Would you welcome Vince Russo back now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TK Grave

Jobber
Reaction score
At this point, Id be willing to give anything a try, because of the simple fact that the writers they have now, clearly are not getting the job done. Besides I liked the storylines he pushed through on TNA or Impact Wrestling.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
If he fires Orton and has Cena put people over then yes.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
No need for Russo. The problem is Vince ignoring the booking team's storylines and writing everything on his own. If Russo was there it wouldn't make a difference. If McMahon didn't ignore the bookers as he does now and Russo was brought back then OK, he's got a filter so I think he'd be good to go.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
McMahon and Russo working together would be good. Russo would come up with the storylines and mcmahon would filter out all the stupid shit

Reaction score
Vince Russo leaving TNA got them back on track for the most part. I just don't think he gets pro wrestling and how certain storylines don't mesh well in the pro wrestling realm. The problem isn't storylines, it's creative getting behind the wrestling and using roster more effectively. He was the man behind Mae Young's hand. I think the WWE needs fresh ideas from people who can work a large roster, foster sports based stories and create rivalries. Think Paul Heyman or Gabe Saploski.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'd never give Russo a chance again. We need creativity but we don't need insane.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
Russo is overrated as F***

This, his car crash TV style is horrible alot of the time. He's very much a one trick pony and the shock style isn't needed currently. Logical advancement is the way forward now, Heyman knows how to do this much better than Russo.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Russo isn't overrated because nobody likes him.

I'd be fine with it, we get enough stupid shit in the product nowadays that adding Russo can add at least a few good ideas to the product. Plus he doesn't have to manage all the egos backstage and push all the "ratings draws" that he did in TNA.

The problem is Vince being his filter, will he let Russo's good ideas die by the wayside?

If nothing else, why not use Triple H? Judging by how NXT is being booked he's their best option (granted, with NXT they don't have to appeal to mass audiences, do PPV hype, manage card structure, etc, but it's still worth a shot) and Koskey too ofc.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That's the thing, there's no need for Russo, there are already people that can book very well in WWE, but Vince doesn't use their ideas.