Would you watch this?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
I know I've already posted this, but it seems to have gotten deleted since the last time I posted it (which was many years ago). I already know what you're going to say, but I need proof that you're saying this.

Would you watch a wrestling show that broadcast exclusively over the Internet? Kinda like ROHBrazil, but it broadcasts EXCLUSIVELY over the Internet. They can do this because, unlike ROHBrazil, they don't just have enough advertisements to break even on the bandwidth. They don't have "limited commercial interruption." The full third of the time slot is dedicated to commercials, as is the case with normal TV. So, a 1-hour show has 20 minutes, a 2-hour show has 40 minutes, and a 3-hour show (like WCW Nitro) has 60 minutes. That's 40, 80, and 120 thirty-second commercials, respectively.

I can see two huge advantages for the fans, one of which is shared by the promotion.

1. Since the promotion gets to keep ALL the advertising revenue, they don't have to sell PPVs. 200,000 viewers (a TENTH of the people who watch TNA, and we're even touching WWE yet), they revenues that Dixie Carter would get moist at the prospect of having.

2. You can see it any time, day or night, without paying for a DVR service. The only catch is that there is software to keep you from fast-forwarding through the commercials.

Would you watch that show at least once, and base your continued watching on your satisfaction of the first show?

Montana

Reaction score
I'm assuming it is is a free wrestling show, and i would give it a shot. However it would need to draw me in. What makes this company different/better than the 100's of other indys. For me to become a loyal viewer, i would need to see a accomplished list of indy stars in a good wrestling program.

Your advanatages for the fans, is that they don't have expensive PPVs, however your company would likely want to expand someday. At the end of the day this is a business. Not saying you can't be sucessful but there are a lot of cost associated with running a wrestling company. Each show, you need to pay the talent, the venue, and the staff. You can have to pay for the website, and merchandise. Ring repairs, and lots of other cost associated. Just be prepared that's all i'm saying. I give you credit for keeping the dream alive. I wanted to open up a organization too, however I have simply lost time. I don't think the Detroit market is quite ready for another indy company as well.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Can I get some more opinions?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it but, yeah,, like any other program, I would need something to get me interested. I don't normally like to sit and watch shit on the net but if it is good enough, I will at least give it a try.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Anybody else wanna give their two cents?

Reaction score
First thing brotha, since it's an internet wrestling show, you need to advertise it on the net very well. Do some Google ad words, throw some banners on reputable wrestling sites. You have to also storm plenty of message boards and put the word out too. It seems like it would be more difficult to advertise online than through tv but far more cost effective. But that is rule no.1; make people aware.
Rule number 2 has already been touched upon, you've got to give people some incentive to watch, especially if you're expecting them to pay for it. I don't know since you didn't say. I also don't know how much advertising an unknown promotion would gain for an online wrestling show.

Now, would I watch? I don't know. I'd have to see who's on the roster, what the cost is and how long the show is. I am of the nature that I don't watch stuff online for long periods of time. I can do a match or a PPV, but an unknown company with a price tag and commercials? Probably not. But again, if you hit the boards well and your show is received well by it's initial audience, than word of mouth might get me enticed to check it out. And it would do the same for many others. But you have to advertise, advertise, advertise. Pimp that shit, brotha.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
My opinions have already been very well said, the main thing for me is cost and product. If it's free I would check it out once or twice, but they would have to do something to keep my attention and/or draw me in. Being that I am not nearly as well rounded in the wrestling world like Montana and Enzo the name's really wouldn't mean much to me, but just what I am being shown on the show is what would keep me watching/wanting to watch.

chessarmy

Reaction score
As long as it's free, I'd watch. I honestly find it hard to follow indies most of the time because of the stupid DVDs, if they all got weekly internet shows I'd tune in for sure