Would you watch this?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
Shimmer is all women wrestlers.
CZW is all hardcore wrestlers.
Chikara is all over-the-top, cartoonish gimmick wrestlers like Delirious.

Imagine if there was an indy promotion that was all high flyers (I say "high flyers" because TNA has trademarked the name X Division)? The main event featured AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Juventud Guerrerra, and Ultimo Dragon. The initial tag title scene featured MCMG, Speed Muscle (from Team Japan in the World X Cup), and the Vulture Squad. The midcard featured talented but not-yet-famous high flyers like Tony Mamaluke (sp), "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush, and "Primetime" Elix Skipper.

Now, imagine all that talent broadcast for FREE over the Internet with commercials, so you never had to pay to see it unless it was a "best of" DVD.

Would you watch that? The reason I'm asking this is because I'm in business school with dreams of starting a wrestling promotion (I'm only becoming a manager to get my foot in the door from the wrestling side of the business).

Montana

Im not sure how you are going to afford Samoa Joe and AJ Styles contracts?

Whats your plan of making money?

Soulpower

I don't know if it would work, it would be a hit with the younger crowd, but some of the older fans wouldn't like to see spotfest after spotfest.

Also, there's the thing that Montana said. All those people you mentioned are pretty much established elsewhere. Unless you threw a LOT of money in their faces, I don't see why they would sign.

1chiban

Reaction score
CHIKARA isn't ALL cartoon characters. Just thought I'd point that out lol

dstebbins

Reaction score
Trust me when I say I've got the finances taken care of.

I'm just asking if you'd watch it at least once and base your continued watching on your satisfaction of the first show.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
yeah, it would be almost like an American Version of Dragon Gate, depending on who's on the roster. The indy scene outside of the big promotions in PA and in the midwest is really weak, there really are only a few good promotions and the others just use washed up guys to draw.

But if anyone wants to do a promotion like that, they'd better be stacked, I just read in interview where it said that ROH was almost finished by mid 2003, until Cary Silkin came along. And I'm still wondering how Chikara makes any money at all with all the guys they bring in.