Wounded Soldiers & Veterans Set To Attend Upcoming RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
- WWE sent out this press release today.

Wounded Soldiers And Veterans Get Assist From WWE®

STAMFORD, Conn., June 19, 2008- Thirty wounded soldiers and veterans will be special VIP guests of World Wrestling Entertainment® at the June 30 "Monday Night RAW®" when the show is broadcast live from the Ford Center in Oklahoma City on USA Network.

The local Oklahoma City chapter of the national organization Soldiers' Angels contacted hometown celebrity Jim "J.R. ®" Ross, the legendary announcer for RAW and a WWE Hall of Famer, about having the soldiers and veterans attend. J.R. put the wheels in motion with WWE to finalize the arrangements. "The servicemen and women who are guests of WWE are like family to us. I find it an honor to be able to play a small role in helping these brave war veterans who have been wounded in action see a night of entertainment that they will not soon forget," said J.R., who added that WWE provides free tickets to all active duty military personnel who provide military ID the day of any WWE events across the U.S. that are not sold out.

In recognition of its continued support of the U.S. military and their families, particularly through its annual holiday Tribute to the Troops tour of war zones in Iraq and Afghanistan, WWE recently received the Corporate Patriot Award at the annual GI Film Festival in Washington, D.C. Other past honors for WWE have been the first ever "Legacy of Hope" award from the USO of Metropolitan Washington, The Army Air Force Exchange Service Award in gratitude for WWE's efforts to improve the quality of life for troops by supporting service members and their families worldwide and the Secretary of Defense Exceptional Public Service Award for exceptional public service in support of deployed military personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I think this is very cool, even though the war is unpopular and will spark an instant debate it does not change the fact that men and women were wounded in the line of duty... Big ups to the WWE for doing this :y:

On a side-note: I bet a wounded soldier could put on a better match than John Cena.

Vandy316

Reaction score
nice. the wwe always seems to support the troops better than the other pro sports.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm glad to see WWE doing this...but I bet the media won't say anything about this because its a positive on WWE and the media only likes to put WWE and wrestling down....I never hear them talk positive about WWE...so I say..F the Media...now that my rant on the Media is over....back to the topic

but yea like I said this is very cool of them to do and I hope they have a great night..

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
This is normally the only time that you'll get to see wounded Soldiers. All main stream media is spin and lies. Its all about ratings and getting the masses to care about useless shit like Britney Spears and not the fact that freedom of speech is dying

So good. For once in what seems like forever, WWE is doing something good, and actually showing the truth about the war.

Vandy316

Reaction score
i sent an e-mail to CNN, hopefully they send something back. i hate Nancy Grace with a passion

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
They probably won't....and I hate the fact that bitch is from my hometown...Mostly all media hates wrestling now and will do anything to bash it...then when a good new story comes up like I said they won't even f'n talk about it...which I think is stupid as hell and if I worked for CNN I would have done got fired cause I would have probably went off on CNN and all of the people on other news networks like Fox and MSNBC and what ever other ones they got are.

Vandy316

Reaction score
yeah become an anchor man and on a live broadcast just start bitching about them

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
yeah become an anchor man and on a live broadcast just start bitching about them

go to HIAT...I made a whole thread about the media...

lol.

This is pretty cool, I like how WWE is supporting the troops and this shows how patriotic Vince really is.

Yep it is pretty cool...WWE does alot with the troops and really the only way we find out most of it is from WWE or Wrestling News sites...which IMO is pretty sad..but I glad WWE is doing this..even if it won't get noticed..