Worst Trends

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
What would you consider some of the worst trends that are in style today?
They can be clothing related, body modification, lifestyle, ect.

I was thinking about it and I remember when I was younger, not many people had gauged ears. When I did see someone who did, they were small and fit the natural shape of the earlobe. I thought they looked different. They didn't look bad but it wasn't something I would want to do. People who did it, well they did it to be different and I respected that.

Fast forward 10 years and now so many people seem to have them and they are mostly the oversized stretched holes. The ones that don't follow the natural shape of the ear. The ones that to me, look awful. When you ask people why they say they did it to be different, but if so many other people do it these days, is it really "different" anymore? I consider it a trend and once something becomes a trend you do it to fit in more a less. A lot of the people who had them 10 years ago have since gotten rid of them, likely for the same reason... It became "trendy". People can do what they want with their bodies, it is their business but a lot of people who have these tend to get pretty triggered when you bring it to their attention that it is "cool" and "trendy" these days.

So yeah I would say gauged ears is one of the worst trends of today. I am sure I said it on here before but I stand by it. Once the natural shape of the ear is gone, it grosses me out.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
x354-q80.jpg

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yuck! I dnt like it.! I've NEVER seen anyone with these. And if I did, I'd keep a good 15-25 foot distance between me and that person.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Does anyone else remember Planking as a thing?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I don't like trends in general, doesn't matter what it is.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'm eventually going to get around to gauging my ears. 00 is the biggest I'm going, agree that it looks terrible when they're just this gigantic gaping hole.

I also had a ring that looked like a dragon claw which extended up my entire middle finger that I used to wear.

...you guys are mean :dawg:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Anyone remember sillybands? They were basically the fidget spinner of the late 2000's.
C_lhNrKXkAA-A9-.jpg

200.gif

My younger cousins had THOUSANDS of them. I remember putting a circle, a thing of fries, and a shake/drink on the table at my aunt's and taking a picture of it.
It reminded me of Aqua Teen Hunger Force... LOL To me, they were just fancy shaped rubber bands. At least they can claim fidget spinners have medical use. ha

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Jeremiah

The Artiste
Reaction score
The Finger Armour, or the full finger ring, has been around for years, I think I still have a few of them, for costume purposes. But, my biggest thing has got to be the Male Rompers.