WrestleMania 27: Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Rate the Game Day 10

Fifa 2007 scored 49.5

The next game up is:
MortalCombat_ShaolinMonks_01.jpg

Mortal Kombat Trilogy did suck, but Shaolin Monks, despite a few rough edges, not only offers a good single-player game, but delivers an extraordinary co-op game.

Finally breaking free from the confines of the fighting genre, Midway's Shaolin Monks brings the fighting army of Kombatants into a different setting, yet retains the fighting moves, styles, personalities and Kombat lore that have made the franchise such a strange cultural phenomenon. Shaolin Monks is a pretty basic action-adventure title, but because the fighting move list is so deep and the action so fun, the result produces an arcade-style joy like few other games have. It's all about the co-op game.

I used to play this game alot it is a decent games could be improved in some areas but overall it is quite decent 6/10

Wrestling Station

It will never be as the first editions i played in (SEGA). Especially MK4 was awesome. The new editions i cant see them as "wow" just decent but not that big. I also think that a very very old game shouldn't been taken till today. I mean, updating or releasing new version of the same game is just sick. Better to develop new games with new graphics and characters not the same all the time!! i give it 6/10 at most.

Soulpower

5/10... Much like Mortal Kombat Mythologies for the PS one, this is just a decent game, could be better but it proves once again that MOrtal Kombat games should only be fighting games.

circle

Reaction score
The game was o.k., but it was barely average to me

6/10

phantomgerald

4/10. mortal kombat would have been remembered as a legend if it stopped five years ago. now its just stupid

paladin

Reaction score
It's decent. I like it sometimes but other times i hate it. So I'd give it 5/10.

The A-man

Reaction score
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks has the destinction of being the ONLY good MK related beat'em-up.

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero: The first in a planned series of MK spinoff games featuring popular characters from the fighting games. MKM:SZ, a platform game, focused on the original Sub-Zero and his missions just prior to the first Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat: Special Forces: An action game also set prior to the first Mortal Kombat, featuring Jax's pursuit of Kano. Originally Sonya was to have starred as well, though she was cut after Tobias left Midway. This is the only Mortal Kombat game which does not feature some incarnation of Sub-Zero. Both of these games SUCKED ASS!!!!!

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is the ninth game in the controversial Mortal Kombat series. Shaolin Monks was developed and published by Midway for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox and was released September 16th, 2005 in the United States. In October 2004, the president of Midway, David F. Zucker, called the release of Shaolin Monks the "first step toward delivering something that Mortal Kombat fans have been calling for: a new game set in the Mortal Kombat universe every year."

The game has received enthusiastic reviews from critics and gamers alike, especially in comparison with the previous two spin-offs (Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero and Mortal Kombat: Special Forces), which were critical and commercial failures. Among the game's strongest points include its efficient and simple gameplay and a well-received soundtrack (many songs are actually re-mixes of Mortal Kombat I and II tracks) as well as having a large arsenal of gruesome finishing moves that can be performed at almost any time.

I rate it a 9/10 for the fact that its a good spin-off from the series, but could've used more time for improvement.

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
Its good but not as good as the new one, Armaggeddon
Trilogy has got to be the best, or close to, 2d fighter game ever made.

But I give shaolin monks a 7.5/10

ray

Reaction score
6/10 i thinks it's good enough to play... depends on u'r mood

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler