Wrong Model Announced As Winner

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Australian said:
IT was a live television disaster of the highest order.

The host of Foxtel's Australia's Next Top Model, Sarah Murdoch, last night announced the wrong winner of the reality show's $25,000 prize.

During the live finale at Sydney's Luna Park in front of 2000 people, Murdoch said the winner was Sydney's Kelsey Martinovich.

But after Martinovich, 19, had soaked up the applause and made her acceptance speech, Murdoch's face fell as she listened to the producer's voice in her ear piece.

"Oh my God, I don't know what to say right now," the host said.

As Martinovich and runner-up Amanda Ware looked on, Murdoch said, "I'm feeling a bit sick about this. No. I'm so sorry about this. Oh my God. I don't know what to say. This was a complete accident.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...er/story-e6frg6n6-1225931339053#sidebar-start

"It's Amanda, I'm so sorry. It was fed to me wrong. Oh God. This is what happens when you have live TV, folks. This is insane. Insane, insane, insane."

Ware, 18, was then awarded the top prize, which includes a contract with Priscilla's modelling agency, a $25,000 contract to appear in a Levi's campaign, a trip to New York to meet the Elite agency, a Ford Fiesta Zetec, $20,000 cash and a spread for Harper's Bazaar Australia.

Martinovich was suddenly the loser. But she was gracious in her shock, saying "It's OK" over and over and repeatedly congratulating Ware.

Last night, Foxtel's director of publicity, Jamie Campbell, said Martinovich would also be awarded an overseas trip and $25,000.

I don't watch this show but read this this morning and found it hilarious. Whoever fed the wrong name will be feeling terrible and I do feel sorry for Sarah Murdoch since she clearly was devasted after she realised the mistake. It sounded like the actual runner-up dealt with it quite well which says a lot about her. It was nice of Foxtel to give her a trip and prize as well after this mistake and because it was so close.

Funny thing is, the previous host of this show quit because she was too nervous with live tv now this happens to her replacement. That is the joy of live tv.