Wrestling Confessions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I have always liked Cena's Basic Thuganomics song, mostly for the music (violins or whatever in the background ftw).

I feel like a huge fucking pussy who should be pushed in the mud right now.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The last time I really liked TNA was in 2009. After that, it's been meh and sometimes good.

TKK

Reaction score
I stopped enjoying TNA once Hardy won the world title, I haven't seen any good in it since then.

swangirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Every time Big E Langstone speaks I sit there thinking this guy should be a face.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
- I think that The Rock sucks major ass.
- I want for CM Punk to feud with Bryan and Cena at WM 30 in the main event, and to win
- I enjoyed most of the wrestling last year
- I loved CM Punk's 360-day title reign...

TKK

Reaction score
Punk's title reign is completely overrated internet fans. It was boring as hell until the build up to the Royal Rumble and didn't provide nearly as many good matches as it should have. (Only Jericho at Extreme Rules and Daniel Bryan at Over The Limit imo)

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Punk's title reign is completely overrated internet fans. It was boring as hell until the build up to the Royal Rumble and didn't provide nearly as many good matches as it should have. (Only Jericho at Extreme Rules and Daniel Bryan at Over The Limit imo)

I thought the title reign was better than every title reign this year and that Punk did get a few good matches/promos in. Jericho at WM, Extreme Rules, Bryan at Over the Limit and MITB, the Rock attack and the Shield promo.

TKK

Reaction score
I thought the title reign was better than every title reign this year and that Punk did get a few good matches/promos in. Jericho at WM, Extreme Rules, Bryan at Over the Limit and MITB, the Rock attack and the Shield promo.

Saying that his reign was better than The Rock's two months and Cena's current really isn't much. Punk/Jericho was only okay in my opinion and his MiTB match was atrocious. It can be summed up as terribly done spots and a very, very, very shitty ending. He didn't pick up any steam until he did his pipebomb shtick on The Rock and at that point he was about 3 weeks away from dropping the strap anyway.

In my opinion, JBL's reign of '04 >>>> Punk's. Punk was definitely one of the best champions in recent memory, but only because he held it for so long and gave it credibility that it lost somewhere between 08-10. It's nowhere near as legendary as it's made out to have been, that's all I'm saying.

Reactions: Swift

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Saying that his reign was better than The Rock's two months and Cena's current really isn't much. Punk/Jericho was only okay in my opinion and his MiTB match was atrocious. It can be summed up as terribly done spots and a very, very, very shitty ending. He didn't pick up any steam until he did his pipebomb shtick on The Rock and at that point he was about 3 weeks away from dropping the strap anyway.

In my opinion, JBL's reign of '04 >>>> Punk's. Punk was definitely one of the best champions in recent memory, but only because he held it for so long and gave it credibility that it lost somewhere between 08-10. It's nowhere near as legendary as it's made out to have been, that's all I'm saying.
I thought that the Punk-Bryan match at MITB was decent enough, or am I confusing that with something else. I dunno, but yes he is one of the best champions in recent memory. Although the credibility he got it is being lost by Rock and Cena who continue to shit on the title again. Woo!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
In what way is Cena "shitting on the title"? It isn't like he in any sort of way is downgrading the belt by holding it. He isn't actively shitting on it in promos or anything like that and he is the most popular guy in the company/the number 1 guy. Him holding the belt = top focus on the belt. He defends it at every ppv as well.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
In what way is Cena "shitting on the title"? It isn't like he in any sort of way is downgrading the belt by holding it. He isn't actively shitting on it in promos or anything like that and he is the most popular guy in the company/the number 1 guy. Him holding the belt = top focus on the belt. He defends it at every ppv as well.

Cena's title reign is like Jeff Hardy's from last year. We just had a new star (counting Punk as new after they botched his last 2 pushes and they finally got him cemented as a main-eventer this time) and there was some buzz about the title, but now that's it's back on Cena it's just business as usual. The reign feels dull and Cena isn't doing much with it, as compelling as his opponents are he isn't doing much. That happens alot but after Punk's reign it really feels like a downer.

Also, another way the internet ruined wrestling: The title reign feels like it's strictly a business move, there's no story they've told to make us feel otherwise, so it's hard to get behind it.

Reactions: swangirl

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't get why people hate RVD. I listened to people all around the internet say that his TNA run was mediocre and that his return to WWE would just be more of the same but once again, I prove why I shouldn't because he's been just as awesome since being back as he was back then. His match with Jericho was just as good as their 2003/2004 bouts.

Reactions: swangirl

David5150

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I actually like the Miz. I like him as a face.