Would Kofi Turn Heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Kingston has been a fan favorite during his entire run in WWE. While he has no plans to turn heel, he would be up for it if the fans wanted it.

“It’s all about how the fans see you,” he said. “Going back to The Rock, people used to love him initially. But then they started chanting ‘Rocky sucks.’ And for no reason really. Maybe they just got sick of him, or were able to see through the character and see that wasn’t who he really was. Whatever the reason, it was the fans that actually made The Rock start thinking about becoming The Rock. I really have no idea. Everyone has a different story of how they go back and forth from good guy to bad guy. Nobody really knows what the future holds. And I think that’s one of the best things about it — that unpredictability factor.”

Would you guys want him to be a heel? Could he do it?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if he could do it to be honest, he's just a natural face with the way he performs.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:hmm: I do remember during his feud with Orton he did look more aggressive, and actually was. I could see him being a decent heel. I say he should give it a shot for a few months to see how it is.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Kofi focused on WM and dicusses a turn

As WWE marches toward WrestleMania, the career of Kofi Kingston appears to be in a downward trajectory. Since losing the Intercontinental Championship to Wade Barrett on the New Year's Eve episode of Raw, the regularly spotlighted wrestler has yet to win a match on Raw, SmackDown or at a pay-per-view event. Despite his slipping standing, Kingston has his sights set on breaking into the main event scene.

"I'm focusing right now on breaking into that top tier," said Kingston to SLAM! Wrestling promoting WrestleMania. "I feel that now I'm so close, you know. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but like I said, I feel I can go out there with anybody and be great. It's just a matter of getting opportunities to do so and staying the course of what I do. I always say that I don't have control over what the direction of the show will be, and what storylines I'll be in. But what I do have control over is being in the ring and doing what I do. Regardless of what's going on and whomever I'm in there with, I'll be able to go out there and do some incredible things. It's like I said, I always want to be moving ahead."

Kingston has been involved in multi-man matches at WrestleMania since 2009, and is hopeful that this is the year he will be featured in a singles match.

"When we were kids and fantasizing about being a WWE Superstar -- I actually had a Bugs Bunny doll that I used to practice all my moves on -- you always imagine yourself being in the main event a WrestleMania. Me and Bugs Bunny. You always envision being there in a singles match. Just you and your opponent on the grandest stage of them all. The selfishness comes out, but you want more eyes on you than on having them on other people in your match," said Kingston.

The multi-time champion says he would be willing to compete against anyone at WrestleMania since he prides himself in his ability to have a great match with any talent.

"I'm not picky at all. I pride myself on being one of those guys that can go out there with anybody and have a great match. I have the mentality that it doesn't matter who I'm in there with, we'll tear the house down regardless," said Kingston.

Kingston has been a fan favorite during his entire run in WWE. While he has no plans to turn heel, he would be up for it if the fans wanted it.

"It's all about how the fans see you," he said. "Going back to The Rock, people used to love him initially. But then they started chanting 'Rocky sucks.' And for no reason really. Maybe they just got sick of him, or were able to see through the character and see that wasn't who he really was. Whatever the reason, it was the fans that actually made The Rock start thinking about becoming The Rock. I really have no idea. Everyone has a different story of how they go back and forth from good guy to bad guy. Nobody really knows what the future holds. And I think that's one of the best things about it -- that unpredictability factor."

Kingston also discusses his entry into the professional wrestling industry, the change from his initial Jamaican character, his luck in avoiding serious injury, living in the public spotlight and more. The full interview is available here.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/WrestleMania29/2013/03/08/20638941.html

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It is long overdue. He is fairly talented but has pretty clearly peaked as a face. He will never be a main event face, and what more can he do in the mid card as a face? Not much. I say turn him. If he can make it work, hopefully he advances his way up the card. If he fails, turn him back and he can be forever mid card.

AnnaLove

Jobber
Reaction score
hoping to see something interested if he decided to turn heel. it all depends on how is heel character be used.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully yes , I mean , is the only way he will have air time and not be buried so yeah it would be. Okay

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
RE: Kofi focused on WM and dicusses a turn

KLockard23 said:
Wrestlemania 30: Kofi Kingston vs Bugs Bunny

Maybe he's teasing the next WWE movie project. Like Space Jam, but with wrestling.

Reactions: Dat Kid1

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Kofi focused on WM and dicusses a turn

http://wweforums.net/thread-21688.html

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Senhor Perfect said:
Maybe he's teasing the next WWE movie project. Like Space Jam, but with wrestling.

Holy fucking shit. Quick, edit this message and take down the info before WWE steals it. You are sitting on a gold mine of an idea my friend.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score

Dolph'sZiggler said:
Holy fucking shit. Quick, edit this message and take down the info before WWE steals it. You are sitting on a gold mine of an idea my friend.

I could write up the story in no time, lol.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Senhor Perfect said:

:yes:

inb4 Rabbit Season, Goat Season :bitw: