WS End Of The Year Awards Worst TV Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Worst TV Show

• Raw

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • SD Live

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Impact

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah nah, shit on WWE all you want but if Impact ran as a main WWE show, it would be ripped to shreds. I like Impact but it's clearly a b-grade show with a bunch of has-beens and a few useful future talents. Considering this they do pretty decently but the show just can't compare to WWE shows.

AEW shits on dubdub's two A-shows, though.

Can't agree with you at all on this.

Regardless of how you view Impact's roster, the show is much more compelling in my opinion. It's not a barrage of catch phrases and branding. You don't have robotic promo after robotic promo. You've got long term storylines. You've got a bit of everything from a product standpoint... whether you want sports entertainment, strong style, hardcore, high flying, women's wrestling, risque programming. You never know what you'll see or hear. They really have the gloves off, and that's something a lot of fans wish they could get from WWE.

I'm no WWE hater either. That's just me calling it how I see it. Raw and Smackdown are largely stale and formulaic, with a few glimpses of greatness here and there.

All that aside, I think your assessment of the roster is off base too. Even wrestlers you could call has-beens, such as RVD, are doing some of the best work of their careers right now. And it's not like RVD, Rhyno or Johnny Swinger are in the World Title picture. Impact has a boat load of great talents in their prime right now. Sami, Tessa, Moose, Daga, Elgin, TJP, Edwards, Swann, Mack, The North, The Rascalz, Jordynne, Ace Austin, so on and so forth... Their product is richer with fresh talents doing exciting stuff than WWE's main roster is.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Ace

Reaction score
Can't agree with you at all on this.

Regardless of how you view Impact's roster, the show is much more compelling in my opinion. It's not a barrage of catch phrases and branding. You don't have robotic promo after robotic promo. You've got long term storylines. You've got a bit of everything from a product standpoint... whether you want sports entertainment, strong style, hardcore, high flying, women's wrestling, risque programming. You never know what you'll see or hear. They really have the gloves off, and that's something a lot of fans wish they could get from WWE.

I'm no WWE hater either. That's just me calling it how I see it. Raw and Smackdown are largely stale and formulaic, with a few glimpses of greatness here and there.

All that aside, I think your assessment of the roster is off base too. Even wrestlers you could call has-beens, such as RVD, are doing some of the best work of their careers right now. And it's not like RVD, Rhyno or Johnny Swinger are in the World Title picture. Impact has a boat load of great talents in their prime right now. Sami, Tessa, Moose, Daga, Elgin, TJP, Edwards, Swann, Mack, The North, The Rascalz, Jordynne, Ace Austin, so on and so forth... Their product is richer with fresh talents doing exciting stuff than WWE's main roster is.
I get what you're saying, and I don't thoroughly disagree either.

I just feel like Impact feel like they're "trying harder" but at times it feels quite amateurish and raw.

A lot of this is down to Impact just not having the same financial muscle as WWE to improve its production values and the like. But I agree that there is a lot of exciting talent - I think it's a matter of time before Sami gets picked up by a WWE or AEW, and Jordynne will probably see the same have sooner rather than later.

I'm by no means a WWE mark or an Impact hater, but I think that we judge WWE based upon WWE standards (ie the biggest promotion in the world) and Impact by Impact standards. And by those standards, Impact is definitely on the up, and WWE the down. But play one show after the other and you'll see that WWE is still putting on a more polished product - even if they're not taking as many risks.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I get what you're saying, and I don't thoroughly disagree either.

I just feel like Impact feel like they're "trying harder" but at times it feels quite amateurish and raw.

A lot of this is down to Impact just not having the same financial muscle as WWE to improve its production values and the like. But I agree that there is a lot of exciting talent - I think it's a matter of time before Sami gets picked up by a WWE or AEW, and Jordynne will probably see the same have sooner rather than later.

I'm by no means a WWE mark or an Impact hater, but I think that we judge WWE based upon WWE standards (ie the biggest promotion in the world) and Impact by Impact standards. And by those standards, Impact is definitely on the up, and WWE the down. But play one show after the other and you'll see that WWE is still putting on a more polished product - even if they're not taking as many risks.
Polish in wrestling is not exactly a good thing to me. In fact... I prefer a rawness over a highly sanitized and precise product.

All a matter of preference and perspective, I suppose. Bottom line to me though is if I had to choose between watching Impact or Raw or Smackdown, it's an easy choice for me... I'm going Impact. Now NXT or Dynamite? Or even a main roster PPV? That's a different story.

Ace

Reaction score
Yeah fair enough. If I choose one, it's WWE easily. But I enjoy watching both. So eh. NXT and AEW over both, though.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Impact loses just off the That 70s show ripoff vignettes.,.....Rascals can't play for for shit.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have to assume a lot of people who voted for Impact didn't watch it.

SD in the final two months alone nailed it as the worst show.

EC and I will get Impact from worst to best in 2020!

Reactions: Jimmy King

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi