Wrestler Rating Series #9 - Shawn Michaels

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How would you rate HBK as an overall wrestler on a scale 1-10?

Results are only viewable after voting.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
giphy.gif

The Showstopper, The Main Event, The Headliner, Mr. Wrestlemania - yours sincerely, the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels!! The guy that turned face in real life becoming a devout Christian and stopping to bury every single wrestler he disliked.

Truly phenomenal in-ring talent. If there was a perfect moveset it's HBK's, it either perfectly fitted his persona or he performed all the moves borderline perfectly, I would say it's both. He used to wrestle very old school, something like Undertaker except HBK was much better. Diving elbow drop, the Sweet Chin Music, modified figure four leg lock, flying clothesline... Loved basically every move he was doing. He was a good technician, brawler, occassional high flyer, grappler. Basically any wrestling skill you can think of, he was either good or very good at it. Some of the best matches in the bussines belong to Shawn Michaels. He knew how to turn chicken shit into chicken salad that much that I imagine even if he wrestled Roman Reigns it would turn out to be a good match. A lot of guys try to copy his style so obviously(read: Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler etc..), but it doesn't ever work, there is only one HBK.

When it comes to non-wrestling abilities he was also amazing, but still mostly worse than in-ring, which isn't a big deal considering how good he was in the squared circle. Damn that voice tho, it's like chainsaw cutting autumn wood somewhere in the Texas mountains.. He had decent mic skills, his promos were always causing reactions, either the funny DX ones or hateful Bret Hart feud ones. He might've been better on the mic, but considering his other skills it wasn't much needed. Character work quite simple but yet so good, he didn't change much persona's and frankly it wasn't needed, there is something about the HBK character that never gets old, like RKO's outta nowhere or something. Charisma very good, one of the few guys that could get massive reactions without much talk. Imo one of the best heels in WWE history, I'll never forget that scene of him drugged outta his mind wiping his ass with a Canadian flag IN CANADA. He was okay as a babyface as well, just didn't bring as much heat as he did as a heel.

When it comes to rating there is not much thinking needed, Shawn is an upfront 10/10. Imo he's somewhere in the top 3 of all time greats and most probably the #1.
Cast a vote in the poll and tell the WWEF crew what you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
There are very few superstars that I would ever give a 10/10, but Shawn is one of those guys. He had a 5 moves of doom moveset, but could shape shift and adapt to any opponent or match. A true talent in the ring, on the mic, and always believable.

He should’ve been world champ more, but he chose not to be. He’s in my top 5 of all time.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I give good ol HB Shizzle a 9/10 he's one of the greatest of all time.

I'm still awed by how great HBK vs Angle was. Tears of joy came out of me that day. Beautiful match

And whenever I need a stress reliever I will definitely watch a HBK vs Hart or HBK vs Taker match. Aww the relief....

Shawn Michaels has left us with so many memories.

You cannot compare anyone else to him.

HBK 4EVER

Reactions: white crow

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm still awed by how great HBK vs Angle was. Tears of joy came out of me that day. Beautiful match
When and on what ppv was that? I reccomend you Benoit vs Angle Unforgiven 2002 bruh, tears of joy guaranteed.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
When and on what ppv was that? I reccomend you Benoit vs Angle Unforgiven 2002 bruh, tears of joy guaranteed.
HBK vs Angle was at WM 21 2005 enjoy...

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Seriously haven’t seen that match? It’s like 40 mins long and one of the best matches ever, literally.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Seriously haven’t seen that match? It’s like 40 mins long and one of the best matches ever, literally.
Nah bro. Never really heard of that match either tbh, I always looked at '05 as a boring year for WWE

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Nah bro. Never really heard of that match either tbh, I always looked at '05 like it was a boring year for wrestling
It basically was a boring year, but you have to watch that match... literally the back and forth and intensity. It’s crazy good.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
It basically was a boring year, but you have to watch that match... literally the back and forth and intensity. It’s crazy good.
Will do tommorow, network subscription is there. Weird that I never even knew hbk and angle wrestled on wm xd

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I just wish HBK would have went over Hulk Blow-gan at Summer Slam 05

But since Hogan was a ego assh*le he didn't let him.

That's why I'm glad Shawn Slapped the Shit outta him in that match and overselled.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
They had a rematch that same year and the rematch was good, but mania was more epic.
It's crazy how HBK has far best matches at WM. Remember the two matches vs Taker, one with Flair, one vs Benoit vs hhh, and finally that one you are talking about. The first four qualify for matches of the decade, and I guess vs Angle sure does as well. Shawn is a bloody legend

EDIT: Gotta add that one from wm20

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It's crazy how HBK has far best matches at WM. Remember the two matches vs Taker, one with Flair and finally that one you are talking about. The first three qualify for matches of the decade, and I guess vs Angle sure does as well. Shawn is a bloody legend
Agreed. And that’s why he’s a 10. Almost nobody has matches of the decade and can only compete with himself. Lol

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Not sure whether to give him an 8 or 9, especially since by the time I started watching wrestling he was nearly done (started watching in 2009, he retired in 2010).

But of the matches I did see from him (I have also seen some of his older matches), he appears to be one of the GOATs in the ring. He can cut an effective promo, and his charisma (especially being alongside Hunter in DX) is off the charts.

His 2 matches with Undertaker at Mania are among my favourite matches of all time.

I think I will give him a 9.