• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I've taken it upon myself to dive into the worlds of different wrestlers in order to better understand them and in doing so, the human condition. There are many sides to all stories and the best way to know them so we can arrive at our own conclusions is to first examine the proof that is shared with us by the superstars that had the bravery to put down on paper accounts of their lives, however brief or detailled.

I'm currently reading Bret Hart's bio. He writes well and reveals some useful facts about harsh childhood discipline, living in the nitty gritty and the strong family bond and the adventures he had with his fellow siblings, including his childhood rivalry with two of his sisters. I like how he describes the phases he went through, how he was introduced to wrestling and the people he came to know.

The only thing I would like to know is why so many children? Stu and Helen could have been better off and I think it was crazy to have as many as they did, given that they lived in such a big place that needed high maintenance. What on earth was going through their minds?