Wow RE: The WWE Title Match From Yesterday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Well done Miz. For the first time in his career, Miz actually held his own in a match. Instead of sucking off the popularity of Cena, Orton, or Lawler, Miz was forced to work with someone who is only is as popular as he is and he did really well. Great facial expressions, and while Morrison's spots are the highlights of the match, Miz was damn good in the match as well.

Reaction score
That was indeed a great match. The crowd was hot, which always makes a match stand out, however, they actually let Miz win cleanly, which is a big deal. I do think for a "Falls Count Anywhere" match they could have gone into the backstage for at least another 1 or 2 spots.

Reaction score
So, let me understand you better. You're claiming that Morrison didn't carry the Miz. That Miz finally held his own. That the Miz had a good match. But let me guess, that match didn't have any heat, right? Nice attempt of trying to disguise a biased hatred laced insult as a backhanded compliment.

This match was very entertaining, no doubt. Just another good match by a champion that is improving, as he has for sometime, every time out.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I do agree that miz is improving.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Nah the match had heat. But I have, and will always contend that you don't give a title to a guy who needs to "improve" as he isn't the best.

Airfixx

Reaction score
You're one of only a few peeps that say he "needs" to improve tho', K.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Two people just said he's been improving. Why bother mentioning it if there isn't room for him to get better? Yeah he does need to improve. Why? Because despite the match being totally inferior and with one only really strong character (along with one who is also improving) the crowd responded much more to the triple threat main event instead of Miz and Morrison.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
People can always further improve themselves. That doesn't mean that they needed improvement in the first place.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
And please don't tell me that you're calling John Morrison a strong character.

Veritas

Reaction score
Nah the match had heat. But I have, and will always contend that you don't give a title to a guy who needs to "improve" as he isn't the best.

You know The Rock was only 2-years into his career and was still improving when he got the World title, right? Same with Cena. Same with Orton. Same with Batista.

Sometimes, you just have to give a guy the ball and see what he can do with it. Has Miz hurt the company in any way since he became Champion? Nope, quite the contrary, he's actually helped them. Look at how much media jumped all over the story.

Miz is quickly becoming one of the go-to guys for media appearences (ala Cena & Show), he's taking acting classes, he's taking speech classes, he's taking foreign language classes - the guy is doing everything in his power to show WWE they made the right choice by putting the title on him. As someone else said, there is always room for improvement and Miz is improving faster than anyone else currently on the roster.

I used to hate the guy but, sometime during his "feud" with Cena I came around. He deserves everything he's gotten so far.

Kaedon

Reaction score
You know The Rock was only 2-years into his career and was still improving when he got the World title, right? Same with Cena. Same with Orton. Same with Batista.
Apparently I'm not allowed to compare the Miz to The Rock, because that's unfair. However, if I were, Id say that the Rock had a) had time in the USWA long before he sniffed the WWE working with legends and gaining more valuable experience than the Miz got with working with nobodies in OVW and b) it's in his blood and he's been around it his whole life.

Let's compare the Rock to The Miz shall we? The Rock walks, talks, and acts like a star. Miz, while getting better, walks, talks and acts like a guy who is trying to be a star, hence why he has to take ACTING CLASSES. He's not a natural, and if you're going to give a greenhorn the title, give it to one who's at least a natural, not someone who needs to take classes.

Sometimes, you just have to give a guy the ball and see what he can do with it. Has Miz hurt the company in any way since he became Champion? Nope, quite the contrary, he's actually helped them. Look at how much media jumped all over the story.

If the Miz was never on the Real World, no one would care about him. This is, I think, one of the only reasons the guy got the title. It has nothing to do with him being good, it has to do with his Q rating, and how much play the WWE can get from it. Forget the fact that he's not one of the top 10 stars in the company, "Dude MTV and EXTRA will jump ALL OVER IT!!" Great short term reasoning, shit long term vision.

And yeah MS: JoMo is a strong character, ask the fans who saw him drag Sheamus to a passable match as he was the only one garnering a reaction.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Seems like The Miz just tries too much to BE like The Rock. There are many differences with The Rock and Miz. One being The Rock was funny and cool. The Miz on the other hand... his "I'm The Miz and I'm AWESOME" is idiotic. I can just see a casual wrestling fan who has not watched wrestling in a few years turn on RAW one night and see some ass clown out there saying that he is awesome in such a manner that The Rock would of done. Now I like Miz don't get me wrong, BUT in my eyes he will never be in The Rock's league. Miz definitely could become another Chris Jericho.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Two people just said he's been improving.

Maybe, but that has no direct bearing on your claim that he "NEEDS" to improve.

Why bother mentioning it if there isn't room for him to get better? Yeah he does need to improve.

As per my prev. post:

"You're one of only a few peeps that say he "needs" to improve tho', K."

Unless you have reached perfection there is always room for improvement. You're simply saying that unless you are perfect then you "NEED" to improve.... Bullshit.

Name me one perfect, flawless wrestler on the WWE roster.....

Why? Because despite the match being totally inferior and with one only really strong character (along with one who is also improving) the crowd responded much more to the triple threat main event instead of Miz and Morrison.

So the champ has to have match of the week every week now in order to justify his reign does he? : S-I-G-H:

Edit: As for the reaction to the two matches.... I'm curious.... You don't think the title match would have got a stronger reaction if switched places on the card with the triple threat and Miz/JoMo wasn't faced with a virtually 'cold' crowd at the start of the night (and vice versa)?

Kaedon

Reaction score
There is no perfect wrestler, but there are guys who aren't still learning as they go, who are established and who can carry the company, Miz can't. And no, the order of the matches on the card means absolutely dick. In the history of the WWE, there are always matches that steal the show that are not in the main event. If CM Punk/John Cena opens a card and Miz and Orton close the show, guess what match gets the biggest response? Why? Because one match has two guys who are over like a motherfucker and have been for a while, and the other has one guy who's like that and another who is taking fucking ACTING LESSONS. Thank you, come again.