Wrestler Rating Series #5 - Finn Balor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How would you rate Finn as an overall wrestler on a scale 1-10?

Results are only viewable after voting.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Another one of wrestlers that have serious skills in one field and not so good ones in the other. Rating will probably vary considering which things you consider most important.

In my opinion, Finn is very good in-ring. His moveset is very exciting and perfectly fits his wrestling persona. He hardly ever botches and performs everything with style.Coup de Grace is an awesome move we got to see in WWE because of him. He’s currently in top 10 best purely in-ring wrestlers on the roster with a unique style WWE hasn’t seen in a long time. In general, Finn can always put on a 5 star ppv match with anybody, but the problem is that he doesn’t have main-eventer like charisma. In some aspects not appropriate one even for a mid-carder.

His character work is on average level, better than some wrestlers’ but still nothing special. The demon persona wouldn’t fit his presence full-time but it is fine occasionaly. His full time character, normal Balor, needs some more work. It’s not entertaining anymore especially because he lacks mic skills. With this kind of mic ability he would need something more interesting in his presence and character to make his matches more appealing to people. His charisma is even worse than his character work and he hasn’t built significant connection with the crowd yet. Again, in that field he’s also average, so not bad, but certainly not enough good to put him in a world title picture.

My overall grade would be 7/10 with a tendency towards 8. In-ring abilities are always #1 for me but he still needs to work on non-wrestling part.
What’s your take on Balor? Feel free to cast your vote in the poll and share your thoughts in a comment.

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Is this based solely on WWE or can I factor in his time Japan? I ask because the score will differ. Also, it is spelt Coup De Grace, if you want to change it.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Jeff...Bro...that level of jealously is not healthy.
Not jealousy... pure opinion based on what he's done in wrestling. The second part of the statement was me trying to further my point by saying if it wasn't for those two things, people would probably see him the same way I do

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I enjoyed his matches in NXT, a 8/10 there.
After the call-up to the main roster, he's just boring and the matches suck. 4/10

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This one would be a weird one if you go by the letter grades... I used to really not like Balor. Though while I wonder if it's because he had my least favorite NXT title reign ever (there was no emotion to it like most NXT reigns, just the first "Look! That guy you liked there? He's now here!" guy), he always came across as just a guy to me. Like he's okay enough but there's a bunch of guys on the roster I'd be okay seeing ahead of him, even without storyline focus.

But now that I've seen Ricochet seem like a JAG, I've wanted to see more of his NJPW stuff. What's this guy actually capable of?

Reactions: bullyballmm

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
But now that I've seen Ricochet seem like a JAG, I've wanted to see more of his NJPW stuff. What's this guy actually capable of?
Are you asking for Finn's New Japan matches or Ricochet's New Japan Matches?