Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The way I see it, the potential card looks like:
- Reigns vs Triple H/Brock Lesnar
- Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens/Bray Wyatt
- Undertaker vs Kevin Owens/Kane
- Intercontinental Ladder Match/ Ambrose vs Jericho
-Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks
- The New Day vs Lucha Dragons vs Enzo & Cass vs TBA(maybe 'Bullet Club')
- Alberto Del Rio vs Finn Balor/AJ Styles/A call up

It's not jam packed with stars, sure, but I do think it could be a decent enough show that would sell tickets.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Honestly, this whole Mania show may wind up awkward already, but that's the appeal for me. We can pretty much write in pen that it'll be Reigns vs Triple H - if they don't get hurt by then - for the title. The rest is pure chaos right now. We can assume Ambrose vs Jericho but I have no earthly idea about the rest of the card. That's an advantage, WWE. Treat it as such, and use the awkwardness of this show to deviate from formula enough to make something memorable.

TL;DR: Hope the buildup isn't boring as piss

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
With how WWE has booked the last few PPVS the matches won't even be decided until like a week before the event happens

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Wrestlemania sells almost entirely on brand name no matter what the actual card is (hence why most tickets are already sold months before a single match is even announced), so the show will be a guaranteed success either way. However, when it comes to breaking the all-time attendance record, it ain't happening. Just ain't happening. I don't even think they stand much chance of breaking their own supposed 93,000 record from WM 3. They'd need something really special like the return of Stone Cold and/or a high-profile celebrity in a really hot angle that captured the attention and imagination of the public, and even then it's doubtful they'll sell the number of tickets they want to.

In either case, the uncertainty as to what we'll end up getting is at least making this an interesting Road To Mania to say the least:

Reigns/HHH is obvious unless Rock gets the clearance to wrestle, then it becomes Rock/HHH and Reigns/Lesnar. Rock/Lesnar is easily the biggest match they could do, but it has such small chance of happening that I won't even seriously consider it.

We know The Undertaker will be there and there's the lingering question of whether this year could be his swan song or not (I doubt it will be.) If it is, that opens up a couple interesting possibilities, especially with Cena . Maybe he'll put over Bray Wyatt and officially christen him as "The New Phenom/Face Of Fear." Maybe he'll work with Kevin Owens and let KO beat him instead. Or maybe they'll resort back to one last program with Brock Lesnar and have The Beast retire him once and for all (or conversely, have him finally score a victory over Lesnar and finally ride off into the sunset with his head held high after finally conquering his greatest foe.)

As far as Brock is concerned, if he isn't working Reigns, then it's either Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt, or the aforementioned fourth (technically seventh, but who's counting) and final encounter with The Dead Man. I thought over a month ago that Sheamus may have even been a slight possibility, but he's jobbed to Reigns so many times in a row now and even just lost to Brock himself on a house show that I struggle to think what the point would be.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Things Vince will never get:
Legitimate outdoor sellout record.
Sponsorship from a big automobile brand.

Also this is the list of things Vince cries himself to sleep over at night

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The way I see it, the potential card looks like:
- Reigns vs Triple H/Brock Lesnar
- Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens/Bray Wyatt
- Undertaker vs Kevin Owens/Kane
- Intercontinental Ladder Match/ Ambrose vs Jericho
-Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks
- The New Day vs Lucha Dragons vs Enzo & Cass vs TBA(maybe 'Bullet Club')
- Alberto Del Rio vs Finn Balor/AJ Styles/A call up

It's not jam packed with stars, sure, but I do think it could be a decent enough show that would sell tickets.

While I agree with how the potential WM card would look like, are we really gonna get Becky vs Sasha? I mean, I'd have nothing against it, but let's not forget about Charlotte. This is Ric Flair's daughter we're talking about. She prolly won't be left out of the match. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if she got a longer reign than Nikki.

Becky is the only babyface in the division now and Sasha Banks has been booked as a nobody so far. Sure, things can change in the next 3 months, but I doubt Charlotte gets left out of the divas title match at Mania.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah, seems they'll ride this Diva's Championship reign of Charlotte's all the way out till Wrestlemania, if not after as well. Would be pretty stupid not to, tbh. Maybe we'll get a triple-threat match between her, Paige, and Becky at Mania. The three former friends and members of Team PCB squaring off against one another.

woz75

Jobber
Reaction score
will be a great show - just watch

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It'll be a good mania at best. Highlight matches will be:

Roman and triple h
Rock and Brock
KO and taker