modes, if I was 2K, I'd cut the server to 13 off when 14 drops so people can't play online. If I left it on, they would have to pay a fee to be honest.

And as far as live its far too cartoony and they have a bad habit of using their abilities to make them god like
Don't see the cutting off the 13 server has to do with anything. Not going to really help anything anything that actually matters. Yeah the hackers is why they took it off but that is no excuse for them to take 3 years just to put in this updated blacktop mode and slapped the name crew on it to make people hype for it. They had the biggest names from the 2K community give input listen to it saying how they were going to fix it and did nothing. They got fatigue in the mode but there is no timeouts, no NBA violations no benches making it pointless to have fatigue in there. I've been optimistic and all that but there is no way around calling what they just pulled bullshit.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Makes people but the new game over keeping the old one or buying cheap used copied of 13 and playing online. Never makes sense from a business point or bandwidth to allow people to keep playing the old one online unless if you're charging them a fee for continued use. Is not like having an iPhone 5 or something. The fact is the server should be dedicated to the 14 games of wwe, nba, NHL, and MLB. They need not keep the server overused with the older editions its not practical, it hurts the cats buying the new game, and no business guy would say its sound. They should cut 13 off come January or so after patching all the issues that may arise for 14.

As for crew, I agree with you on some points. I don't have a problem with them taking away nba players and benches as long as they have team up (they should just let you choose the team, not the same team though). I think it needs to be 4 quarters. I have no problem with it being held on a blacktop court since again my players aren't nba players, its glorified And 1 the second you use them. And lastly I don't have a problem with them not adding CPUs to a crew and making you play 5 guys vs 5 controlled guys. Then again I don't by 2k to make a 99 Myp because there should be no such thing same with caws since they are doing the new wwe game, its just stupid and no realistic, and they should have cap offs much like proven nba players

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thing is if you make the game great as not like the game before it then you won't have to worry about people hanging on to the game before it. People wouldn't be asking for the 2k11 servers back if the game after it not only had what they liked from the last game but better stuff to enhance the game. Turning off the servers of the last game and not looking to address things to make the game after it better and with the stuff that would make them not care about the game before is just lazy. No one would have gave a single fuck about the 2k11 servers a few years back had 2k12 had crew just without the ability to hack.

As for crew only thing I really cared about is making it 5 on 5 full court with NBA rules with your myplayers with 4 qrts and leaderboards. The jersey's, the arena was stuff that wasn't a deal breaker. Hell I would have even been okay if they would have just made a myplayer version of team up. Same set up as team up like it's been where you're picked a NBA team but you just have your myplayer guys as starters and if you want can sub in real NBA players who happen to be on the bench. Would have been much better than what they're giving us.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think 4 quarters with my players is fine. Make guys use their timeouts if they want to offset fatigue so they can't just press turbo all game or steady use the ISO stick. That's just me. I don't agree with mixing crew and team up, use real nba teams and arenas for team up; use blacktop arenas or better yet summer league arenas and summer league rules for fouls. I do agree about the 4 quarters thing.

People shouldn't have hacked it, sounds silly but the dumbasses ruined it and its their fault it was taken away from them and no one else's. They will just try to hack them again and make stupid 99 guys that are tall as Yao, big as Shaq, and do stupid shit. That's on 2k as well as they should cap your skills like in my team to only 2-3, and likewise they should make it so a my player can't be a 99 like Jordan when countless other legends don't get that ranking.then again it is what it is, 2K is the best basketball simulation there is, some thing live can't compete with because they tend to focus on arcade aspects with the nba.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The point of what ruined crew is obvious but you're really letting 2k off the hook way too much here. They badly dropped the ball here with this and don't deserve to be defended when it comes to this particular mode.