WrestleMania 29 Sets Earnings Record for WWE, Preliminary Pay-Per-View Buy Estimate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Re: WrestleMania 29 Sets Earnings Record for WWE, Preliminary Pay-Per-View Buy Estima

Had to go to false finishes and rest spots because Rock got hurt half way through the match, probz would've got table spots, crowd spots and even more old Rock spots, than we got. But somebody came in too damn muscular tore something.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: WrestleMania 29 Sets Earnings Record for WWE, Preliminary Pay-Per-View Buy Estima

You can criticize it all you want, but it being a draw is all the proof you need for justifying such a supposed lame mainevent. I didn't find it boring if I'm being honest, and the crowd at the event didn't find it boring, because they actually got off their hands unlike the Triple H/Brock Lesnar match.

Criticize all you want, just accept the facts.
What are you taking about? No shit when it comes to the obvious reasons as to why the match happened again no one ever debated that point. Everyone whether they wanted the match to happen or not was at least aware as to why it happened that still doesn't mean anyone has to automatically like it just because of that that doesn't make sense. No one on this forum myself included never denied any facts just stating something called an opinion. Just cause the crowd liked it doesn't mean you have to force yourself to like it. If you're going to like or dislike something it should be based on your own opinion not because the masses said so.

Reaction score

Had to go to false finishes and rest spots because Rock got hurt half way through the match, probz would've got table spots, crowd spots and even more old Rock spots, than we got. But somebody came in too damn muscular tore something.

Picked that up from the dirt sheets or old fashion knowledge :p? Probably right either way, seeing as they did end this years show 15 odd minutes early compared to last year where they finished with five minutes to spare.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

What are you taking about? No shit when it comes to the obvious reasons as to why the match happened again no one ever debated that point. Everyone whether they wanted the match to happen or not was at least aware as to why it happened that still doesn't mean anyone has to automatically like it just because of that that doesn't make sense. No one on this forum myself included never denied any facts just stating something called an opinion. Just cause the crowd liked it doesn't mean you have to force yourself to like it. If you're going to like or dislike something it should be based on your own opinion not because the masses said so.

Anyone can have opinions, just don't let it get in the way of facts. Rock and Cena sold the show out two years in a row. You don't have to like the match, I never said you had to. I was merely saying it was a draw, thus proving that WWE was right in booking it.

That's a fact. Not an opinion.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Picked that up from the dirt sheets or old fashion knowledge :p? Probably right either way, seeing as they did end this years show 15 odd minutes early compared to last year where they finished with five minutes to spare.

I wasn't on the net for about two weeks after Mania week, and I don't follow dirtsheets, but I saw the tweet at Raw and it made complete sense. Especially when you know that Pat Patterson is the agent for all of Rocks matches and he spaces his matches out to make it look like the greatest thing ever. Because Patterson loves Rock and has been his agent since day one. Had to figure the thing was basically "let's go home!" with Rock gutting it out literally. Which furthers my appreciation for that match tbh.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Anyone can have opinions, just don't let it get in the way of facts. Rock and Cena sold the show out two years in a row. You don't have to like the match, I never said you had to. I was merely saying it was a draw, thus proving that WWE was right in booking it.

That's a fact. Not an opinion.
If people in this thread were saying "I don't understand why they did the match again from a business standpoint" then I would get the point of you bringing up the obvious that it is a draw but that isn't the case. In stating facts you were making it seem like because of that fact that people on a wrestling forum didn't have the right to dislike the match and not wanting it to happen because it was a draw which is silly. If you liked the match that's fine and would understand you defending it from that standpoint. Just using the it is a draw so accept it and leave the match alone is weak.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

If people in this thread were saying "I don't understand why they did the match again from a business standpoint" then I would get the point of you bringing up the obvious that it is a draw but that isn't the case. In stating facts you were making it seem like because of that fact that people on a wrestling forum didn't have the right to dislike the match and not wanting it to happen because it was a draw which is silly. If you liked the match that's fine and would understand you defending it from that standpoint. Just using the it is a draw so accept it and leave the match alone is weak.

