Worst World Champion of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Kane (98?) - Won it due to Austin's arm(?) bleeding in a first blood match (lame) then lost it the following night.

i honestly think that he wasnt supose to win that night. taker came down and hit autstin making him bleed, they couldnt fake it so the ref had nothing to do but rule kane as the winner. kane lost the belt the next night held if less than 24hrs. i honestly think that he wasnt supose to win it.

I hear what you're saying and while it partly makes sense I do think it was intended for Kane to win (and if anything the reign was cut short because of the botched ending of the match. i.e. Taker cutting Austin).

Main reason I say this is cos the other stipulation in the match was that if Kane lost he'd have to set himself on fire; an ending which obviously they had to swerve.

i no that people have held titles for a day but form what i memeber not a world title.

Not strictly true....

*Yokozuna held the WWF title for a matter of minutes @ WM9.
*On SNME, Andre The Giant held the WWF title for a matter of moments before he gave the belt to Dibiase (only for the belt to be vacated as a result.)
*Randy Orton AND HHH had WWE world title reigns which lasted less than a day within the same event (No Mercy07)

(You could argue that Y2J had another super-brief reign when he beat HHH on SD, but that isn't an acknowledged title riegn.)

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
*Yokozuna held the WWF title for a matter of minutes @ WM9.
*On SNME, Andre The Giant held the WWF title for a matter of moments before he gave the belt to Dibiase (only for the belt to be vacated as a result.)
*Randy Orton AND HHH had WWE world title reigns which lasted less than a day within the same event (No Mercy07)

(You could argue that Y2J had another super-brief reign when he beat HHH on SD, but that isn't an acknowledged title riegn.)

ok with those i really reigns with yokozuna and andre i only no little about them kuz i didnt watch wreslting then and dad told me about andre but didnt no about SNME and the orton triple h title trading, that was all dumb i think that makes the title lose presteige with them trading it off like that in 1 night. and after that it started me believing that the only reason they did that was to add more title reighns on hunter, and for orton i like the guy my fav. top heel in wwe and i didnt like the way gave him his 1st wwe title (im not including the world heavy weight title seeing as though its the world heavy weight title )only to have him lose it and then get it back counting that as two reigns making him 3 time world champ i think its dumb.

And remember what tirple said said about y2j "that match never happened, you people didnt see anything, i never lost my title"

Airfixx

Well regardless of whether you liked what went down or wasn't watching in those days... That shit happened. LOL

re: HHH/Orton... They had to do something. Orton was meant to face Cena again and leave with the title. WWE had their backs against the wall after Cena got injurred whilst holding the belt... What they did was just meant to spice up the PPV and get Orton the belt. I think they did a good job.

Reaction score
Rey Mysterio - They just made him get sqaushed in matches

John Cena - His title reign was boring and the promos were similar every week

Kane - Only 1 day

Khali - Promos and matches sucked

Reaction score
Bob Backlund's second reign was a joke.

Khali is terrible.

Yokozun had it for 2 1/2 minutes and was FAAAAT.

Airfixx

Yokozun had it for 2 1/2 minutes and was
FAAAAT.

Yoko was awesome!

Where, before or since, have you ever seen a 500+ pound guy with such agility and a moveset like that?

(Also, the first heel champion to successfully defend the WWF Championship at a WrestleMania (even if he did lose it by the end of the WM10).)

Reaction score
I didn't say he sucked, i just think his title reign was a comic routine. he was pretty good in the ring actually.

And you can't deny...HE WAS FAAAAAT.

Airfixx

^^^Fair enough, my bad, but what was so bad about his reign?

...One of the longest reigns n the modern era and he seemed legit in as much as you really couldn't imagine anyone beating him cos of his size and it was all the better for the fact that unlike most blob-like-bigmen he could actually have a damn good match.

...But yeah, has WAS fat! ;o]

Big Show is pretty good at being good and agile.

No comparrison IMO. Seriously, I like Show and all, but go check out some of Yoko's matches... Some s-e-r-i-o-u-s belly-to-belly suplexes, kicks to the head from standing position, inziguris(sp?) and such... The guy could really move.

Reaction score
I mean his April 4th 1993 reign of 2 1/2 mins. That is why it was a joke. His other reign (for like a year i think) was completely different.

The reign i speak of is the second shortest in history. Thats all I meant by it being a joke. I like Yoko ^^

xtremebadass

Rey Mysterio's reign believe it or not is my most hated World title reign of all time. I know it was a tribute to Eddie and all, but it just didn't fit well in any other aspect of WWE at all. Let's see, the plan was for Eddie to take the belt from Batista because he was injured, then drop the belt to ORTON at WM22. That would have been 100000x better than Mysterio. Sorry if I offended the latino Mysterio fanatics out there, but that's just how I see it lol.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Rey and RVD.

I don't think Khali's title reign was the worst, I mean seriously a man of Khali's stature was meant to become champion sooner or later. Plus SD! had only Rey, Batista, Taker and Khali that were in contention. With no real wrestling skill, just chop here, kick there, since when do you need an arsenal of moves to become champion these days?