Worth Watching?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
As you know ive only been watching wwe regularly for about two years

In that time i hear smackdown come im for some stick on podcasts and stuff

I watch it occasionally but i never seem to lose out on any important storylines when i do miss it

Is it imperative to watch it to keep up with fueds and are the matches on the same level as the raw matches

Just a quick poondering id like some view on

TopDiesel

Jobber
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever watched Smackdown with any regularity, and I still feel updated during the PPVs.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Missing out on SmackDown ain't much of a big deal. You can always read the results online and keep up with it.

I rarely watch the full show, only when I'm extremely bored, but I usually cherry-pick stuff from the show.

Reactions: Thunderlips

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I started watching when LUG went off the air - wanted more wrestling to keep track of besides just NXT - and usually wound up enjoying it, but most of that was because... well... it's Smackdown. You go in knowing it's a filler show, the important stuff will wait for Raw, there won't be any major surprises or match of the year contenders or anything like that, wrestling for wrestling's sake is more forgivable and less boring, the commentary is much better, Vince has less say-so, and canned pops are there if that bothers you.

Basically since the expectations are so low you can usually wind up pretty entertained by what you see, and some surprising gems pop up on there. Plus, hell, whatever the important stuff is on Raw gets replayed on Smackdown, and the whole story from Raw gets talked up in the opening segment, so why would you watch Raw when SD is a thing?

but now there's at least 3 other wrestling shows a week you should prioritize over SD

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm one of the odd ones. But I think Smackdown and Main event are two of the better shows WWE puts out.
They are solid in ring shows that has something that delivers every week. And it is pretty obvious just looking at it that Vince and Kevin Dunn are not backstage for these tapings, but allow Triple H, Ryan Ward and Road Dogg to call the shots. It's a much more relaxed set of shows

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
Are superstars and main event part of the narrative or just to show extra wrestling

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Are superstars and main event part of the narrative or just to show extra wrestling
They make reference to stuff going on. But they aren't exactly part of the narrative. Jack Swagger is the king of Main Event. I could watch him and Kevin Owens have 20 minute matches for days

• Haha

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
Looks like they are setting up a herl turn on this weeks smackdown right?

Ambrose hitting Roman off the apron