Wrestling Smarks Now Ad Free

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Recently we were blocked from Adsense, which was the main way me and Troy covered the costs for the forum and also what we used to fund the various contests we had. To supplement that revenue I was playing with various other ad networks trying to recoup some of funds we used to make from Google. Finding a viable alternative didn't go over so well, Pop Ups and the main reason slow performance has caused us to make the decision to go ad free at this time as we continue to work with Google on getting ad serving re enabled on the site. The forum costs us $100 a month which myself and Troy are happy to pay but any help with VIP purchases would be greatly appreciated. So if you were thinking about going VIP in the past now would be a great time to make the jump as it would help us absorb some of the costs.

Reactions: 1 person

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'm sorry about the situation you find yourself in and empathise with it greatly, but you're doing something wrong if you're paying $100 a month. This site definitely does not require a monthly $100 hosting plan. Maybe you should look at switching hosts to cut costs.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I can say that being VIP is pretty nice. Shoutbox is always full of something fun. Never know what you gonna see there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh shit, this is how my old homes burned down.

[MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION], tell me this ain't happening.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well After the hosting site we were on was crashing numerous times during PPVs I know they upped it. Since then the forum has gone into a lul but it's probably on a contract so they likely don't have a choice until it expires. Also moves are probably even more annoying.

Reactions: 1 person

Ben

Reaction score
Vbulletin is a heavy script the amount of resources it uses is beyond ridiculous...hence the higher hosting level. Could prob go down to a smaller VPS but for us shared hosting is out of the question.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Is Probaoards expensive?

Ben

Reaction score
Is Probaoards expensive?

Proboards is free but garbage.

The much talked about software switch is going to happen relatively soon as doing that will be a small step to alleviate some of the cost issues.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just a quick note, the ads have been changed for the mobile skin so hopefully you don't get that annoying popup that sends you to the app store.