Would RAW Improve without Stephanie McMahon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Would RAW Improve without Stephanie McMahon?

• Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
steph.png

[This may seem like a joke but it is a serious question.]

I think most people on this forum as well as the WWE fan base detest her. It isn't even about her as a person, just the way she presents herself on RAW. Like we are supposta consider her a face and love her and enjoy her, but no matter what she does it is either awful or exactly what a heel would do. Maybe I am misunderstanding things here but to me, she is seemingly getting worse and worse and I firmly believe RAW would be better without her. It may not solve all their problems with booking and shows but I think the product itself would show signs of improvement with her absence. The fans either show her no respect or simply don't give a crap what she has to say which is pretty sad for who she is. That alone would make me take her off the live programming if I had any say. I don't know her as a person but I never cared for her character unless it was backing HHH with minimal talk which, yea sounds awful, but it suites her. Maybe I am just being too picky.

What are your thoughts? Vote above as well.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
She's on TV for like 10 minutes.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
She's on TV for like 10 minutes.

How much time she is on the show is not the point of the thread. Most wrestlers average about 10 minutes a show (segment wise).

The fans hardly react the way they want them to when she is on. Half the time they show no interest and the other half they make a joke of it. This past RAW was kind of proof of that, granted it was Chicago. The point is that her character or persona hardly ever makes sense and people do not support her as a face or a heel and it seems she hardly ever gets good reactions which in turn seems to slow the show itself down. Like I said, maybe I am being too picky here but I think having minor appearances from her (once every few months) would be better then having her on each week. Both her character and the show (progressions wise and in other minor ways) would improve but that is just my opinion.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I personally like Stephanie...always have...I like strong, powerful women
who act like evil bitches. Hence my "love" of Charlotte and Alexa Bliss.

Stephanie is not the problem with RAW...its the writing, lack of characters
and character development and the repetitive booking.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I personally like Stephanie...always have...I like strong, powerful women
who act like evil bitches. Hence my "love" of Charlotte and Alexa Bliss.

Stephanie is not the problem with RAW...its the writing, lack of characters
and character development and the repetitive booking.

I know she isn't the problem which is why I mentioned it wont solve their bigger issues, I just think people would take her more seriously if she wasn't on on a weekly basis.
And Charlotte and Alexa are above her level in my opinion.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I know she isn't the problem which is why I mentioned it wont solve their bigger issues, I just think people would take her more seriously if she wasn't on on a weekly basis.
May-be...but I'd rather they ditch Mick Foley than Stephanie...
And Charlotte and Alexa are above her level in my opinion.
Well...that really goes without saying...

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
There's really two answers to this...

The first is to Roadie's point and compare it to Darren Young and Titus O'Neil's feud earlier this year. "Man, what if you took this crappy feud nobody cares about off my TV and replace it with these awesome CWC guys!!???!?! How much better would Raw be?"... Yeah.

On the other side to hell with Stephanie. The universe always revolves around her and outside of 2 lines I remember (Punk, Ryback) and an accidental spear NOBODY is allowed to look strong against her.
On the show where the CHOSEN ONE, Roman Reigns, finally got over and attacked Vince himself not once but TWICE and he'll sell for the dude, Stephanie still GAVE HIM A LEGIT BLACK EYE in the opening segment.
She's supposed to be a heel but because of her petty bickering with her brother turned face off-screen and tries to suck up but she's still a bitch because... well, she is one... before talking up Make a Wish later on in that segment.
She talks up how philanthropy is the future of marketing and wants to be known worldwide as this amazing, philanthropic, wonderful businesswoman who "plays a bad guy on TV", then wonders why nobody's over.
She was with the Authority during the Long Boring 20 Minute Opening Promos to Start Raw(tm WWE) where she protected Seth during the last PPV, then made him go out and wrestle matches against the Big Show which pissed the "golden boy" off, which erased' Rollins' heat.
Don't get me started on the longest reigning Divas title reign grudge garbage either.

I don't want to get on here and rant about Stephanie McMahon. It's sad that most this stuff is why, too, because it would be great if we could rant like this about Charlotte or Alexa or... ya know... A WRESTLER.

Hell, off-screen you can tell a clear difference in Smackdown ever since Ryan Ward took over, and ever since the brand split Ward's writing has clearly carried over from his time on NXT onto the main roster. Granted Vince has much less to do with Smackdown and that helps and all, but that makes me wonder how much control the writers really have. Most people look around the time that Stephanie took over Creative as the time when the show's quality took a dramatic nosedive. Shocking, that the girl who can run out and talk about how WWE is in "the business of telling stories with dynamic characters which captivate the audience!" and whatever the fuck can be the one over here slapping down anything that moves.

Go away. Please.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
May-be...but I'd rather they ditch Mick Foley than Stephanie...

Well...that really goes without saying...

LOL Yeah Mick don't seem to do much either for me. Just seems like aside from a few wrestlers, SmackDown got the better end of the stick all around.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Hell, off-screen you can tell a clear difference in Smackdown ever since Ryan Ward took over, and ever since the brand split Ward's writing has clearly carried over from his time on NXT onto the main roster.
Give Ryan Ward a large paper bag filled with money...his writing is what
is elevating SmackDown and the wrestlers on it.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Give Ryan Ward a large paper bag filled with money...his writing is what
is elevating SmackDown and the wrestlers on it.

Reddit already sent him a fruit basket as NXT writer after giving us R-Evolution. It's only right for his main roster callup :)

Snowman1

Reaction score
Nice...although...I think he deserves more than a fruit basket...

Reading those words from you, my mind went in one single direction... "A night with Alexa!?!?!?!" Come on, that chick isn't sleeping her way to the top! She's doing it with sheer talent, dammit!!!!!

oh, right, you literally just talked up a bag of money. :facepalm1: Ignore this! Never mind!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with my Snow Buddy here. I love Stephanie and I like her role on Raw. I don't want to see her taken off the air.

Raw's issues have little to do with Steph and she is one of the few consistent good things on the show. Keep her.

Reactions: Gman003

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Without a shadow of a doubt.

Stephanie's role serves no purpose. She's a untouchable heel figure who spends majority of her screen time cutting every main roster member down by the ankles. Belittling them and cuckolding them 10 times out of 10. But unlike any other heel authority figure, there will never be any comeuppance. The male wrestlers she cuckolds are never going to lay a hand on her since she's a woman and that's not a message WWE wants to send. And neither of the women are on her level and never will be because she is the one calling the shots. The last person to get comeuppance on her was Ronda Rousey and they won't get her full time so it was for nothing either way.

Stephanie's role serves no purpose because she is never going to put anyone over. Why have a heel authority figure if it never fulfills its purpose?

Reactions: Solid Snake