Wrestlers you have changed your mind about?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Used to hate Sheamus a lot but I can appreciate his ring work, and can tolerate him now maybe because he is not so pushed towards the main event, also Randy Orton does not bother me much any more, he has always been a pretty good worker just other things about him bothered me. So what wrestlers have you changed your mind on? Positive or negative.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
My opinion on Randy Orton has changed several times over the past 3 years.. and another wrestler would be Cody Rhodes when he changed to Stardust I stopped enjoying his presence on the program.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm the exact opposite of Sharpy Sandow up there, in that I only started finding Cody Rhodes entertaining when he transformed into the Stardust character. I always found him a good in-ring performer before that, mind you, but he just wasn't enthralling enough as a personality for me to call myself a "fan." Of course, doing a rehash of his brother's gimmick isn't gonna cut it in the long run, but at least for now I can say that I enjoy him more than I did before. Turning he and Goldust heel was stupid, though.

I can also tolerate Sheamus a lot better now that he's in the midcard. He just wasn't interesting enough to carry the show in main event-level feuds.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cody's lisp will always be something that gives me a chuckle, never noticed it that much before..

The Usos are two wrestlers that got really stale and a hatred for them started to grow on me.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I hated the fuck out of David Otunga and before I knew it I became really appreciative of him. I also hated sheamus and now I can actually endure him and even appreciate his work. I'm also on the band wagon of people who hated Bo and praised him ironically only to find themselves bolieving a few months later. Also became a fan of slater after spending almost a year despising him.

Not saying that I did not have any disappointments, though. Brodus, Tensai, Rey mysterio, Zack Ryder were all guys I had a good first impression until they started to bore me out of my socks

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dean Ambrose. People hyped him up so much during The Shield and in my opinion, Reigns and Rollins were far better. I don't hate him as much now, he's growing on me.

Edit: Far better entertainment wise

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm pretty much with CM Punk above on Dean Ambrose. I used to post on another forum where several guys were so high on Ambrose when the Shield first showed up. They were really obsessed, absolutely losing their minds when he came down the aisle in the Royal Rumble. I just really didn't see it at all.

Ambrose began to grow on me after the Shield broke up. I didn't really know how small he was until I saw him without the Shield ring gear on. His "crazy" character than came into play. When I was in high school I was 5'7" and about 130 pounds... basically I had to act like a psychopath in order to get bigger guys to leave me alone. So I have an affinity for small psychopaths (On an off note, my lunatic gimmick in high school ironically backfired and rather than avoid me, the popular group sort of adopted me). But he plays the character well and he's definitely good in the ring so he's one of the guys in WWE I like the most right now.

The biggest change ever was probably with Ric Flair. When Flair had his dominant run in the 80's, I was pretty young and was typical of young fans only liking faces and hating heels. I have no memory of how it changed, but it changed enough that Ric became my favorite wrestler and has remained such ever since.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'm pretty much with CM Punk above on Dean Ambrose. I used to post on another forum where several guys were so high on Ambrose when the Shield first showed up. They were really obsessed, absolutely losing their minds when he came down the aisle in the Royal Rumble. I just really didn't see it at all.

Ambrose began to grow on me after the Shield broke up. I didn't really know how small he was until I saw him without the Shield ring gear on. His "crazy" character than came into play. When I was in high school I was 5'7" and about 130 pounds... basically I had to act like a psychopath in order to get bigger guys to leave me alone. So I have an affinity for small psychopaths (On an off note, my lunatic gimmick in high school ironically backfired and rather than avoid me, the popular group sort of adopted me). But he plays the character well and he's definitely good in the ring so he's one of the guys in WWE I like the most right now.

The biggest change ever was probably with Ric Flair. When Flair had his dominant run in the 80's, I was pretty young and was typical of young fans only liking faces and hating heels. I have no memory of how it changed, but it changed enough that Ric became my favorite wrestler and has remained such ever since.
I experienced similar in high school. As a freshman, I wanted to do what I wanted and when I wanted.
To make this clear, I got fresh with the girlfriend of a senior who was a three-sport star.
She slapped me, then ran and got the entire baseball team when I was by myself.
I told those a**holes, "If you're gonna kick my a**, then do it". They backed away and didn't even touch me.
I continued this behavior with all the bada**es. I earned nothing but respect points for it.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
I've grown to like Ambrose a lot more than before. Heath Slater also...appreciate the OMRB way more now.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
For me it's Dolph never used to like him when he ran with Vicky but I have changed my mind this past year, now one of my favourite superstars. Another one is Batista for the opposite reason, I now have gone off him because of his absence from WWE in 2010 and that his run from pre 2009 made me hyped for his athletic ability but he did not deliver.

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
For me I didn't always like The Shield or The Wyatt Family. I really don't know when I started liking both teams, but I knew The Shield and Wyatt Family match was an amazing match. It was kind of something I always wanted to happen. Also as weird as it may seem, I didn't always like Dean Ambrose. I felt like Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins were more exciting in The Shield. Maybe I didn't give Ambrose enough credit when he was in the Shield. I've loved Ambrose's solo career.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Yeah definitely liking the Shield members more now that they have split.

A big one for me in this category though is the Miz. I still don't like him that much or want him to win anything but this whole movie star gimmick with Sandow as the copycat stunt double is amusing as hell. I even gave props to the Usos for playing along with it the last time Miz faced one of them in singles action.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I experienced similar in high school. As a freshman, I wanted to do what I wanted and when I wanted.
To make this clear, I got fresh with the girlfriend of a senior who was a three-sport star.
She slapped me, then ran and got the entire baseball team when I was by myself.
I told those a**holes, "If you're gonna kick my a**, then do it". They backed away and didn't even touch me.
I continued this behavior with all the bada**es. I earned nothing but respect points for it.

Sorry I didn't get back on this sooner... it was a busy week. Yeah that's a cool story. Confidence and a mite bit of crazy behavior does wonders against bigger guys. It's like a friend of mine once said, "400 pounds is nowhere near as scary as batshit crazy."