Proven Draw and nit-picking is what I brought up. Hardly an indictment on this thread. And being a draw is hardly a weak point, it is THE POINT. Just because you can't argues against facts, doesn't mean you get to play cards you haven't been dealt.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Jesus fucking christ for the last time I WAS NOT even attempting to argue against facts just don't care about it when it comes to my enjoyment of a feud or match. Saying I didn't like the match or didn't care to personally see happen again isn't nitpicking it giving your thoughts on how you felt about the match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

You took my words twisted it around added counter points and continued to do so. Call me crazy, but I would think that is the definition of arguing against the facts.

Swearing and capital letters means you are winning I might add.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

If I was arguing against facts then I would have tried to make a case as to why Rock/Cena wasn't a draw which I didn't do.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Then why the fuck are you still continuing to point me out and tell me how wrong I am about something you yourself are not even clear about.

serial trollololol job itt.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

The wwe made the match because Rock vs Cena draws, period, point blank. Rather smarks like the match or not it drew, it sold, it broke records, and that got guys paychecks and sent mass fans who traveled the world or ordered the show home happy.

That said not everyone will like Rock and Cena. Some are too stupid to admit or see why they were given a second match and will possibly be given a trilogy, keyword, some. There's another portion who get damn well why they had the match, that this is a business, that they cater to paying customers and casuals, but they don't have to like the actual matchup or in ring action. Be it the build, the way the match was worked, or they have their own Cena and/or Rock, part timer, whatever bias and agenda to promote. That's why they can care less and even hope there never a part 3, which is their right.

I fall in the economic side where I know damn well why they had Rock/Cena or Trips/Taker multiple times. I'm not naive enough to look at it in the real world view because I know if it don't make dollars it will never make sense as this isn't TNA, Heymans ecw, or WCW .... This is wwe, this is Vince mcmahons company and its why its still in business, still making millions, getting sponsors, has part timers, went pg, and has 5 different network TV deals, he's a real world economical bastard. That said I also can acknowledge the match was the third best match out of the three main events. However I won't overlook on the fly booking and audibles for when a guy gets hurt as shit happens and you try to work around it best you can. I wouldn't mind a trilogy at all occurring next year because I'm going and seeing Rock wrestle Cena is big no matter how people want to cut it. That said I can accept others don't want to see it.

I still however will laugh at anyone who says Rock/Cena shouldn't have happened and that it wasn't successful. Same with anyone who can't see why part timers or the rock are important and didnt waste their damn time wrestling a Kofi or jobbing out their status like the whores Foley or Jericho for a check. Especially laugh at the turn Cena heel crowd or he's made enough money to withstand them losing profits, as that just isn't feasible when he can generate this much on the other side of these matches in his current role, hell its idiotic to suggest a turn when you see what revenue he can generate just being himself and not catering to the fans who say turn heel and won't actually help said turn by buying his merch, buying ppvs over illegally streaming and downloading them, or are too cool to say they like wrestling which is why the turns of darlings Bryan and Punk didnt mean shit grand scale.

Still though in the words of Bobby Brown, its your prerogative to not want it to happen, and I can respect that as long as you say it wasn't successful or shouldn't have happened because then and only then are you lying. Its your right to say you disliked the match or promo work whatever. Can't argue that, won't argue that opinion as everyone has their own taste; just lets not ever pretend like its not the correct business choice because that's facts and figures

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Then why the fuck are you still continuing to point me out and tell me how wrong I am about something you yourself are not even clear about.

serial trollololol job itt.
Uh maybe because you kept going on about me trying to argue about facts when I wasn't? I was pretty clear in everything I said you were going on about how Rock/Cena is a draw and how the fans in the arena received it, I was going on about my opinion of the match and that had nothing to do with if it was a draw or not. I see nothing confusing or unclear about that.